Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

Nah quest and monsters are the same per their area.

It's pretty much Diablo 2 improved in many ways but with a cartoonish style, like it or not.
Fitting given that D2 was pretty much the only game I genuinely regretted buying (then I bought it bundled with LoD in some shit, but that's later and only because we didn't have anything to coop with some friends apart from running Unreal and custom mappacks *again*, so it's another story).

You mean because a lot of people from Blizzard North are working on it?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Let's see what you will say in some years or when forced offline for some time - I, for one, am perfectly happy that I can play D1 anywhere I please 15 years after its release and foresee being equally happy about it in another 15 years.

Many things seem fun at first until you find out that you're not allowed to opt out.

Now enjoy :mhd: up your ass.

Doom and gloom is nice, and there is even a profitable market for those who can take advantage of it, but it's still irrational. At this point it is rather hard to see what's coming though I do not see Blizzard closing servers anytime soon, especially when you see their older games like Warcraft 2 or even Diablo still being supported on B.net. I might be proven wrong, and you right, but so far I don't see it happening. I decided to buy D3 fully aware of the conditions necessary to play it, and so far feel no regret or insecurity over it.

Also weirdly enough, I prefer when you talk of cocks and ass than when AM does, though it's still a subject I'd rather discuss with SMA.

Gregz

Arcane
Cease looking at it like on an RPG. Look at it like on a overpriced, DRM-infestend hack&slash with no message whatsoever - just (admittedly, very enjoyable) action, hacking and slashing.

Personally, I have no idea what they spent on all those money and years of development on... And the price hardly warrants the purchase. No, it's not good enough to purchase it for $60. If it were sold for $20 - like Torchlight 2 will be, then maybe I could recommend buying it. As it is, from what I have seen it's better to invest in Torchlight 2 or wait for the Path of Exile.

What I fear is at lvl 70+ or w/e you'll be forced to group (just like in WoW) in order to progress through more difficult content. Then people will take the well geared lvl 70 wizard (the rich kid who used RMAH) over your legit lvl 70 wizard. If you can solo through the entire game, including the highest difficultly boss, then it's not an issue...but I haven't read anything that indicates this is possible or encouraged by design. Everything I've seen suggests that as you escalate in levels/difficulty you're going to need to use the RMAH to be competitive enough to find a group to do high-level content.

If I'm wrong on this specific point, please correct me.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Hahaha, lads!! I've just got my first Error 3003 message - which persists! :D

So much fun! This is really the last game from Blizzard I bought.

Edit: Oh, now it's its older brother - error 37. Some progress. :x

Edit2: Error 33 - Down for maintenance. Who could have expected that?

Mrowak

Arcane
Cease looking at it like on an RPG. Look at it like on a overpriced, DRM-infestend hack&slash with no message whatsoever - just (admittedly, very enjoyable) action, hacking and slashing.

Personally, I have no idea what they spent on all those money and years of development on... And the price hardly warrants the purchase. No, it's not good enough to purchase it for $60. If it were sold for $20 - like Torchlight 2 will be, then maybe I could recommend buying it. As it is, from what I have seen it's better to invest in Torchlight 2 or wait for the Path of Exile.

What I fear is at lvl 70+ or w/e you'll be forced to group (just like in WoW) in order to progress through more difficult content. Then people will take the well geared lvl 70 wizard (the rich kid who used RMAH) over your legit lvl 70 wizard. If you can solo through the entire game, including to highest difficultly boss, then it's not an issue...but I haven't read anything that indicates this is possible or encouraged by design. Everything I've seen suggests that as you escalate in levels/difficulty you're going to need to use the RMAH to be competitive enough to find a group to do high-level content.

I can't tell you brah - I am only in act 2, and the game is doing what it can to prevent me from progressing on.

Stabwound

Arcane
What I fear is at lvl 70+ or w/e you'll be forced to group (just like in WoW) in order to progress through more difficult content. Then people will take the well geared lvl 70 wizard (the rich kid who used RMAH) over your legit lvl 70 wizard. If you can solo through the entire game, including the highest difficultly boss, then it's not an issue...but I haven't read anything that indicates this is possible or encouraged by design. Everything I've seen suggests that as you escalate in levels/difficulty you're going to need to use the RMAH to be competitive enough to find a group to do high-level content.

Someone has already completed the entire game, through Inferno, solo. And that was like 4 days after the game was released.

Mrowak

Arcane
Hahaha, lads!! I've just got my first Error 3003 message - which persists! :D

So much fun! This is really the last game from Blizzard I bought.

Edit: Oh, now it's its older brother - error 37. Some progress. :x

Edit2: Error 33 - Down for maintenance. Who could have expected that?

Are you in Eurofagistan? It's been like that for at least six hours. All EU servers are down with no communication from blizz :)

Awesome! That's why I buy games for! To stare at error boxes!! :)

Someone has already completed the entire game, through Inferno, solo. And that was like 4 days after the game was released.

But it sounds like classes are really imbalanced in this regard (I wouldn't doubt it, being Blizzard). Now when Blizzard nerfs something a lot of people playing that class will start buying more gear. Blizzard can then pretend they are the nicest company ever for "balancing" their game and making more money.

I'm sure everything is soloable though, just for varying tolerances of item grind.

DakaSha

Arcane
Release Day:
All my retarded facebook friends: BEST GAME EVA

Now:
Untitled-1.jpg

Mrowak

Arcane
^ Same here.

I played a little bit on Asian servers with a new class - cause, you know, my wizard is stored on European servers we don't have access to.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
At least people would be motivated to create a pirate server.

DIABLO 3 ERROR 33 UPGRADE TO ERROR 3003!
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Okay guys start complaining about error 3003...
It looks like Battlenet users have a sense of humor.​

flushfire

Augur
5) The sidekick characters you get are fucking infuriating.
They are actually more tolerable than the PC, at least from my experience playing as witch doctor. for example:
Player: Did you have any friends at your order?
Templar: Our order is based on brotherhood. Our bonds are stronger than mere friendship.
Player: Ah, so no friends, then. Well you have one now!

:ouch:

anyway, gameplay-wise they are a big improvement over D2's mercenaries no doubt.

abija

Prophet
That's gonna be fixed soon and don't judge the difficulty from it.
Inferno is soul crushing. Act 1 is the expected jump in difficulty, game becomes really hard but you can move forward. Act 2 basically offers you 2 choices to play comfortable: farm Act 1 a LOT or hit the RMAH. Next acts most likely follow the same pattern.
Atm only the wonder classes DH and Sorc can somewhat "play" past act 1 in inferno, DH by killing without getting hit and Sorc by exploiting that armor buff (funny how a certain "journalist' here called them underpowered).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom