Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Warfare: World of Tanks formerly from Obsidian

Duraframe300

Arcane
Does this directly influence development of Eternity, or other rpgs they are working on? No? Then why the hell cry out like this? Whats the point?
They aren't working on other RPG's. That's the point.

They are.

Second Kickstarter, One Unannounced Project and currently pitching future games.
I thought THIS was the 'unannounced project'? As for pitching future RPG's, they've been doing that since New Vegas and that hasn't turned out anything.

Well, we have a new one as of february 2012. Might as well be Stick of Truth DLC but you know. And how Obsidian talks that might not be the case.

Athelas

Arcane
By the way, the funniest thing about all this is that my Web Of Trust Firefox plugin gives the Armored Warfare website an 'unsatisfactory' rating. Russian mobsters indeed... :lol:

Dieithrio

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
How can you define "next-gen" a fucking russian f2p mmo tank game? This is a horrible joke, Obsidian.

Announce the real thing now, please.

:butthurt:

Angthoron

Arcane
Might actually check it out. Will probably hate it, but hey, some things seemed interesting enough to warrant a download. It's prolly an F2P shit model though, pay for everything sort.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
this makes me really appreciate Kickstarter, though.
all praise Kickstarter.

Copper

Savant
Well, now we know why Nathan Grayson thought he (and the fans) deserved an apology...

Early one morning
With time to lose
I went on the Codex
To read up the news

I saw an announcement
OE's latest game
I clicked it excited
Did not read the name

My browser loaded
My heart almost stopped
I couldn't believe it
Was frozen in shock

A World of Tanks clone
I wish I was dead

I hung my head
I hung my head

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Shame. Girls und Panzer RPG could have been a blockbuster.

1097731-20130707-J8AWgJ.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
Armoured Warfare, a new RPG from Obsidian, lead your company of tanks in victory against evil general Avellone. Know your heroes well, meet the tough T-72, he is a dark brooding veteran russian hero that suffer from the trauma of other campaigns and has a dark past, Leopard 2 meet the German efficiency, he likes everything on time and is a professional he has a rivalry with the T-72 they fought over AMX-56, a french tank lady that died and they blame each other. M1A1 Abrams is the american cowboy of the group that thinks that is better than everybody else.

Manage the rivalries between your tanks, listen to their personal stories, hardships and learn about their past in this RPG by Obsidian. Pre order now this game that shows the legendary Obsidian writing skills on a epic story never seen before.

aratuk

Cipher
Maybe the US will go to war with Russia over the whole Crimea thing, or at least trade will stop between the two, and it will become impossible to make this game.

It could happen. Right?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
ABSURDIAN

It's delightful how so many of you were excited about a cryengine3 Obsidian game and it turns out to be a f2p MMO. Obsidian's next-gen console career is over, as I've stated before, because they just can't compete. This is ultimately a good thing.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Duraframe300

Arcane
ABSURDIAN

It's delightful how so many of you were excited about a cryengine3 Obsidian game and it turns out to be a f2p MMO. Obsidian's next-gen console career is over, as I've stated before, because they just can't compete. This is ultimately a good thing.

Ehhhhhhhhhh, arguably.

Remember this is the work they took after losing 1/3 of their personel. Their next publisher project will be the judge.

Delbaeth

Learned
South Park, F2P MMORPG, and now this. What a beautiful path to AAA, isn't it?
Let see, what will we have next?
Angry Birds RPG? Oh wait... OE doesn't develop it.
F2P modern warfare FPS?
F2P card game?

I have nothing against specialized studios trying something else. Daedalic can try Blackguards. King Arts can try Battle Worlds Kronos. Paradox Development Studios can try Runemaster. Hey we had Westwood Studios with Dune II.
But the F2P thing? Come on.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Early one morning
With time to lose
I went on the Codex
To read up the news

I saw an announcement
OE's latest game
I clicked it excited
Did not read the name

My browser loaded
My heart almost stopped
I couldn't believe it
Was frozen in shock

A World of Tanks clone
I wish I was dead

I hung my head
I hung my head

Really clever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom