Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Barony - first person roguelike with Minecraft graphics

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Brought the game. Is quite interesting. After playing a lot as a human wizard and testing a bit the arcanist, decided to try the DLC's and brought the DLC's. My first reach of the final boss as an HUM WIZ. I can't wait to test CONJURER and Accursed classes.

The first time which I reached the final boss.
ii4pvSI.png

The DLC trailer

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nice try what?

Anyway, anyone here played as a Accursed? If the game doesn't spawm lots of rats and spiders, I starve to death pretty quickly as one. Even tried to use a potion of polymorth into human so I can eat regular food but doesn't work. This class is pretty hard to play but I liked it.

vtDLoS3.png

BTW, vampire hidrances are pretty strong, humans with crossbows or bows and silver bolt/arrows hit like a truck. running water can kill you in few seconds and humans hate you. But starting the game with a freaking 4th tier offensive spell + levitation is quite good.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This wasn't the final boss. I played for the first time as a conjurer and defeated him. Since he is a magic user, I recommend stacking magic reflection and resistance gear, a screenshot after him :

vVBmRvM.png

And yes, conjurer but using mostly melee since mana regens too slowly. And the citadel after him is much tougher. I got OHKilled by a Cockatrice and have no clue about ho to defeat it.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
AS a vampire wizard, I can keep spamming levitate and with hunger disabled, reach lv cap in magic and chanting before entering the dungeon.

Dungeon level zero and master in magic and chanting. I proceeded to enslave some gnomes in the mines. Quite good.

7GLTQt8.png

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Unironically a cool game with a lot of fun things you can do if you can stomach the Minecraft look.
Can't stomach games that don't let me explore at my own pace though.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Finished the game as a vampire wizard and skeleton conjurer. Now, I finally could play as a vampire conjurer. The greatest problem of skeleton is the insane slow mana regen. Also tried to play in hardcore but failed in the third floor. Hardcore was not meant to be played solo.

I will try HC again and this time exploit levitation before starting the game. HC is too hard.

reSgwcm.png

Minecraft look.

Yep. This is imo the greatest game's fault. But has a lot of replay value.

explore at my own pace though.

Disable minotaurs and you can play slowly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom