Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #3: Here comes the eye candy!

'suki is not about sales, we know Beth hates Fargo with a passion. OFC they will be :butthurt: over his smaller studio making a better looking game than theirs.

They hate him so much to fuck up his Bard's Tale KS campaign by releasing a Fallout 4 trailer? It's all the rage now on internet, and overshadows BT4 KS by a huge margin...

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is that Little Rosy at the start, what a ripoff!! It's basically just a remake of Grimoire in tree dee!!! :ibelieveincleve:

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
We should incite and poke the Bethesda-Fargo rage globally, until people can't think of anything else - eventually buying both games. Win for all.

m_s0

Arcane
VioletShadow Probably a stupid question, but why does Bethesda hate Fargo?

It's more that he hates them (due to their making the development of Hunted: The Demon's Forge a hellish experience)

Sounds like an interesting story. Do you have a link ready perhaps? Else I will just google it.
Here you go:
http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=124

Speaking of which, do you like the direction Bethesda took with Fallout 3 – an open world, first person perspective, and so on?

They did a great job with it. It’s not what the hardcore audience wanted which I totally get but I give them credit. They’ve made a meaningful perk and trait system, they did a great job with the visual style, use of Pip-Boy and music. They’ve captured what Fallout universe should feel like. But it was certainly different than my approach to it.
:M

Athelas

Arcane
Have you considered bringing Tim Cain in to inXile Entertainment?

He already has his own company. We have actually spoken to him about making Wasteland 2 but he couldn’t or didn’t want to work on it the first time we approached them. We have talked to him later on about maybe doing something but it didn’t happen.
:philosoraptor:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, nice catch, I missed that interview.

Last edited:

Zetor

Arcane
Yeah yeah, shiny graphics. I'd be a lot more interested in MSPaint mockups of the UI before and during a combat round... but I also know that those wouldn't drive sales and/or get more backers.

Mightmagic

Augur
I find the whole trailer pretty strange, not because it doesn't look good, but because I don't see anything of the The Bard's Tale in there. It looked more like a successor for Stonekeep, which is a bad, bad thing imo.

And do they want us to think that combat will be some sort of isometric or third-person thing? That would just be shit. I want tons of enemies slowly whittling my party down to nothing until all I am left with is a monk with such high AC that he can't die. I'm withdrawing my pledge if they can't approximate this scenario in 2017 or whenever the feck it launches :)
Stop the troll.

Stonekeep was a good RPG game. I love it and it was a good project from brian fargo.

Haven't really read anything about this, but watching the video, is party size going to be restricted to only 4 characters? If so, that'd be pretty disappointing. If a Bard is basically mandatory, that doesn't leave a whole lot left over to work with.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Haven't really read anything about this, but watching the video, is party size going to be restricted to only 4 characters? If so, that'd be pretty disappointing. If a Bard is basically mandatory, that doesn't leave a whole lot left over to work with.

Good catch. I wasn't even paying attention to that, even though I watched the video multiple times. But maybe 2 additional slots are open for exchangeable characters.

However the more I look at it, the more I come to the conclusion that nothing in the video shown is representative of the planned game (except the visual quality). But not the 4 players, not the headbobbing, not the way enemies appear, not the amount of enemies, not the zooming out, not the placement of characters, not the combat view itself. Nothing basically.

Dehumanizer

Educated
A 4-character party (instead of 6 or 7) is a terrible idea, especially if you can't return to the guild (or some similar place) and swap characters in and out, like in the original 3 games. :(

As for the bard being mandatory, I also don't like it (it's different from having certain puzzles requiring a specific class, which all 3 games did, but you didn't have to use that class all the time...).

darthaegis

Cipher
what the hell is up with combat having you zooming out to 3rd person/iso mode? fuck that.

Mortmal

Arcane
The trailer is as cool as those Nintendo trailers back then :

Except Nintendo was including a little more real game footage at least...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I'm wondering how the hell they're going to make a game that looks like that with 2.5 million dollars.

They aren't.
I thought that Legends of Grimrock 2 had great graphics and their budget was a tiny fraction of what inXile's working with. In other words, money have nothing to do with it since it's not a sandbox world.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The-Witcher-3-feature-672x372.jpg

This trailer has the same value as this photo regarding promised graphical fidelity/power.
In my view Beth$ comes on top of being more honest in the end - what you see is what you really get, thus Fallout 4 looks underwhelming.

- Yes, but Fargo will not cater for the graphical limitations of consoles!? PC powah!!!
- Wasteland 2 for consoles soon?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
VioletShadow Probably a stupid question, but why does Bethesda hate Fargo?

It's more that he hates them (due to their making the development of Hunted: The Demon's Forge a hellish experience)

Sounds like an interesting story. Do you have a link ready perhaps? Else I will just google it.
Here you go:
http://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=124

Speaking of which, do you like the direction Bethesda took with Fallout 3 – an open world, first person perspective, and so on?

They did a great job with it. It’s not what the hardcore audience wanted which I totally get but I give them credit. They’ve made a meaningful perk and trait system, they did a great job with the visual style, use of Pip-Boy and music. They’ve captured what Fallout universe should feel like. But it was certainly different than my approach to it.
:M

Well; he's hardly going to shit on his old employers in the same industry when he might even be thinking of bringing employees over. Only a retard would take it at face value. I bet you believe what Molyneux says as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom