Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Arcania: Gothic 4 Demo Released

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
jebus christ. THAT bad?

Radisshu

Prophet
denizsi said:
This gave me an idea. We should make a thread that spoils all the plot twists to every major shit RPG in a single sentence and strive to have it come up on first page results in Google for each game.

FUCK YES

KS

Novice
denizsi said:
Alexandros said:
She does indeed die.

This gave me an idea. We should make a thread that spoils all the plot twists to every major shit RPG in a single sentence and strive to have it come up on first page results in Google for each game.

Also, Avatar 2 Release Date Confirmed.

A thread?

If you want to have a major story spoiler of Arcania you only need the play the demo. I don´t know about the other versions, but in the german pc version there is a questlog entry at the end of the demo which seems to spoiler the end of the fullversion. I don´t think that this is a joke or something like that. It seems they took a scene of the end of the fullversion and forgot to deaktivate the questlog. -> EPIC FAIL!
No comment from JoWooD up to now.

As I said, I don´t know if it is also in the other versions, but I think it is better to warn the players who actually are interested in this game.
In the german version the questlog entry it titled: A Gothic Tale.

Micmu

Magister
KS said:
but I think it is better to warn the players who actually are interested in this game.
Fuck warning, just post the damn entry then.

KS

Novice
micmu said:
KS said:
but I think it is better to warn the players who actually are interested in this game.
Fuck warning, just post the damn entry then.

Ok, but it is in german:

Don´t click this links if you want to play Arcania, because it is very likely that they spoiler the end of the fullversion!

Here also a pcgames article (also german) on this spoiler:

Don´t click this links if you want to play Arcania, because it is very likely that they spoiler the end of the fullversion!

Edit: Well, it seems the spoiler tags were useless...

Micmu

Magister
Spoiler said:
You have defeated Xesha and brought Seal of The Sleeper to its destination. The fate of humanity will be better derp derp you saved Rhobar IIIrd and the world !11derp

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Xesha? Recycling names much or the first letter? Xardas as a female?

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Btw, I love how consoletard sheep on CD-Action's forum are defending this shit saying that the 'Gothic' difficulty that is locked for the demo is probably gonna make the combat JUST LIKE IN PREVIOUS GOTHICS!!!

But my personal favourite is 'climbing and swimming were probably locked for the purposes of the demo'. Yeah, that seems very reasonable :smug:

Luzur

Good Sir
Darth Roxor said:
Btw, I love how consoletard sheep on CD-Action's forum are defending this shit saying that the 'Gothic' difficulty that is locked for the demo is probably gonna make the combat JUST LIKE IN PREVIOUS GOTHICS!!!

But my personal favourite is 'climbing and swimming were probably locked for the purposes of the demo'. Yeah, that seems very reasonable :smug:

the usual spiel, it was the same on TESF after Oblivion had showed its real face and the rage came swinging right back to Bethesda.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Darth Roxor said:

Dude, they cannot even into making proper ground walkmesh, and you are asking for climbing and swimming. Remember getting stuck in random objects in ArcaniA?

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Zlaja said:

virginmaryscry_450x250.jpg

What have those faggots done?

Phelot

Arcane
Darth Roxor said:

Yeah, that was pretty bad. I kept getting stuck actually on invisible borders around rocks and the ocean.

Did anyone get by the doofus on the bridge saying he wouldn't let anyone by until the molerats in his farm are dead? I mean, there's all this space around him that I could have sneaked by or at least why the fuck couldn't I kill him?

HardCode

Erudite
Clockwork Knight said:
I doubt this sort of thing would be in a finished product.

Bullshit. It's a demo, not a beta. It's supposed to demonstrate the finished product, to entice people to buy it. The game sucks, face it.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
HardCode said:
Clockwork Knight said:
I doubt this sort of thing would be in a finished product.

Bullshit. It's a demo, not a beta. It's supposed to demonstrate the finished product, to entice people to buy it. The game sucks, face it.

They could have made a small pop-up message at the start of the demo saying how some parts of the gameplay are inferior to the full game because of time restrain of releasing of demo (or some crap excuse like that). Thats why I believe that this is presentation of full game and it sucks really really badly.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
phelot said:
Did anyone get by the doofus on the bridge saying he wouldn't let anyone by until the molerats in his farm are dead? I mean, there's all this space around him that I could have sneaked by or at least why the fuck couldn't I kill him?

There's a vid on youtube of someone jumping around the hills like a mountain goat to get past that guy. There's nothing in that area anyway, just some hut with 1-2 npcs, and that's all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom