Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I can only imagine Infinitron like Wormtongue in DU's ear, "We could be a respectable forum." Except then you won't be anything at all. Just another turd in the toilet bowl.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I voted free speech although by common sense it should be both.

Using the ni*ger (using * to avoid autocorrect) insult or Nazis as a example to crack down on free speech is exactly bthe same tactics leftists use to legalise abortion.

Say we need to allow abortion due rape victims or women whose life is threatened by pregnancy which in reality consist of like 1% of all abortions and others are out of convenience.

Same with free speech, say we need to stop those pesky Nazis then the next day you can't say anything against gays or any form of leftists ideology.

Those who weren't here few years ago when Gamergate started certain mods did everything in power to remove any post or topic referring to it.

It didn't have anything to do with Nazis, white supremacist or niggers but their ideology was under attack so they retaliated.

Putting any control of freedom of speech is just opening the door for a slow purge of people certain moderators will find unwanted, or better said people who don't share their beliefs.

And then you will end up with yet another Resetera.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
The Codex is not a democracy. It is probably best described as an autocracy.

Also: DU has been known to flip the poll choices if things aren't going in his favor. See above.

So, you know ... participate in his polls at your own peril and remember the result is exactly what he wants it to be.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
At the end of the day there is always option to block users whose posts you don't want to see.

It's a better solution then forcing your own beliefs on everyone.

cpmartins

Cipher
I love how the MOST POWERFUL WORD IN THE UNIVERSE, WHICH DESTROYS ALL MEN AND KILLS WEBSITES BY IT`S MERE UTTERANCE is what warned me to this horseshit.
Do what you must, we`ll do the same.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I challenge DarkUnderlord to a duel over the ownership of Codex. I will cover the cost of flight to Australia myself. We will fight 1v1 with melee weapon of your choice. The cost of your burial service is also going to be paid by me as a sign of good will.

lol they ain't letting people into australia
Boat it is then.

No-Way-001.jpg

Zibniyat

Arcane
At the end of the day there is always option to block users whose posts you don't want to see.

It's a better solution then forcing your own beliefs on everyone.

We all know people who want "political discussions" forbidden aren't interested in merely not being personally affected by it (negatively or positively), they want others to be punished for it or limited in some sense. It isn't about convenience, justice or whatever.

As for DU, he probably just doesn't want Codex to get "bad reputation" for discussions herein, and wants to preemptively ban them so that he be spared retaliation from Twitter or whatever. An understandable position, if a bit pathetic.

Better enforce stronger and clearer rules in non-GD forums. You don't want people to say the "n-word"? Then clearly state so in the rules and enforce it. Don't want people to speak badly about Jews? Say so. Instead of this frankly childish and tiresome kwetching about what should be done.

Where's that black man who said "online harassment? move away from the screen bitch!", because goddamn. There are countless threads with innumerable insults, lies and propaganda against Islam here, and even calls for genocide of Muslims (hi irenaecuck), on account of that in some countries this whole site would be purged out of existence and everyone arrested for "hate crime". Grow the hell up people.

And lastly, again, Codex isn't nearly as influential in any way, either for or against the right or the left. There's like couple of dozens users who frequently post in GD. Wow much extremism there. How out of touch with outside world one has to be to think Codex in any way has any influence on real societies? Overblown as usual.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What did Desiderius do?
asked to be banned

Wrong thread, srs. Also did he literally or figuratively asked to be banned?
Figuratively. It was the pettiest ban I've ever witnessed on this site:

Playing game as designed is not 4D chess. A lot of people highly invested in missing my point. Hard.

I’d speculate as to why that is but don’t want to be cruel.
Can you fuck off, you obnoxious cunt? Permanently, if possible. Leave and grace some other forum with your valuable presence.

No. Do it for free to someone else.

Bring out the banhammer. You know you want to.

Murk

Arcane
As for DU, he probably just doesn't want Codex to get "bad reputation" for discussions herein, and wants to preemptively ban them so that he be spared retaliation from Twitter or whatever. An understandable position, if a bit pathetic.

May god forgive me for defending an Australian, but I don't think that's quite the case. DU has been pretty adamantly pro free speech in the past, and is hardly some progtard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom