Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News ATOM RPG: Trudograd releasing on September 13th

Murk

Arcane
Hell yes.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Can somebody briefly explain the story hook of this vs ATOM vanilla? without spoilers please. I wanna try the game, but before spending money, i want to know if its somerthing for me.

Story and combat are important things to me, and ATOM was lacking abit in that regard.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Can somebody briefly explain the story hook of this vs ATOM vanilla? without spoilers please.
ATOM's story was about your character investigating a cult that worships sentient mushrooms and wants to merge all of the humanity together into one mycelium network. In the very end of the game you find out that in a few years the Earth is gonna be destroyed by an asteroid, and the evil cult was trying to "save" humanity.

Unlike Atom (where you were travelling through an empty wasteland between remote locations), Trudograd is an entirely urban RPG - basically Planescape's Sigil + Arcanum's Tarant. Your character (the same one from Atom) travels to a city named Trudograd is search of a railgun - a prewar weapon that can be used to destroy an asteroid before it hits the Earth.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Nix, he didn't tell you anything about how John Carpenter's the Thing is amok, nor about the ex writer turned wastelander or any of the real important shit.

Last edited:

Luka-boy

Arcane
I like the devs' self-imposed challenge of naming the game like that.

Now they are pressured to make a good game just so people don't call it turdograd.

Godspeed, fair Slavs :salute:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Can somebody briefly explain the story hook of this vs ATOM vanilla? without spoilers please. I wanna try the game, but before spending money, i want to know if its somerthing for me.

Story and combat are important things to me, and ATOM was lacking abit in that regard.
What Wunderbar wrote, and since all of this exposition is given away in the Trudograd opening event, I wouldn't say these are spoilers. ATOM was specifically designed with a very simple looking main plot, and complex and\or marginally interesting and involving stuff is hidden in plain sight. I'll provide an shounen anime example: you can play through something like Dark Souls and think that it's a game about a zombie knocking out weird monsters on random locations for barely any rhyme or reason to burn itself in the end for some barely mentioned goal, or you can study items, random statues, NPC names and 100.000 hours worth of lore videos to find out how everything actually connects and what it all actually means, which in turn will present this weird, convoluted mess of a world as a real place filled with history, political intrigue, clashing world views, etc. While not at all like Dark Souls (mainly because DS is enjoyable even to those who don't care to read and explore and also because we're an RPG), we use the same principle, even more so in Trudograd where paying attention and doing hidden convoluted quest chains might just shine light on a meta story so much bigger than petty poor gopniks vs. rich gopniks vs. need to get railgun struggle. One of the very few things I'm really proud of, actually! For better or for worse, Atom & Turdograd have very plain surface narratives made to be excuses for all the action, quests and fun stuff you get to do as you slack off from completing story missions like in Morrowind, then there's a deeper layer, looming deep below!!!!!!!! But it's not as lame and pompous as I seem to put it. It's pretty nifty
Combat also improved
I like the devs' self-imposed challenge of naming the game like that.

Now they are pressured to make a good game just so people don't call it turdograd.

Godspeed, fair Slavs :salute:
When English isn't your first language you just don't see things like Turdograd in the word Trudograd until you're several months into development and someone on Codex points it out :DD I had a real eurica moment in Spring when someone first changed up the letters like that. I dunno it's pretty funny though. Let it be as it is.
Looking forward to it
Thank you kind sir!

Congrats on releasing ahead of schedule (unless I missed something)! I was expecting the release date to be on october, and from what I have played on Early Access, next week can't come soon enough!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Congrats on releasing ahead of schedule (unless I missed something)! I was expecting the release date to be on october, and from what I have played on Early Access, next week can't come soon enough!
Thank you! Nah, we meant October like the final borderline for release. Like anytime from September to October. And since we can't locate anything game breaking and all of what we wanted is already in 1.0, why not, as good a time as any. There's only so far you can get playtesting as 11 people.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Thank you! Nah, we meant October like the final borderline for release. Like anytime from September to October. And since we can't locate anything game breaking and all of what we wanted is already in 1.0, why not, as good a time as any. There's only so far you can get playtesting as 11 people.

I still believe it was Putins release gaem nau vs gulag

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Atomboy Is it possible to finish Trudograd without killing anyone, just like in ATOM?
It's doable. If you REALLY try, there's only two obligatory encounters in the game's main quest, and these can be solved peacefully via a dialogue check. But it's not something obvious, just like in Atom, and you'll have to constantly escape random encounters, folks you wronged, etc or make your party fight for you.

Unwanted

CancerUnlimited

Unwanted
Is this game full of inconsequential npcs with meta dialog and easter eggs and jokes? Like the first one.

Unwanted

CancerUnlimited

Unwanted
Ok. Might try it then. Really liked the first game (except for what I mentioned about dialog, and the perk system).

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Atomboy Will there be some summary of our deeds from the main game when we import to Trudogard?

I played it quite some time back, and don't fully recall the story (and what I did).

Alzheimer, i know, I know :negative:

Inconceivable

Learned
Atomboy Will there be some summary of our deeds from the main game when we import to Trudogard?

I played it quite some time back, and don't fully recall the story (and what I did).

Alzheimer, i know, I know :negative:

Let me give you the run down. It's Fallout, but everyone is Russian for some reason, and the world sucks, but Scientology comes along and saves the world by cooking warm mushroom soup for everyone.

All hail the shroom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom