Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Litmanen

Educated
Hi guys, I'm playing Trudograd right now. I'm still wandering in the quarters of the city (I haven't choose a faction yet, either) and I'm doing a lot of side quest.

I have one question: there is any level cap?

Jack Slash

Literate
Hi guys, I'm playing Trudograd right now. I'm still wandering in the quarters of the city (I haven't choose a faction yet, either) and I'm doing a lot of side quest.

I have one question: there is any level cap?
None that I know of. The max skill levels are capped, but the character level shouldn't be.

Litmanen

Educated
Oh my god, I really like this game but the amount of random encounter fights is insane. I have 90 in Survival but I think I have to raise it to 150!

Jack Slash

Literate
90 would've been fine in the original ATOM, but Trudograd definitely demands more. I think I had it slightly higher than 200 in my last playthrough, and it felt pretty comfortable, with 85%+ chance of avoiding even the toughest fights.

Litmanen

Educated
90 would've been fine in the original ATOM, but Trudograd definitely demands more. I think I had it slightly higher than 200 in my last playthrough, and it felt pretty comfortable, with 85%+ chance of avoiding even the toughest fights.
Yeah, thing is: I don't want to avoid any single battle, but damn, at the moment I only have 35% chance, more or less and there are moment I have 3 encounters in a 3 quartiers span distance.

Litmanen

Educated
ANother stupid question: I have a martial art build (+ melee weapons), so really close combat only (plus, at moment, I have Hexogen and Blaze as companion from middle/high range).

I have, at the moment, a dodge of 21. What I would like to know and never understood:

is it better to have dodge 21 and not to use any shield or maybe is better to have dodge at 6/11 but to have a good shield?

Jack Slash

Literate
Yeah, thing is: I don't want to avoid any single battle, but damn, at the moment I only have 35% chance, more or less and there are moment I have 3 encounters in a 3 quartiers span distance.

Can't you still take the fight even if your survival is high? I think there is an option around every encounter to either avoid it or to fight through. The high survival does not negate the encounters - it simply raises your chances to resolve them peacefully.

ANother stupid question: I have a martial art build (+ melee weapons), so really close combat only (plus, at moment, I have Hexogen and Blaze as companion from middle/high range).

I have, at the moment, a dodge of 21. What I would like to know and never understood:

is it better to have dodge 21 and not to use any shield or maybe is better to have dodge at 6/11 but to have a good shield?

I can't say what is strictly better - both should be good at high enough values. But I remember that there was a skill in the Endurance tree that negated maluses from shield and armour - I always took it for my melee playthroughs.

CoronerZg

Augur
So, anyone knows of some uber difficulty mod? Is there any yet? In the second half of first Atom game I started getting bored,
because I was so op that all the cool and scary places just felt like a theme park. For that reason I never even started with Trudograd.

Litmanen

Educated
Can't you still take the fight even if your survival is high? I think there is an option around every encounter to either avoid it or to fight through. The high survival does not negate the encounters - it simply raises your chances to resolve them peacefully.
Absolutely right, indeed sometimes I accept directly to fight. But there are moments where I don't want or maybe I'm in a bad health and want to come back to the hotel in the Outskirts and you have 4 encounters between the Docks and the hotel. Then, yes, you can avoid them or attack, but they are a lot.

Before the end of the game, I think I will have exterminate hundreds of local gangs, group of addicted and "suspicious soldiers groups". That's a bit unrealistic.

For the rest, the game is really nice and has several improvement in respect of ATOM (only the crafting system seems a little bit useless, at the moment, and doesn't seem you can learn new recipes)
I can't say what is strictly better - both should be good at high enough values. But I remember that there was a skill in the Endurance tree that negated maluses from shield and armour - I always took it for my melee playthroughs.
Took them. Maybe a log with all the rolls and counts during fights would have been more explicative.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, anyone knows of some uber difficulty mod? Is there any yet? In the second half of first Atom game I started getting bored,
because I was so op that all the cool and scary places just felt like a theme park. For that reason I never even started with Trudograd.

You think ATOM RPG was bad? Wait until you get the power armor in Trudograd. You'll feel like you're playing a visual novel.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Beside that encounter in playground in Dead City and prices - there was not much challenge in ATOM.

Jack Slash

Literate
Beside that encounter in playground in Dead City and prices - there was not much challenge in ATOM.
I think the biggest challenge was in the form of random encounters if you played in the Iron Man mode. Even if you stacked armour and health to the max, any late-game encounter with high-level slavers could end your run due to unlucky crits. For the same reason, Iron Man players were very careful with breaking the law to avoid the bounty hunter squads sent after them - those are the hardest enemies in the game and they could end you easily.

But outside of Iron Man, yeah - it's mostly just the Dead City and the unavoidable forest ambush by the bandits that made people stumble.

CoronerZg

Augur

You think ATOM RPG was bad? Wait until you get the power armor in Trudograd. You'll feel like you're playing a visual novel.
Yeah, I've heard. It's a real shame... and as I've said, that's the reason I never even started playing Trudograd.

For the same reason, Iron Man players were very careful with breaking the law to avoid the bounty hunter squads sent after them - those are the hardest enemies in the game and they could end you easily.
That was my favorite encounter in the game... it was like "Whoa! Finally! A fucking challenge!". I was doing a solo run with my doggo
and had to reload like 5-6 times until I survived. And the last guy took out my mutt, so I had to reload yet again. It was great.
I think the game devs very often underestimate the need for proper challenge and feeling of accomplishment it gives you.
Game has no point if you can't lose.

But then again, when I read some of the negative reviews from the first Atom game:
I really hate to give this game a bad review, but a game shouldn't have to be so complicated to get into.
It's one of those titles that if you create a bad character you end up way under powered and struggle
with everything. I hate having to refer to build guides and strategy tips just to get going. Also, dealing
with hunger all the time just detracts from the fun without really adding anything. It's constant and
almost feels like it's there just to annoy you. Oh well, maybe I'm just not up to the challenge but
maybe developers should be more forgiving as well.
AtomTeam really listened. So now in Trudograd, we have the snowflake difficulty and people love it.
I'm just not the target audience anymore and that's fine. Still glad they are successful.

Litmanen

Educated
Hi guys, just one question. Now I'm almost at the end of the game but....

Crafting... how does you acquire new recipes? I have the same 10-ish since the beginning of the game. I have given Hexogen the task to craft and he has more then 150

Litmanen

Educated
Just finished, very nice game. I don't know if it's overall better than A.T.O.M. + Dead City.

The main-main-story is a little bit weak, to be honest. Faction-related (the revolutionaries) quests way better than the the rest.
A lot of items that had a sense in A.T.O.M. have no use in this.

Anyway, a very good experience that gives me hope for Swordhaven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom