Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Australian version of Spore has been leaked -five days early

Fez

Erudite
Ouch. One of the most anticipated games around and it's out for days before release. That'll hurt. Zero day warez ahoy.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Fez said:
Ouch. One of the most anticipated games around and it's out for days before release. That'll hurt. Zero day warez ahoy.
my copy's already been shipped, others are playing their legitimate versions as well. it's not four days before release, it's four days before the online service opens.

Fez

Erudite
Ah. I see.

Also:

image000ua8.jpg

image002av5.jpg

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Just got a call from gamey-tradey place, going to pick up my copy in a few hours. Hurrah!

DemonKing

Arcane
Those pictures really make me look forward to the day my son hits his teenage years!

Alas they would probably look better with a game with a slightly less "cutsey" cover.

Can't say I'm planning to pick this up myself as the reviews I've read don't make it sound that promising unless you really liked the Sims.

Shannow

Waster of Time
thesheeep said:
Good thing I live in Berlin, could just go to the stores tomorrow ;)
Planetickets, baby. From Tegel to Schönefeld :twisted:

Ah, I mean... Spore just turned out too cutsey for me. If I had been able to build some really evil or at least real looking stuff, it'd have been a must have. Now I don't know...

Fez

Erudite
LCJr. said:
You look a lot like your avatar.

That's the guy from the FacePunch forum thread who got the game early.

Texas Red

Whiner
lol who cares

I'm not surprised that many from the Codex got hyped with such a gimmicky, childish and simple game.

Destroid

Arcane
It would have been cool if it had physics for your creatures, so size and mass were important, leverage and placement of hands/mouths etc mattered. Rather than a 100% aesthetic system plus random bits that actually make a difference.

That said, their animation system gets respect.

Fez

Erudite
http://www.n4g.com/pc/News-191595.aspx

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/show ... p?t=603042

:wink:

It's worth a look if you want the scoop on Spore. There's quite a few folk getting their hands on the game now.

Destroid said:
It would have been cool if it had physics for your creatures, so size and mass were important, leverage and placement of hands/mouths etc mattered. Rather than a 100% aesthetic system plus random bits that actually make a difference.

That said, their animation system gets respect.

I'd have preferred that system too.

Fez

Erudite
DI, from what you've said of your age you are a child. Go and enjoy the game. Have some fun, you miserable bastard.

There's nothing wrong with light entertainment or simple puzzles or arcade games as a genre.

Fez

Erudite
From what I can tell it is a series of different styled "light" games. I'm up for that, as long it is fun. I've played plenty flash games that are decent time wasters.

Bah. I bet I won't get my copy for days yet too now that I have read some of the comments from those lucky swine.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Fez said:
DI, from what you've said of your age you are a child. Go and enjoy the game. Have some fun, you miserable bastard.

There's nothing wrong with light entertainment or simple puzzles or arcade games as a genre.
Give up. DI doesn't appreciate anything which isn't "serious" or "deep". The guy has lost touch with what it means to just kick back and enjoy oneself.

His "Games should be art" rants are proof of this. Some people are just afraid of having mindless fun simply because they don't want to be thought of as un-intellectual or stupid.

you mean when you peed yourself. set fire to the kitchen and slept with your neighbours wife?

Yeah I spose but that wasnt the idea of the game

vrok

Liturgist
Gragt said:
Games are art, art is fun, games are fun.
Except Spore is fucking boring, hence Spore is neither art nor game. Even tower defense flash games own this shit in both fun and depth.

Still, congratulations to Reloaded for nailing it when it counted the most.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom