Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ausdoerrt

Augur
With all the shitstorm, I feel like one feature is not getting the deserved attention - reactive music! The score changed according to what happened on screen, if you miss or someone dies you get some minor chords thrown in, if you crit you get a swell etc. Bloody brilliant!

If DOS 2 didn't exist, I think I'd be screaming like a cheerleader at the prom. Except I'm not. And I already feel like I have already played the game. This is gonna be fun, but I'm having a little trouble getting hype. I haven't seen a really new feature. The story's like "boarf" to me. And dialogue... are weird.
They're doing a faithful adaptation of D&D from tabletop to cRPG, is that not enough for hype these days?

DraQ

Arcane
Please just tell me that "pick" is not a typo.

Also, you are wrong, kids are playing D&D. A lot of kids get very interested in it during high school years.
And they are posting their session stories/logs about it. Usually involving how their persistent vegetative patient of a DM let them do something retardedly outrageous because they rolled for it and, hey, nat 20!
:killitwithfire::timetoburn::flamesaw:

Vatnik Wumao
List of features from Steam
WcUPIxY.png
Larian's Special Brand of Humor, every dialogue has at least two jokes in it.
:deathclaw:

Desolate Dancer

Educated
I had three siblings, yet I'm the third,
Call by my name, it won't be heard,
Ears can be clear, yet to no avail,
Looks be deceiving all the way.

Glance upon me, if only to cry,
See my body, the flayer's nigh,
Yet this skin of mine, is mine from birth,
Sacred to thee, thy game is hurt.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Damn...how disappointing. WTF is the point in calling this "Baldurs Gate 3" when it has no connection to the bhaalspawn saga or gorion's ward, it doesn't look like BG, and it doesn't play like BG? It looks like another shitty fucking Original Sin game with over the top spell vfx plastered onto fucking everything. Want to push someone? Here's some jrpg tier particle effects to go with that, because that's fucking necessary! God fucking damnit. I didn't even have my hopes up, I wasn't expecting anything out of this, yet I'm still massively disappointed and annoyed.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What I find hard to terms with is that in previous game, Larian promised

amazing origins using different chars. member it? banging lizards.
freedom and stuff. like going through island to island and mmo world.
11111 mil voiced words. well that we know how it goes
the crime system and stuff. remember the crime system? probably don't.
reactivity. member reactivity? when you kill all guards on 1st island, and nobody cares?
or how about combat, especially endgame? the endless slog against some banal high level enemies and all the prepared arenas.

The only thing going for this does not even belong to Larian (the D&D system).

if you forgot about their previous game, I think you just failed Will save against Swen's CHA.

Judging by past experience with Larian games, this one won't be worth playing beyond the starting city / chapter. Repetitive shit from there onwards.

Also, typical larian area design - corridors in the "outdoors".

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well, essentially, this game is going to be a terrible Baldur's Gate Fallout, but a fun D:OS TES with the D&D Oblivion system surgically inserted and the setting and name of BG Fallout glued on top with adhesive tape.

That's fine by me, yeah.

BG3 apologists should just admit they care naught about the genre, its history and place in the art form, and instead are content to just consume whatever some greedy cunts put out, as long as it tickles their particular fancy.

Shadenuat

Arcane
What I find hard to terms with is that in previous game, Larian promised

amazing origins using different chars. member it? banging lizards.
freedom and stuff. like going through island to island and mmo world.
11111 mil voiced words. well that we know how it goes
the crime system and stuff. remember the crime system? probably don't.
reactivity. member reactivity? when you kill all guards on 1st island, and nobody cares?
or how about combat, especially endgame? the endless slog against some banal high level enemies and all the prepared arenas.

The only thing going for this does not even belong to Larian (the D&D system).

if you forgot about their previous game, I think you just failed Will save against Swen's CHA.

Judging by past experience with Larian games, this one won't be worth playing beyond the starting city / chapter. Repetitive shit from there onwards.

Also, typical larian area design - corridors in the "outdoors".
yeah I know its just presentation but this is not what I think when I think of IE games.

IE games are sprawling gigantic hand painted screens with lotsa fog of war you slowly go through. they have a sense of scale to them. u and ur party are just bunch of ants on them.
(and now that sawyer said that they retouched areas by hand I *can* say hand painted trololo)

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
music was trash, I could not even hear battle music because it was so uninspired.

much better and memorable

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Combat looked a bit too gimmicky for my taste (push this, throw that, dip here, jump over there) and the entire thing didn't feel like BG at all, but the stealth/rogue system intrigued me and has potential. I'll probably buy this when it's 50% 75% and then forget to play it :3/5:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom