Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Reinhardt

Arcane
nooooooo! not my complex relationship thingy! how can we decide who will be top and bottom in bear fiki-fiki scene?!

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Complex relationships system lol. Literally the worst romance system in a major game ever. Work on making party companions who aren't trash first

Parabalus

Arcane
Reading through Larian forums is hilarious. So much stupid shit that went into the game and cool stuff that got cut.

Apparently Sven promised, less than a month before the release, a fully explorable Baldur's Gate with opulent upper districts and a complex relationship system with your companions lol you can't make that shit up
That stuff was extremely useless in Dumpsterfire.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
If you know a game will have "playersexual" romances you can be assured that romance system will be pure shit and most likely the party companions will be shit too. You don't care about giving the party members their own personalities and characteristics outside of satiating the desires of a handful of reddit fags and trannies

Avarize

Magister
People go and on about Astarion and Gale trying to buttfuck you constantly but the one I've had a problem with is Halsin. For example he just said to me he doesn't want to join the party for something but someone. Why would there be dialogue like that before a rejection prompt? Just because I want him in my party as a spore druid doesn't mean I want him in my ass.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
People go and on about Astarion and Gale trying to buttfuck you constantly but the one I've had a problem with is Halsin. For example he just said to me he doesn't want to join the party for something but someone. Why would there be dialogue like that before a rejection prompt? Just because I want him in my party as a spore druid doesn't mean I want him in my ass.
I got a completely out-of-the blue gay invitation from Halsin at the end of act 2 in moonrise towers. For reference, I had him as a party member exactly once for the purpose of completing a specific quest where he needs to be present. It's so ridiculous that the whole romance system has to be bugged.

Avarize

Magister
I got a completely out-of-the blue gay invitation from Halsin at the end of act 2 in moonrise towers. For reference, I had him as a party member exactly once for the purpose of completing a specific quest where he needs to be present. It's so ridiculous that the whole romance system has to be bugged.
Also the day after the act 1 finale party I had a dialogue choice with Halsin "I hope I didn't come on too strongly last night" despite only discussing the attack and plans in the Moonrise towers. You can dodge gay sex easily enough but there'll still be constant references to it. Larian assumes you want to fuck everything.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I got a completely out-of-the blue gay invitation from Halsin at the end of act 2 in moonrise towers.
Easy, he took one look at you and knew what you were

Terenty

Liturgist
Now it's clear why the game is the best reviewed of all time now, journos finally got their AAA gay simulator they've been craving all these years

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Haslin isn't a real party member. He was added last minute. He's just there for the bear sex shit. Probably Larian just trying to be more true to the lore because as I've learned from the trannies on here gay sex, animal sex, tentacle sex is one of the key components of D&D lore (probably the key component honestly.)

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I got a completely out-of-the blue gay invitation from Halsin at the end of act 2 in moonrise towers.
I haven't left the tutorial area, here is my take.
Ok.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Haslin isn't a real party member. He was added last minute. He's just there for the bear sex shit. Probably Larian just trying to be more true to the lore because as I've learned from the trannies on here gay sex, animal sex, tentacle sex is one of the key components of D&D lore (probably the key component honestly.)
Maybe they are just connoisseurs of Japanese culture :)

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Need DOS2 level mod tools to have a reasonable chance of seeing custom campaigns and stuff which would be massive incline for this game. AFAIK, what's unclear from the current interviews is whether Swen is talking about those sort of mod tools or something more basic.

janior

Arcane
Patron
I'm almost at the end of act2(I think) scared to play more cause of what I read about act 3 idk if my cpu(5600x) can handle act 3 too... feelsbad

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I'm butthurt from Halsin

Can't help you there buddy, I just spent an hour talking to everybody in my camp about important things. Great writing. Weird that your companions seems to constantly hit on you

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm butthurt from Halsin

Just learned how to long rest. Pretty cool game.
Insightful.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I'm almost at the end of act2(I think) scared to play more cause of what I read about act 3 idk if my cpu(5600x) can handle act 3 too... feelsbad
I have a worse CPU (Intel Core i5-10300H) and it's working fine for me, I wouldn't worry too much

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I actually sighted in relief when I learned that Halsin, another potential creep, was kidnapped by Orin and it might be a timed quest. She really helped me dodging a bullet here.

05dfb394ad3034a62c8c213bf23dc083.jpg

Praise Bhaal.

Last edited:

Shaki

Arbiter
Can't help you there buddy, I just spent an hour talking to everybody in my camp about important things.

I can't help but get the mental image of an overweight dude sitting in darkness and talking to his monitor, as if he was playing with dolls or smth

Vasya

Novice
One thing that I find shocking is how Larian has managed to drum into the public the idea that BG3 has created and/or reinvented role-playing games.

After talking to some people I noticed some percieved as if they were totally revolutionary concepts things like branching quest trees, interparty banter and relationships, an applied ruleset where you can see dice rolls and things like that which are the bread and butter of many many RPGs.

At one point someone whose experience in RPGs is WOW, DDO and Neverwinter Online said that hopefully this is the path that RPGs are going to follow from now as if everything made BG3 was just primitive garbage made for simple people when they have been like this for 35 years.
They've made a crpg easy and visually attractive enough for those who never played crpgs.
Optimistic prognosis would be that it will make other crpgs more popular.
Realistically though, it will just make marketing depts from other studios force devs to imitate bg3.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Can't help you there buddy, I just spent an hour talking to everybody in my camp about important things.

I can't help but get the mental image of an overweight dude sitting in darkness and talking to his monitor, as if he was playing with dolls or smth
I actually put effort into learning the story so I didn't skip any dialogue and read almost all books/notes. There is not a single instance in this game where it would take you an hour to exhaust new camp dialogue unless of course your name is Grauken so you quicksaved right before Gale buttfucked you to repeat that scene five times over. Now I understand why he's stuck at level 5 handing out clueless commentary on shit that occurs in the next act.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I hope you don't take this seriously because it's clearly trolling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom