Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Judging by some reactions, apparently this leak hasn't reached the Codex yet, so here it goes.

One of the Origin Characters, labelled as "The kid", is apparently the child of Abdel Adrian, and also a Bhaalspawn, of course.

Whether this is s literal child or a young adult isn't known.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Judging by some reactions, apparently this leak hasn't reached the Codex yet, so here it goes.

One of the Origin Characters, labelled as "The kid", is apparently the child of Abdel Adrian, and also a Bhaalspawn, of course.

Someone posted that in a spoiler not long ago.

Codex Year of the Donut

There's three more unused origins in the files, no idea if they'll end up used or not. I think they meant to remove all references to them in the EA build but missed a file.
referred to as
Origin_TheKid
Origin_RedWizard
Origin_Sylvira

Sylvira is a rather important character from descent into avernus btw

These are unrelated to Karlach, Minsc, or Helia(AKA Den leader) btw

oh and there's one referred to as ORIGIN8, but it could be any of the above.

On a scale to 1 to bootyblasted, how butthurt does Abdel Adrian being canon make you btw?

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

There's three more unused origins in the files, no idea if they'll end up used or not. I think they meant to remove all references to them in the EA build but missed a file.
referred to as
Origin_TheKid
Origin_RedWizard
Origin_Sylvira

On a scale to 1 to bootyblasted, how butthurt does Abdel Adrian being canon make you btw?
Not really, since it's just CHARNAME with a canon race, name, gender, and alignment. That's it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

referred to as
Origin_TheKid
Origin_RedWizard
Origin_Sylvira

Abdel Adrian is canon, though. He just wasn't CHARNAME, afaik.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

referred to as
Origin_TheKid
Origin_RedWizard
Origin_Sylvira

As it stands right now it's the opposite. Abdel Adrian was CHARNAME, not that novel abomination.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

referred to as
Origin_TheKid
Origin_RedWizard
Origin_Sylvira

As it stands right now it's the opposite. Abdel Adrian was CHARNAME, not that novel abomination.

Don't be snarky, rusty_shackleford . This one is canon.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Well, since the Viconia romance is non-canon, seeing as how she's alive, Aerie is the only option for a mother.

Codex Year of the Donut

referred to as
Origin_TheKid
Origin_RedWizard
Origin_Sylvira

Don't be snarky, rusty_shackleford . This one is canon.
Abdel eating Bodhi's breast is canon and you must deal with it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Yosharian
Bodhi's whole body exploded in pain-a kind of burning agony she hadn't experienced since before she'd become a vampire. Things had pierced her flesh before, but weapons of steel or claw never hurt her. A blade had to be enchanted to make her bleed. No fist could bruise her, and no claw could rend her, but here she was, being torn apart by this thing's bare hands.

She'd tried to speak to him, to hypnotize him, to run from him, but nothing worked. The roof had been ripped off the Copper Coronet, revealing the dark, moonless sky. The thing that was once Abdel Adrian had destroyed the tavern, then turned its full attention on Bodhi. She'd even tried to tell him where to find the pieces of the Rynn Lanthorn. She'd tried admitting all her lies and manipulations. She'd even said she was sorry.

It took her leg off, and the pain was literally blinding. It ripped her arm off, and she almost passed out. She could feel cool blood drying all over her.

The creature bit into her chest, and she could feel her heart burst, and more blood exploded out everywhere. One of her breasts came off in its mouth, and she screamed. The sound was as alien in her ears as it was in her throat.

"Abdel!" she screamed, the blood that had filled her throat fountaining out with the name. "I love you… I loved you, Abdel…"

rusty_shackleford Since I can't find shit about it, care to share what system did you use exactly to "hack" the six-men party into your saves?
I'd like to give it a go with a new game. Let's call it a test run.
There was something on Nexus but I can't track it anymore for some reason.

It helps that my government just decided that my gym has to spend another full month completely closed, so I'll have loads of spare time until the end of November.

:hmmm:

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Yosharian
Bodhi's whole body exploded in pain-a kind of burning agony she hadn't experienced since before she'd become a vampire. Things had pierced her flesh before, but weapons of steel or claw never hurt her. A blade had to be enchanted to make her bleed. No fist could bruise her, and no claw could rend her, but here she was, being torn apart by this thing's bare hands.

She'd tried to speak to him, to hypnotize him, to run from him, but nothing worked. The roof had been ripped off the Copper Coronet, revealing the dark, moonless sky. The thing that was once Abdel Adrian had destroyed the tavern, then turned its full attention on Bodhi. She'd even tried to tell him where to find the pieces of the Rynn Lanthorn. She'd tried admitting all her lies and manipulations. She'd even said she was sorry.

It took her leg off, and the pain was literally blinding. It ripped her arm off, and she almost passed out. She could feel cool blood drying all over her.

The creature bit into her chest, and she could feel her heart burst, and more blood exploded out everywhere. One of her breasts came off in its mouth, and she screamed. The sound was as alien in her ears as it was in her throat.

"Abdel!" she screamed, the blood that had filled her throat fountaining out with the name. "I love you… I loved you, Abdel…"

Those are poor attempts at trolling. I've read that damned thing.

Codex Year of the Donut
rusty_shackleford Since I can't find shit about it, care to share what system did you use exactly to "hack" the six-men party into your saves?
I'd like to give it a go with a new game. Let's call it a test run.
There was something on Nexus but I can't track it anymore for some reason.

It helps that my government just decided that my gym has to spend another full month completely closed, so I'll have loads of spare time until the end of November.

:hmmm:
I edited the savefile to increase the party size but the tool warns that editing the savefile is probably broken.
The 'correct' way would probably be to edit the script files themselves and override them but I can't be assed to mod an early access game.
can't remember if I've linked this already or not, but the tool to unpack all the various larian files is here:
https://github.com/Norbyte/lslib

If anyone wants a quick rundown on how to mod the game just ask and I'll write something out. It technically doesn't support loadable mods yet like DOS1/2 does.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
But seriously - if this is true, the whole "all Bhaalspawn are dead" line goes out the window. It would also explain why it's just "the kid" - we'll be naming him/her.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Codex Year of the Donut
Speaking of which, it's rather annoying to have a story featuring illithids and no psion class. The anti-psion racism needs to end.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Speaking of which, it's rather annoying to have a story featuring illithids and no psion class. The anti-psion racism needs to end.
Never going to happen. Too confusing for the mainstream, too science fiction.

Remember what happened when Armageddon's Blade wanted to introduce a science fiction faction? They got flooded with death threats.

Codex Year of the Donut
Never going to happen. Too confusing for the mainstream, too science fiction.

Remember what happened when Armageddon's Blade wanted to introduce a science fiction faction? They got flooded with death threats.
Mindflayers are psionic though.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
How likely they’ll add some more char levels and/or big content chunks (maybe even act 2)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom