Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Archaelund is an Arkania-style fantasy RPG set in the world of Exiled Kingdoms

Jinn

Arcane
How is Exiled Kingdoms?

The game is fun and definitely worth the small price tag, particularly as an introduction to the world Archaelund will take place in. I just started playing it again recently do to my excitement over this announcement. Biggest drawbacks to Exiled Kingdoms would be some of the open-source assets and music used, as well as the fairly simple combat. That isn't to say the combat is bad, or lacks challenge, but it's clearly no where near what Archaelund is aiming for (or even really similar at all, as it's ARPG combat).

Greatest strengths of Exiled Kingdom would be the world building, lore, exploration, interesting quest design, reputation/faction system, tone, meaningful character progression, dungeon crawling, and itemization. All of these more than make up for the shortcomings I mentioned. I'd recommend it to anyone who's interest has been piqued by this announcement, with the warning to not enter it with wild expectations. It's impressive and fun as a developer's first project and you can see the promise of future development to come, but it has its problems.

Last edited:

ToddMcF2002

Educated
Damn I really didn't like Exiled Kingdom but I tried it on my iPhone. Now based on this Archaelund MASSIVE INCLINE I've got to go back and buy the Steam version of Exiled. I mean damn this Archaelund game is tops on my watch list now.

flabbyjack

Arcane
If Exiled Kingdoms is any indicator of what these guys are capable of I'm very excited. Not as excited as I am for Cyberpunk 2077 tho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom