Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any "turn based" Star Wolves?

MichiK

Novice
Patron
Long ago I played an SSI game called Interceptor which allowed you to fight turn based space battles, as well as build and customize ships.

Anything come along since then? Shareware or commercial?

I have played Star Wolves, which is pretty good, but not turn based.

The EV:N like games are not bad either, but again, not turn based.

Lastly, there was Space Rangers 2, which was turn absed, but not very tactical.

Maybe I missed something that someone could point me at?

Thanks!

k_bits

Scholar
Well...I haven't played Star Wolves.

I have played EVN

This is like a combat / mission based EVN without any RPG elements. It *is* turn based, however, depending on your definition of that term.

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/critical.html

Is that the kind of thing you were after?

EDIT: I have no idea why that version plays so damn slowly. I have one of the early ones and it's great. I've uploaded it here (as I doubt it still exists on the net) for you to try.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tkahxv

Still not sure if it's what you're after though. I have often pondered using the combat mechanics
to create something like "Pirates in space! 2099".

k_bits

Scholar
Transcendence isn't turn based, which is what the OP wanted

MichiK

Novice
Patron
That Critical Mass game is pretty interesting. However, I am really looking for a game with the Escape Velocity / Elite - like ability to upgrade, trade, do missions, etc.

I have already tried trancedence (sp?), and some of the other clones like flatspace ... I am just not a twitch gamer enough to enjoy them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom