Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Ark: Survival Evolved

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So, while raw was busy doing what young virile German lads do on a workday night, me and thesoup decided to use our valuable time for more fulfilling activities - taming more virtual dinosaurs!

First of course we needed more berries so that our dedicated meth cook could prepare powerful narcotics, so a-foraging we went.
8C847CA472C4101F239858385DA66F5BEE8D814E
After which thesoup defeated a mighty Trike in a match of fisticuffs and we pumped it full of dope and started the brainwashing (all the while fending off hungry beggars and other untermenschen, rightfully afraid of our trained German Nazi murder raptor)
5BB6504AD84B14427B08D011C2DC8BFDAFE45E2F

0E4A25FB5BB3C175F956AB4797B55C7E49724892
Our valiant efforts were of course eventually rewarded with success.
0F7F6156154D8EAEF8BB407AABAF5611B270A92B
And our quickly growing family welcomed its newest member, kingcomrade , the overweight Triceratops
25F651E1A34F2FD93C9D92960186C835A2C8713C
Remember, JF - kc is friend not food!
322BCA8D7F18B44E924D10C0904F1ED2067E9DFC
After which thesoup bailed on me and I had to toil on my own enlarging our garage to fit KC's fat kwan ass.
6CED1D72C5115186761547936251E5374B478CCC

012A818342FFAF78D104597626BFF74D4C249111

23D3B96EFFC1D5120FA12B2B4EBAC9EC2CB431FA
Bonus picture: our neighbours are a bit more advanced than us still
E57BF423852599D2AC284FE93232BE3CE33FAA6B

PS raw get your ass in there, we need sparkpowder for the fridge

Last edited:

thesoup

Arcane
I hope raw will be delighted to log in and find himself well fed, watered, and with a brand new set of leather clothes I took the liberty of making for him and dressing him into.

Gotta say kingcomrade looks pretty badass with that saddle.

For reference, we're at levels 13 (raw), 21 (moi) and 23 (evdk) now. Once I reach level 35 is when the fun begins because that is when we will finally have saddles for flying dinosaurs. And yes, you can fly on them in this game.:incline:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So, while raw was busy doing what young virile German lads do on a workday night,
:negative:
I hope raw will be delighted to log in and find himself well fed, watered, and with a brand new set of leather clothes I took the liberty of making for him and dressing him into.
What a service. :troll: :5/5: for hotel evdk.

hitherto unreleased footage of kingcomrade
SCGzBTJ.jpg

Last edited:

thesoup

Arcane
The past two days have been really dark for us. We lost JarlFrank and kingcomrade. We tamed another raptor to replace JarlFrank and called her SMA, but she died 10 minutes later. Right now we're dinoless and I got griefed while taming a ptero and I lost a ton of good stuff.
But we will endure and in enduring grow strong. We were also joined by Hoaxmetal and hopefully CreamyBlood if he can sort out whatever stops him from connecting. The codexian odyssey continues.

raw when are you back? hoax and craemy need invites

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I really enjoyed this game but the balance is a bit shit. It's way too easy to grief the shit AI while people are offline and the bottle neck of progression being tied to 3 caves is a little lackluster.

Looking forward to see where this game goes in the next few months and years.
Very fun to dick around with every 10 patches or so with friends to see whats new.

thesoup

Arcane
It didn't even take 24h hours and I was disposed of. The King is dead long live the King. I'll be back next week thesoup.
Well things have changed. We are on a private server now. You'll get the details when you come back.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks like a shitty minecraft-Haven&Hearth mix. I'd rather stay with H&H though, specially since H&H2 gets released today.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
0D2CB970F270FBD537383BE9CBF8085F341E417C

Now The Church Of Our Holy Mother Raw MercyMeat

Thanks to my godlike powers, evdk did a short excursion to the Olymp.
3163A301A9256C97E9A3367CE316066FFB5005C3

The bastards from the Tribe of Friendship (or something) violated our NAP and we rased their pitiful base to the ground.
F9C3B56E31D9E887783543D87C1CF2913AAD9987

Meanwhile, Menckenstein reinforced our Tribe.
8EDDE5201EF8C8D39A9CFC65AAE76E2328811077

Our base is rapidly expanding. To the left we have the aviarium and to the right is evdk's boudoir (who is pretty shit at wiring so only his house gets electric light - this has been fixed by Bruticis and his arguably superior wiring skills)
856A4BD9826DAFA3B8CB43E465C0A968691ACB4B

6C0D09AFCCCC9DCCF99459DE67DE92EB4E444DB5

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game is quite fun, but I'll probably not play it until I get a new laptop one day (maybe the game will be finished at the time too? I'm not upgrading any time soon), because playing on minimum settings in low resolution (should run better, bad optimization?) is... very prosperous. Doesn't take away from the gameplay, but... I guess I'd rather leave it for better times.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It's ok guys, the resources used to make the DLC appeared out of thin air and couldn't have been used to finish the base game for mysterious reasons. So really there's nothing wrong with this at all.

I like how the original post is well organized while the dev response is some haphazard rage post

Planned Core Features include, among many other things:

- Mac and Linux versions
- Procedurally Generated ARK's
- 40+ more creatures to reach well over 100, with essentially every major category of extinct animal represented in some way
- More saddle types including saddle armor tiers and saddles with powerful weapons mounted on them
- Gas-powered Vehicles
- Human/Dino Body-Paints
- Enhanced building mechanics to evolve ARK into one of the best straight-up builder games out there
- More underwater biome/ecosystem complexity, including support for vacuum-sealed underwater bases
- Lots more items, weapons, armors and further advanced tech tiers
- More item skins, limited run event skins
- More bosses and the end-game cycle including the Ultimate Life Form & Ascension
- More biome types, including deserts, snow regions, swamps, and more.
- Steam Economy Support for Statistical Items (Need some Steam API functionality for this from Valve!)
- Way more plants and more detailed plant biology systems/farming systems
- More statistical modelling of status illnesses/diseases (both player and creature)
- Better SFX, more Music, Better UI's, Better Gamepad support (i.e. UI button shortcut callouts), Better VR support (i.e. HMD gun-aim option)

In addition to zillions of bug fixes, intensive performance improvements, mega iterative polishing, and what have you. The game will sparkle like a shiny diamond before it is considered ready for Full Release, and even then we plan on a long-term post-Release content lifecycle, with specialized ARK's on the drawing board.”
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“Everything described on the full Features List is in the Early Access version right now -- not all 100% polished, but designed to be fun. Over the next year, the game will be rapidly iterated on with updates usually coming 3 times per week, almost always including new features, balance and polish improvements, and bug fixes. We are extremely fast at development, and will continue to push forward with maximum energy to make the game ever-greater on a daily basis. We live and breath game development, this is what we do.”

Nothing to see here guys, they've kept all their promises already, nobody deserves a game with procedurally generated maps with over 100 creatures, underwater bases, weaponized saddles or gas powered vehicles. Entitled scumbags making unreasonable demands, jesus. Game was fully released in june 2016 right on schedule, now buy the DLC that has all new features never before promised.

Mortmal

Arcane
Paid DLC for an Early Access game and people are apparently fine with it.

What times we live in.
its a top seller, to tell how people are desesperate. Anything a bit remotely fun goes on top sales immediately, even rushed , bugged and unfinished.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
Paid DLC for an Early Access game and people are apparently fine with it.

What times we live in.
its a top seller, to tell how people are desesperate. Anything a bit remotely fun goes on top sales immediately, even rushed , bugged and unfinished.
Pretty much. Games these days are either trivial, bad and/or undesireable rehashes of old games of yore or plain bad. The best games today are those that offer some sort of interesting gameplay - even if miniscule - and consequently end up as bug-ridden chronically underfunded perpetual EA mess. Creativity has left game development when it turned industry and the industry is kept on life-support through the Moloch Steam.

Mortmal

Arcane
I spent 600 hours on ark .. But i was with friends. So the logic thing should be i rush to buy that expansion, however i dont .Many people i know stopped cause of various reasons, last one was cause of a super high level with min maxed stats ptera going through the floor and vanishing forever.Another big problem for me is the decay time, you cant play that alone even in pve, 7 days oflfline and all your dinos are claimable.As for pvp its still possible to wipe out someones base when they are offline . its bound to happen, people ends up with two much C4 , dinos and time with nothing else to do.Ah and dont get me started on the optimization.. i am still waiting for the dx12 upgrade.

Still it was much more worth playing than the sea of shit and shovelwares steam try to sell me.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
There's other decent stuff out there, it just hasn't gotten the lucky marketing breaks like Ark did. Battle Brothers is shaping up quite nicely, Starsector as well. It's a shame to see Ark go this way though, I think it really was the best of the first person multiplayer survival youtube bait games. Had some cool features and promised a lot more. I doubt we'll ever see half of those features though now that the devs have become ok with just selling off content piecemeal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom