Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Archmage Rises - the play-how-you-want mage simulator - now available on Early Access

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fun fact: the indie dev community generally looks down on people who "teach others how to indie dev."

A common insult is "why don't you go start a youtube channel?"
Wait you have a youtube channel.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The 1 million USD is so optimistic that honestly I feel the guy fell for a scam or someshit

This game only have a very limited niche following with no real hype or splash. EA launch ended up a wet fart even for people waiting for the game

To even break even the cost of 1 million would require sales that this game will not have, unless they are simply taking the engine/baseline and use it to build another game as part of that 1 million USD

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The 1 million USD is so optimistic that honestly I feel the guy fell for a scam or someshit

This game only have a very limited niche following with no real hype or splash. EA launch ended up a wet fart even for people waiting for the game

To even break even the cost of 1 million would require sales that this game will not have, unless they are simply taking the engine/baseline and use it to build another game as part of that 1 million USD
Seems like a passion project through and through. People do strange things when it's something they love.

There was a lot of charm when I played the game a few months back, but the game was a skeleton. What it requires, unfortunately, is years and years of content.

With the studio being acquired and 1.0 being set to next year, I'm skeptical.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.archmagerises.com/news/2024/4/22/player-experience-driven-development-for-archmage-rises

Recipe for Success​

The last several weeks have been planning and transition. We’re bringing on four new team members in just over a week, so getting everyone aligned and on the same page as far as game vision has been pivotal.
Mark Webster is a 15+ year veteran game designer (GoW:Ragnarök, God of War 2018, Guitar Hero, Skylanders) and Lead Designer on Archmage Rises since last fall. Last week he laid out for the team how and why we are tackling development in a Play Experience way.
I recorded this meeting for the new employees starting in May. But afterwards, I felt it was so good and explanatory that I am taking a chance: I’m sharing this internal meeting with you, our faithful fellow adventurer.
First+Slide.jpg

This is the first slide, which I forgot to record.

Notes:
  • What we’re working on is Update #3 Exploration, but it is so comprehensive of an update that it is most of the game. It is going to take us a while, many months.
  • We will continue to make patches every other week as long as we need to, while we are doing the above.
  • Mark mentions something about ‘Adventure Books’ and ‘Seasons of Life’. These are concepts around structuring the overall ‘life’ of a player character still very much still in design discussion. I’ll have more to say when we figure out what it means!

Rivals​

• All five mage types are working: Fire, Ice, Arcane, Earth, Storm
  • Phil and I are doing one last round of experience testing before we release to the beta branch. Think it is this week.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
I'm a tiny bit exhausted with the devs talking so much about developing a game. I get making a game is a complicated and hard process, but making a diary of making it instead of providing the news is getting silly. At this point those news read like a motivational blog where the author tries to improve their life and hook the readers into it as well. It's weird.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom