Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

Readher

Savant
To the surprise of no one, lmao.

Harthwain

Magister
its fucking over avowed-bros...
It ain't over yet. The real question is whether the project will be quietly cancelled at some point or drag on for a bunch of years before it releases. I guess it depends on how determined the Obsidian is and how much Microsoft is willing to keep backing the project.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Walked it back so as to not hurt Fearg's feelings, tsk.

Any explanation for why you deleted the tweet about Avowed? Were you mistaken?
No, I just don't want news sites and forums making a whole thing about a twitter response I dashed off on my phone while picking up bagels

People tell the truth when they're casual. :M

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
its fucking over avowed-bros...
It ain't over yet. The real question is whether the project will be quietly cancelled at some point or drag on for a bunch of years before it releases. I guess it depends on how determined the Obsidian is and how much Microsoft is willing to keep backing the project.

One has to wonder if there is anything to salvage or if its better for another functioning team to just restart development of awoved when their current project finishes. Lets say Sawyer finishes penitent In a year or so, he could then take over avowed and start mostly from scratch.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Walked it back so as to not hurt Fearg's feelings, tsk.

Didn't just walk it back. He posted that he literary just saw Avellone's tweets in passing and that's where he got it from. (Amazing journalism there)

So, nothing new under the sun. At least for us.

Edit: Hilarious as well, considering he was the one that threw Avellone to the wolves a few years back by posting these shit *interviews*, but apparently still reads his tweets.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Jason Schreier is such a fucking faggot, I hate that dude. He sounds like a faggot in video, supports gay shit in the industry like worker rights and thinks he looks cool posting a black and white photo of himself as an avatar (probably just to make himself look less fat).

happy Sunday

Duraframe300

Arcane
Jason Schreier is such a fucking faggot, I hate that dude. He sounds like a faggot in video, supports gay shit in the industry like worker rights and thinks he looks cool posting a black and white photo of himself as an avatar (probably just to make himself look less fat).

happy Sunday

No shit, I heard his voice for the first time a few years ago in an interview he did about Outer Worlds.

Wanted to punch him in his face 5 seconds in. It's not just the voice itself, he also carries an arrogant, accusing tone for no reason. Couldn't work with a guy like this tbh.

Shrimp

Arbiter
1655041783060.png
I was going to write that I was surprised to see the game didn't show up at today's event, but then I saw this post.
We're in for a mess, aren't we?

jungl

Augur
Why don't they just make it like the pillar games. You click maps to go to but its in first person. Add a fog of war like the infinity engine games when you near the edge of map so it doesnt look too bad.

RepHope

Savant
Going to have to put Sawyer on Avowed to salvage the wreck Parker turned it into. Spencer needs to get the owners out the fucking door if he expects Obsidian to actually deliver games on time.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Apparently Schreier has caused quite a bit of drama. The obligatory under-the-bus-throwing of Chris Avellone :roll::
Klobrille, a notable rumor monger/Avowed shill has been banned from Reset Era for getting really hostile over this. :lol:

And Jez the Obsidian shill claims that Parker getting replaced by Patel and going on sulk leave was "typical employee turn over"

Changed a project manager but that's typical employee turn over I was told? Also reboot is a stronger word than I would have used. Maybe he'll clarify soon.

I guess losing Null, Soulban, and Dollarhyde as the narrative lead was "typical employee turn over" as well, huh? Fearg spinning up a storm.

Quillon

Arcane
Its funny Carrie gave that GDC talk about "relaxed development" or something while the game she's directing is in this state. Wasn't the TOW DLC she directed also problematic/took way more time in development than intended?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Vague project that has been going on for years with multiple complete reworks and no noteworthy progress. This never happens in this industry and it certainly won't affect the quality of the final product.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Vague project that has been going on for years with multiple complete reworks and no noteworthy progress. This never happens in this industry and it certainly won't affect the quality of the final product.
Yes, that is true. Quite a number of projects have a very troubled, dysfunctional development and turn out to be fun games.

Of course Patel's aversion to crunch and martyrs decrease the chances of this. :M

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Seems like they bit way more than they could chew, mid-size studio has no business simultaneously working on big space RPG and another big fantasy RPG, while also having Grounded and Sawyer's "suck diz medieval nutz" dream project.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom