Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum shouldn't run like ass on modern systems. What's the fix?

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Yes, I installed the latest unofficial/high resolution patches, ie-ddrawfix fixes and all the other DDdraw fixes, and it STILL runs like shit with Windows 10 at the minimum resolution I'm willing to accept (1280 X 720). I can stand 25 FPS (my minimum tolerance) but the one thing that chives my hams is a slow, laggy or jerky mouse cursor. The ie-ddrawfix fix is the only thing that actually works, the mouse cursor zips around the screen and feels smooth as butter, but every other fix causes that slight cursor jankiness and lag-drag that I just can't stand since I'm so used to 2000 DPI with a 1000 Hz polling rate. But the ie-ddrawfix fix introduces something even more annoying -- extreme cursor stuttering whenever I highlight menu options or certain UI elements in the game. Really wanted to play this classic cRPG but I need a totally smooth experience. Once and for all, is there a fix for these problems?

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
What is THE way to play this game in a non-suicidal format? I know it's on Steam/GOG/GGn and would like to play it eventually.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
arcanum runs fine with UAP 151 on 64 bit win 10, but it has some kinks that drog didn't work out. you may encounter a bug in which you're unable to pan the camera - i was able to work that out by resetting the configuration parameters for the patch to default. the only things i didnt change are the text scaling parameters and the ones for resolution

Farewell young Prince into the night

Arcanum Multiverse Edition works fine for me on Windows 8.1

Vorark

Erudite
Never had an issue with the GOG and Steam versions on Win7 x64.

It's for mouse scrolling but may be of help: create a shortcut to the exe and add -scrolldist:0 -scrollfps:70 to the target line.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom