Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum unofficial patch: what parts?

Mr Happy

Scholar
OK, I am playing Arcanum for the first time, and downloading the Unofficial patch, High quality townmaps from the same guy, and the high resolution patch. I have a few questions about the unofficial patch: is the "extra content" option good or is it just goofy? Is the "Townmap fixes" the same as the high quality town map patch? And, what the hell is "original Bedokaan model" or whatever and should I get it?

Also, any thing I should know as a first time player would be welcome.

Thank you.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
additonal content = restored content that existed in the databases but wasn't implemented in the game. Mostly inventory pics for weapons and stuff, some additional dialogue... none of it made by Drog, all of it existed already in the game files.

Dnny

Educated
Dicksmoker said:
Mr Happy said:
Don't play as a gun-slinging techie with low charisma.

I would have said, don't make a gunslinger at all. Guns suck for the first half of the game and simply are not worth the pain. If you play a techie, put some points to make yourself a decent fighter and use buff potions and tech armors + weapons.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Mr Happy said:

Thank you.

Play as a magic user. Get harm and desintegrate. Ignore boring combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom