Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's useful for showing that Leoric's family has zero luck. Leoric - almost possessed by Diablo, Albrecht - possessed by Diablo, Aidan - possessed by Diablo, Leah - possessed by everyone (the whore!). Are there any other family members?

Black

Arcane
It's useful for showing that Leoric's family has zero luck. Leoric - almost possessed by Diablo, Albrecht - possessed by Diablo, Aidan - possessed by Diablo, Leah - possessed by everyone (the whore!). Are there any other family members?
Leoric kind of forced his wife to... give him a head.

CrazyLoon

Prophet
So considering diablo is now a woman.

How long before someone draws an erotic diablo comic?
763.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
-if you really need to know LEah is actually the son of the main character from diablo 1, who is actually the son of king leoric (what a pointless retcon) and adria, the merchant from diablo 1 is evil and uses her as a receptacle for diablo. Much of the game plot revolves around collecting demons souls that get absorbed by diablo in the BIG TWIST- making him the most powerful being ever! What a cool plot for 13 years old, I'm sure I would have loved it 12 years ago

:retarded:

Are you shitting me? What the fuck man
This - dafuq am i reading

Inclin'd.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
-if you really need to know LEah is actually the son of the main character from diablo 1, who is actually the son of king leoric (what a pointless retcon) and adria, the merchant from diablo 1 is evil and uses her as a receptacle for diablo. Much of the game plot revolves around collecting demons souls that get absorbed by diablo in the BIG TWIST- making him the most powerful being ever! What a cool plot for 13 years old, I'm sure I would have loved it 12 years ago

:retarded:

Are you shitting me? What the fuck man
This - dafuq am i reading

Believe me... That alone isn't so bad in comparison with how it actually is delivered. Imagine that each and every line of dialogues in Diablo 3 is take straight from this animated piece:

Scroll to 00:40 (Codex doesn't like time-tags). Yes, the dialogues, the tone and character behaviour are EXACTLY on this level.

Oh fuck it! Just watch the ending cinematic:

[media]

The "mutilated shitarse waste of excrements born from most pervated excuse of an ant-brain" does not even remotely describe the derpiness within.

Diablo universe is officialy dead.

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So considering diablo is now a woman.

How long before someone draws an erotic diablo comic?
I had come to the conclusion that there are multiple scenes in Diablo 3 that can be reinterpreted as some easy set up for rule34 material. Would love to list examples, but I'd rather not do such.

Mrowak

Arcane
I'm not sure which is derpier: D3's ending or ME3's?

I would say ME3 - because at least somewhere out there throughout the game, there were some good bits, which made you hope that maybe, just maybe Bioware can't screw it more.

With Diablo 3 what you saw was a natural turn of events - basically: 'Just kill it, and let's be done with it'.

But if you asked me which game was overal more derpy storywise - Diablo 3 wins, hands down.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm not sure which is derpier: D3's ending or ME3's?

I would say ME3 - because at least somewhere out there throughout the game, there were some good bits, which made you hope that maybe, just maybe Bioware can't screw it more.

With Diablo 3 what you saw was a natural turn of events - basically: 'Just kill it, and let's be done with it'.

But if you asked me which game was overal more derpy storywise - Diablo 3 wins, hands down.

...D3 has derpier storyline? Wow. Builds my anticipation for ME3 True Ending DLC.

:hero:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I think the game is much better then expected. Random events are really nice.

What i detest the most is the lack of legendaries or rather finding them. I have been running around act 1 inf up to the skeleton king 2 time with 5X stack nefalem and all i find is rares.

Seriously where the fuck are the legendaries?

Patience bro, they'll soon appear in the RMAH. :smug:

Actually what maxson say is correct. Rules have changed in D3, if you want something, just farm gold and sell your trash loot. Search the AH before logging off and after logging in. You'd score yourself a nice upgrade this way rather than hoping that stuff to randomly drop for you. 6 mil copy sold man, it's bound to have 1% of the item you need.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Diablo 3 has more of an excuse for a derpier story than Mass Effect 3 because Mass Effect prides itself in its space storyfaggy narrative whilst the Diablo series prides itself for it's fast paced isometric dungeon crawlers that even ADHD kids can crawl through.

No comparison, really.

Another Blizzard game where a vast improvement would be seen by literally removing every written word only to leave a blank space.

flushfire

Augur
Patience bro, they'll soon appear in the RMAH. :smug:
heh, if only the rmah itself would appear since its been delayed 3 times already. blizzard can't even fix the gold auction house - items/gold disappearing, ghost items, transaction lag, auctioned items not appearing in search, gems/crafting supplies disabled... can't wait for the colossal shitstorm the rmah would bring.

Shannow

Waster of Time

I really can't stand Diablo's Queen Alien/Kerrigan/zergling look.

But otherwise: D3 has a derpy story. Mostly because it tries to have a story instead of simply setting a frame for the player to kill stuff in. News at 11.

Topher

Cipher
But otherwise: D2 has a derpy story. Mostly because it tries to have a story instead of simply setting a frame for the player to kill stuff in. News at 11.

Fixed...

... but honestly was anyone expecting anything but derp?

UserNamer

Cipher
so I figured the plot is so stupid because it had to tie in all the stupid shit from the stupid movies- while I was playing I thought they were referencing some lore I overlooked in diablo 2 or something.

Diablo 3 is the game where you walk around and some random character says "there was only another human as strong as you, Uldyssian" and that's about it. OF course it's just a way of mentioning the fucking books, there is no utility plot wise in knowing that Ulysess had your same power level and managed to achieve super saiyan status. The game is full of pointless informations like this. One of the many problem of the plot and writing in my opinion.

Ps that nephalem stuff is super retarded and unnecessary

Multi-headed Cow

I don't even know what a nephalem is. When demons were talking about that I assumed they were talking about the angel dude. I just kept clicking.

Mrowak

Arcane
... but honestly was anyone expecting anything but derp?
1b5d8.jpg

It seems right on target, if you ask me.
That graph does not account for the nostalgia variable, which grows exponentially for every game backwards in time. Take that into account, and the graph is more or less constant.

Actually, you are wrong sir. Nostalgia works only with the games you haven't played for some time and believe to be more awesomest!!111 than what you have. There's no power on earth that can convince me that Diablo 1 - which I finished a month before Diablo 3 - with its simplistic plot and minimalistic characterisation but, at the very least, consistent thematic focus, is not much, much better then D3. Same story with SC1 and SC2-

This is a huge paradox of gaming - the moment companies started to employ whole teams of "writers" paid shitloads of moneyz, the story aspect went down the toilet. You've got an utter retard to fuck up something so simple as the story from Diablo 1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom