Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 hate thread

Lilliput McHammersmith

If I can't autistically make dozens of builds in a relatively mechanically complex game, than I wouldn't consider it to be a particularly good RPG.
Yes Fallout is good with its C&C and story and it used to be my favorite, but tastes change.
I guess that's where we diverge.
I never claimed that D:OS2 was the greatest RPG of all time
I never said you did, I just think it's okay, not good, so when people praise it or Larian I don't get it.

Yeah and that's fair enough, and like I said, it's absolutely the weakest part of D:OS2.

I really prefer NWN1/2/PFKM as far as character building goes. KOTOR2 is pretty good as well.

Lilliput McHammersmith

NWN1/2/PFKM
Based and especially based
You're missing out by not giving Underrail a shot though.

My main beef with PFKM is that spellcasters, especially Divine spellcasters, are not as fun to play as they are in BG/NWN. I love the Druid class in BG/NWN/Pillars but it's lacking in PFKM in my opinion. Ditto for Cleric.

I am definitely going to give Underrail another shot, I just wasn't into it the times that I did try it. But I'm weird like that. I tried getting into VtMB a bunch of times, but never got into it until last night, when I booted it up and it was amazing.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I tried getting into VtMB a bunch of times, but never got into it until last night, when I booted it up and it was amazing.
I ain't one much for C&C and storyfaggotry anymore, but VtMB still holds up great.
You should give Arcanum a shot after it if you haven't played it. Game for game Troika is the GOAT dev.

Lilliput McHammersmith

I tried getting into VtMB a bunch of times, but never got into it until last night, when I booted it up and it was amazing.
I ain't one much for C&C and storyfaggotry anymore, but VtMB still holds up great.
You should give Arcanum a shot after it if you haven't played it. Game for game Troika is the GOAT dev.

Yeah Arcanum is another one that I have a hard time getting into, and it's a dumb reason overall, so I will try it again later. I hate the combat animations and sound effects. Contrasted to Fallout, where you can always tell if you missed or hit.

Ulysa

Scholar
I thought I was fine with turn based but the more I keep playing both systems, the more I conclude RTwP is the best option for tactical AND more fun.
I'm playing P:K in real time I then go watch BG3 stream and is like watching a golf game.

Your honor? The defense rests....
I was meaning to ask what kind of posts I'm allowed to write as a noober because I know you people have a system here. I guess I should go silent for 5 years at least but I was bored forgive me.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I was meaning to ask what kind of posts I'm allowed to write as a noober because I know you people have a system here. I guess I should go silent for 5 years at least but I was bored forgive me.
Just call everyone a retard or a faggot for a start and you'll do fine.
Then depending on political leanings you can go one of several different ways.

Lilliput McHammersmith

I thought I was fine with turn based but the more I keep playing both systems, the more I conclude RTwP is the best option for tactical AND more fun.
I'm playing P:K in real time I then go watch BG3 stream and is like watching a golf game.

Your honor? The defense rests....
Haha don't worry about it. Everyone here is caustic, say whatever you want.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
You can pretty much say whatever you want. Just make sure you don't take on the Larian cultists unless you're ready for them to try and silence you

Lilliput McHammersmith

I only have the one take. And it's a great take. Larian sucks and they should keep their shit to their own series so that I can happily avoid it
Hahahaha ok buddy.

Your hate-boner for Swen only makes me like him more.

(also a side note: if Larian triggers you so hard, you could just....I don’t know....not play BG3?)

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I only have the one take. And it's a great take. Larian sucks and they should keep their shit to their own series so that I can happily avoid it
Hahahaha ok buddy.

(also a side note: if Larian triggers you so hard, you could just....I don’t know....not play BG3?)
I've said this multiple times and I know you've read it because you replied to comments and threads in which I have. Not playing the game is not enough and swen-led Larian should be held accountable for desecrating the BG series

Lilliput McHammersmith

Hahahaha ok buddy.

I've said this multiple times and I know you've read it because you replied to comments and threads in which I have. Not playing the game is not enough and swen-led Larian should be held accountable for desecrating the BG series
Yeah and every time it’s just a big snooze fest because you don’t have anything to back up what you’re saying. The game isn’t even out. My point is, you can still ignore Larian if you want. You are actively choosing to be angry about them.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
You are actively choosing to be angry about them.
Of course I'm choosing to be angry. We should be angry and we are allowed to be angry
Yeah but then you say “I wish they would leave my franchises alone so I could ignore them”

You still can.
Not until they leave the franchise alone. I can't tell people about BG series and participate in the communities I use to while that passionless product exists. Hopefully when I get banned this time for spamming (because you keep quoting me) , you at least get taken out with me.

Lilliput McHammersmith

You are actively choosing to be angry about them.
Of course I'm choosing to be angry. We should be angry and we are allowed to be angry
Yeah but then you say “I wish they would leave my franchises alone so I could ignore them”

You still can.
Not until they leave the franchise alone. I can't tell people about BG series and participate in the communities I use to while that passionless product exists. Hopefully when I get banned this time for spamming (because you keep quoting me) , you at least get taken out with me.
Hahahahaha ok buddy. Keep telling yourself that.

turkishronin

Arcane

greetings, newfriend!
i wonder what you find fun in rtwp clusterfuck where everything moves all over the place
the only good thing about it is that it's faster to take on trash mobs

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

greetings, newfriend!
i wonder what you find fun in rtwp clusterfuck where everything moves all over the place
Some of us like a cluster fuck. Keeps the blood pumping and it can be fun having to discern what's happening and Keeping track of everything. Coming from an RTS background, having rpg mechanics included with the normal RTS gameplay is great. Just wish I could have more companions sometimes

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
greetings, ronin!

I don't hate TB but I find it getting stale after some time. Also, TB is immersion breaking. I always find how enemy order of attack is more or less the same.

In RTwP where everything moves keeps you on the edge and it's quite exhilarating. And faster.

Ulysa

Scholar

greetings, newfriend!
Hellou! Well for me it's 1) Your formation matters instead of who roles initiative first. So it's very cool to see your tank dealing with shit while your melee start dashing and flanking the enemies like velocirraptors and your puny casters are in the back singing. 2) It just feels so epic seeing the team doing all the things at the same time like an X-Men movie. 3) You don't have to wait for x character turn to do combos.
But yes, it is definitely more chaotic and you make unplanned mistakes, lose time, etc, so it is all very wild compared to a chess game, but well that's part of the charm.
I can still enjoy turn based though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom