Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
D&D Tactics for the PSP came out in 2007 and is a better D&D adaptation than NWN2, it's actually turn based and follows the rules more closely. It also gets bonus points for not being set in the Sword Coast.

After that it's just been utter dross though, it's incomprehensible why WotC let the license go to waste for so long.

Cool shit, never heard of that game. A cross between the FFT descendant SRPGs and accurate DnD rules sounds hella dope tho.

As for why WOTC let the license rot, I just think they invested heavily into mobile gaming. There are dozens of dead mobile games noone has ever heard about on the Wikipedia page for DnD games. A failed Gambit cooked up by the minds of soulless corporate drones.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
unknown.png
Game is not released. They don't even know how well BG3 would sell and yet they decided to retroactively change description of their other game...Thats rather bold if not stupid move...

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cool shit, never heard of that game. A cross between the FFT descendant SRPGs and accurate DnD rules sounds hella dope tho.
It's an incredible adaptation, with the unprecedented addition of 3.x psionics (there are both the Psion and Psychic Warrior classes), but it's painful to play. The interface is atrocious and you get almost no feedback for your actions. Controls are awful even for a PSP game... you have to select "move" from the menu every time you want to take your move action, for fuck's sake.

Harthwain

Magister
Game is not released. They don't even know how well BG3 would sell and yet they decided to retroactively change description of their other game...Thats rather bold if not stupid move...
I agree it's a laughable to change the description like so at this point in time (for the reasons you mentioned), but it's not exactly wrong statement either. Technically speaking they are the creators of Baldur's Gate 3. I am more annoyed at the spoiler they put in there.

Shrimp

Arbiter
I agree it's a laughable to change the description like so at this point in time (for the reasons you mentioned), but it's not exactly wrong statement either. Technically speaking they are the creators of Baldur's Gate 3. I am more annoyed at the spoiler they put in there.
The "challenge your companions or your friends playing as companions for divinity" premise was used to advertise the game before it even had come out so it's not like you wouldn't know what you were getting into if you were interested in picking up the game. Can it truly be considered a spoiler in that case?
Besides it just turns out to be a red herring (at least to some extend) since when you're finally at what you think is climax of the journey the device that's meant to be used to turn you into a god gets destroyed.
Sure you essentially get another shot at the same thing at the end of the game but at that point your story goal is not really to become a god/divine/whatever and rather about stopping the crew that blew up the machine[/QUOTE]

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
After that it's just been utter dross though, it's incomprehensible why WotC let the license go to waste for so long.
It's because they have been waiting all this time for the perfect developer. They didn't want to pick a bad developer that makes horrible games. In my opinion, they should have kept waiting. forever.

Unwanted

Ataraxia

Unwanted
Ontopoly,

I just came here to say that the way you rally people to your cause is very admirable!

You show so much zest and passion!

:salute::salute::salute:You serve as an inspiration to us all :salute::salute::salute:

Good luck!!!

Elex

Arbiter
Well wotc have also started an in house develpment studios.

so they have basically done a bender.

Gargaune

Magister
I can't think of a single dungeon worse than the house at the edge of time. Even Arcanum mines have more diverse encounters.

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor gets constantly shitted on, yet its first dungeon is a hundred times better than the hateot.
Does the Magma Chamber in IWD2 count? Some of the best dungeon design in Return to Dragon's Eye immediately followed by some of the very worst. And then there's NWN2's Orc Caves™ that might like a word...

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't think of a single dungeon worse than the house at the edge of time. Even Arcanum mines have more diverse encounters.

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor gets constantly shitted on, yet its first dungeon is a hundred times better than the hateot.
Does the Magma Chamber in IWD2 count? Some of the best dungeon design in Return to Dragon's Eye immediately followed by some of the very worst. And then there's NWN2's Orc Caves™ that might like a word...
SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP, we don't talk about the Magma Chamber.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP, we don't talk about the Magma Chamber.

The time loop was cool. I enjoyed the beholder fight and the concept was interesting. Probably wouldn't be too fun if I ever replay the game but for the first playthrough I'm glad it made it in. Riding a boat through lava is incline.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So in the end it wasn't an announcement of the announcement, but an announcement of the announcement of the announcement.

Nice.
yeah,real new :lol:
Those fans must be really happy about getting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I just read the Descent in Avernus campaign that this game is supposed to follow.. Isn't it just a revised version of the scenario of Siege of Dragonspear ?
And if so, what happened here ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom