Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Pretty sure they are using their original sin engine for this and combat will be turn based.

Mortmal

Arcane
Thats a good find, hopefully the combat musics will have a bit more punch than Pillar of eternity ones.They never matched baldur's gate original composer.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Deus Ex was pitched in 1994, half a decade before The Matrix came out. I also don't see what they have in common.

Yes but he used clever words like 'zeitgeist' so he must be right
I think it's totally bullshit what he said, but hey, it wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong.

But if he is right, we are totally screwed. The only "zeitgeist" we have in gaming now are lootboxes, microtransactions, consoles and battle royale games. Like he said: "A modern equivalent would be what, Fortnite + 5th Ed D&D + Twitch stream?"

I couldn't imagine a more disastrous combination.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Deus Ex was pitched in 1994, half a decade before The Matrix came out. I also don't see what they have in common.

Felipepe is not your average dumbfuck newfag, so dont rush so much to jump to convenient conclusions.
The game released in 2000 and i would sooner guess he is talking about general reception, positive reactions and sales, rather then direct inspirations for creating the setting or the plot and so on.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yet, Pathfinder Kingmaker doesn't feel particularly souless. Nor PoE was destined to be... whatever it turned out to be solely due to the historical context where it appeared.

Zeitgeist is only relevant when talking about things that capture mainstream attention, which Kingmaker definitely did not. I know many Codexers love it (and I can't wait to play it) but I'd guess Larian have larger goals for this IP.

Yosharian

Arcane

Felipepe is not your average dumbfuck newfag, so dont rush so much to jump to convenient conclusions.
The game released in 2000 and i would sooner guess he is talking about general reception, positive reactions and sales, rather then direct inspirations for creating the setting or the plot and so on.
I'm not rushing to any conclusions, and I don't give a shit who he is. What he said doesn't make sense.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
No, what you think he said doesnt make sense. Because you rushed to conclusions that are pleasing to you.
Its not "who he is" but the fact he spent a lot of time around here and if you bothered to pay attention, knows a lot about RPGs. Properly.

Terenty

Liturgist
I dont get why there's so much hype on the internet whenever some old franchise is resurected by a completely different dev. Its like saying there's a new Nirvana album coming out only its Muse who is making it.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think in this specific case there's as much apprehension as hype. Personally I hope it's Divinity 3 and they've just been fucking with us. Still, it's certainly noteworthy either way

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom