Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Bard's Tale IV Kickstarter Update #3: Here comes the eye candy!

Turok

Erudite
Is it wrong I gave my money to Todd Howard instead of Brian Fargo?

Why don't both?

By the way if you invest in Fallout 4 is not for Todd, he is just a mere puppet from beshespa, in other hand if you give it to Bard's Tale IV you give it directly to Brian Fargo.

Turok

Erudite
'suki is not about sales, we know Beth hates Fargo with a passion. OFC they will be :butthurt: over his smaller studio making a better looking game than theirs.

It's too weird that bethshespa release their trailer exactly when Fargo begin his campaign for Bards Tale IV...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
If they really wanted to sabotage him they'd have done it on the day it launched, no?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not much robbing going on when he made $800k day one and got all the publicity out. It was probably the gaming story of the day. He's also been promoting it for a month or so before that.

Delbaeth

Learned
ITOH, Bethesda sure hates gOg to show this "trailer" and to enable preorders at the beginning of gOg summer sales.
The original Fallout won't come back anytime soon, I believe. Maybe the day when gOg supports paid mods.

Athelas

Arcane
MCA passed the chance to be involved in (possibly lead?) a second Torment game. Tim Cain denied the opportunity to work on Wasteland 2. The old gods are dead.
Only if you assume they saw those games as the creative equivalents of PS:T and Fallout. :M And somehow I don't think they have the freedom to go work as the lead on someone else's game at another company for a few years.

Last edited:

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, when will the Codex Fundraiser begin?

Also, what of my worldly possessions can be sold to have money to pledge...
Well, it's Bard's Tale... Bone-marrow? Then, when it won't be great, I'd at
least have a good reason to bitch. I donated my bone-marrow!? And for waht!?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
ITOH, Bethesda sure hates gOg to show this "trailer" and to enable preorders at the beginning of gOg summer sales.
The original Fallout won't come back anytime soon, I believe. Maybe the day when gOg supports paid mods.
People interested in the FO4 trailer wouldn't buy many games from GOG, anyway. I haven't bought from them for years.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Just watched the trailer against my better best judgment.

13410.png

A 4 character party?

Oh my, this game will suck so much.

:M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Crooked Bee Hmmm. I propose the possibility, however remote, that Bard's Tale IV may in fact end up being one of your favorite games, by combining a Myst-like puzzle adventure game experience with dungeon crawling.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Crooked Bee Hmmm. I propose the possibility, however remote, that Bard's Tale IV may in fact end up being one of your favorite games, by combining a Myst-like puzzle adventure game experience with dungeon crawling.

A Bard's Tale game with a 4 character party ... compromising between grid and free movement ... and no first person view in combat, ain't really a Bard's Tale game.

So, I dunno. Maybe if the puzzles and riddles are particularly good, or if they can actually do wonders when it comes to combat.

Sprout

Educated
[view in combat, ain't really a Bard's Tale game.

So, I dunno. Maybe if the puzzles and riddles are particularly good, or if they can actually do wonders when it comes to combat.

Now, I know what the trailer showed. But considering the purpose was supposed to show off their new engine I wouldn't take the amount of party members as gospel.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The evil wizard's name should be Deepthroat.

Graphics are ok I suppose. Still not quite enough to make me pledge though.

Last edited:

LeStryfe79

President Spartacus
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Just watched the trailer against my better best judgment.

A 4 character party?

Oh my, this game will suck so much.

:M
It will be. Some of Bee's favorite games ever had 4 character parties anyway. Bee's gotta Bee though.

jaybirdy

Educated
BT4 isn't actually going to look like this, and their excuse will be that it wasn't actual gameplay footage, it was just to show off the engine. I am so sick of stunning pre-release footage. I expect this kind of deception from AAA devs, so it's really disappointing seeing it here.

I wish the magical things like the school of fairies passing by (with one stopping to acknowledge you) and magic mouths in the wall and using Words of Power to open sesame crumbled passages, all of it happening organically, would actually occur in BT4, but for whatever reason, things like that don't happen in games in the way portrayed here. Instead, the fairies will be off in a corner with a question mark over their heads, the magic mouth will be a cutscene ushering in some dungeon, and to open the crumbled passage, a dialogue prompt will pop up asking you if that's what you actually want to do.

mondblut

Arcane
Am I the only one who saw a jrpg combat (completely with annoying longwinded preludes) tacked upon a rollercoaster ride through prerendered* corridors? Is that Anvil of Dawn HD or something?

(sure, it's engine rendering, but when the thing is designed solely for the purpose of floating forward at cinematic pace, what difference does it make?)

VioletShadow

Sensate
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Am I the only one who saw a jrpg combat (completely with annoying longwinded preludes) tacked upon a rollercoaster ride through prerendered* corridors? Is that Anvil of Dawn HD or something?

(sure, it's engine rendering, but when the thing is designed solely for the purpose of floating forward at cinematic pace, what difference does it make?)
I didn't see any combat :hahano:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom