Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Battle Chess: Game of Kings

Don Peste

Arcane
mhc‏ @hervecaen
Battle Chess by Subdued Software — Kickstarter http://kck.st/IDmlxS via @kickstarter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1354795482/battle-chess

ScreenShot2.jpg

They are legit:

Is this the real Battle Chess?

Yes, this game is officially licensed.

Will This Game Be Released On Steam?

We cannot guarantee that Battle Chess will be released on Steam. For now you can join the Battle Chess Community Group on Steam to show your support.

And unlike regular chess:

Achievements
And what's best:

kicking-it-forward.png

Morkar Left

Achievements could actually work well for this type of chess game if designed well. Still, I'm not interested.

Multi-headed Cow

Queen doesn't have gigantic ass and nipples poking through her dress unlike Battle Chess Enhanced. BORING BANAL POPAMOLE DECLINED BATTLE CHESS :rpgcodex:
Speaking of weird video game erections, unf.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Achievements...for ...chess...:retarded:

Expecting further developments where moves will be decided by QTE.

Queen doesn't have gigantic ass and nipples poking through her dress unlike Battle Chess Enhanced. BORING BANAL POPAMOLE DECLINED BATTLE CHESS :rpgcodex:
Speaking of weird video game erections, unf.

Could be worse...maybe the Rook won't vore the Queen :smug:

Don Peste

Arcane
They backed Wasteland 2, so technically Interplay funded Wasteland 2 (with Bethesda gold).

I guess Fargo should back them now.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Were they dropped by Interplay?
Are people crowdfunding a publisher title?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
How the fuck can it take 100K to add multiplayer to chess?! There's no issues with synchronization or lag, it's just straight turn based 1 player sends a move, then the other until the game is over?
:retarded:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Subdued software... now that's a bad name. Fits for something related to current Interplay, though, I guess.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
but will there be 4v4 matches like in warcraft 3? i really liked warcraft 3, i wanna 4v4 mp matches.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
:necro:

Do you want a remake of Battle Chess?

Ahem: http://store.steampowered.com/app/200150/

This project is back from the dead, courtesy of Rebecca Heineman and "Olde Skuul".

It's about time!!!
19 December 2013
Olde Sküül has taken over the project and we're busy getting this game ready for release. Olde Sküül is formed by EA, Interplay, Westwood and SSI alumni and is headed by one of the people who was responsible for the original version of Battle Chess, Rebecca Heineman! Look for more postings, and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/battlechessgameofkings

“Battle Chess: Game of Kings is the return of the classic Battle Chess. We are bringing it back and into the modern day. Full 3-d, a better chess algorithm and more features for online play that we couldn't do with the original. Back then we were lucky to have 320x200, 16 colors and a 1200 baud modem at best.

We are currently in late alpha with a few more features to go and we want your feed back as we get them up and going and in yours hands. Chess itself is up and running and basic multiplayer (same screen and online)is too. Soon we will have ladders and ranking and skill based match making as well as skill challenges. As these come online we look forward to your feedback and help.

One thing for everyone to know. During Early Access Battle Chess: Game of Kings will be available at $9.99. When we go live with the full version the price will change to $19.99.”

+M

Angthoron

Arcane
I feel that the chess games haven't been taking advantage of the modern console capabilities. Sure, at inception, they were a simple game about moving pieces around, but the game always lacked narrative to keep the players immersed. That, and the way the pieces play. Why does the bishop only traverse diagonally? What if you had stats to choose how you built your army? What if your pieces had intelligent conversational options with their companions and their opponents? QTEs in intense, visceral encounters? Romance and betrayal, loyalty missions? Hell, even the most basic gear is missing from chess. I believe it is time to modernize the chess and bring them to the modern player.

racofer

Thread Incliner
  • Achievement Unlocked: The Ruy Lopez.
  • Achievement Unlocked: Sicilian defense.
  • Achievement Unlocked: The queens gambit!
  • Achievement Unlocked: The Alekhine defence.
  • Achievement Unlocked: The modern defence.
  • Achievement Unlocked: The Kings indian defence!
  • Achievement Unlocked: Kings indian attack!
  • Achievement Unlocked: The English opening!
  • Achievement Unlocked: The Dutch defence!
  • Achievement Unlocked: Stonewall Attack!
:whatho:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
The last chess game I bought was Chessmaster 10th edition a few years ago, which was a neat game since it included chess tutorials and annotated famous games. I found that almost all 3D sets were annoying to play with, so I just played on the 2D board.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom