Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Lord announced-ish

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Vault Dweller said:
metallix said:
Ive read several of their dev journals. Not a word about roleplaying. Yeh, they implemented horses well, they got some fun combat and stats and shit, but no hint as to how those stats will affect the world, also no word on the dialoogs...

I even regret posting a newspost about them on my site.
It's a HoMM clone, so what dialogues? Anyway, we are doing an interview with them, so you shall find out shortly.

Damn, when the hell did the Codex turn into a real gaming/news site? ;) Keep 'em coming though, I've enjoyed pretty much all of them so far. Hell, you pretty much even broke a story with the Laid Back gaming interview.

If this game turns out to be a HOMM or even Final Fantasy Tactics clone with some added RPGness to it than I'll be thrilled.

Atrokkus

Erudite
See, the reason why I was curious is that they were saying that rpg elements will be prominent, implying that it's not a homm clone.
Besides, VD, why would you do an interview with them if it wasn't at least half-RPG, huh? :D

FrancoTAU

Cipher
If you're liberal enough with your RPG definition than i think you can include a good chunk of some Turn based strategy games. Hell, i'd consider something like Ogre Battle, FFT, HOMM more of an RPG than something like Oblivion.

Jason

chasing a bee
"Besides, VD, why would you do an interview with them if it wasn't at least half-RPG, huh?"

It's going to be a joint Codex/TCancer interview so don't discourage him.

Jason

chasing a bee
"It must be hard to convince Developers to grant an interview when tell them you're from Tanticular Cancer."

Possibly, but maybe they think we're some cancer charity organization and want to support our valuable research. You never know.

On the other hand, one developer always mentions us as Tactical Cancer on their site. That's probably not an accident.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
metallix said:
See, the reason why I was curious is that they were saying that rpg elements will be prominent, implying that it's not a homm clone.
Besides, VD, why would you do an interview with them if it wasn't at least half-RPG, huh? :D
You never know. Their previous game isn't exactly a fully blown RPG either, yet its elements form a decent RPG core with an RTS angle. They may do the same with Battle Lord. The combat screen definitely looks tactical, so it's a good sign.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
metallix said:
Yeah, Ive already edited it a bit.
(btw, do you have an account at rpgplanet?)
This newpost, horse pictures from this newpost, and the dev journals Ley posted are from the game "Hard to be God" by Burut CT, and in this thread we are discussing the game "Battle Lord" by Katauri interactive, which have no connection to "Hard to be God".
(btw, do you have an account at rpgplanet?)
Yeah, i just registered as Gamma-Hamster. :)

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Do you understand, that you have cofused creators of Space Rangers with creators of Goldenland? :lol:

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
I watched E3 video. It's all about figting and travelling on world map, no info about rp elements and dialogs. The game still looks like HoMM 5 clone, but with more "alive" world and much better interface.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
FrancoTAU said:
It must be hard to convince Developers to grant an interview when tell them you're from Tacticular Cancer.

We slaved for fucking hours over that name, and it seems to work so shaddup.

(Okay, it was more like a drunken suggestion by me on IRC and the others thought it was a bit of a laugh and thought "why not?". And it stuck.)

Anyways...devs seem to talk to us regardless. If they want to do so despite our shitty name then they must really mean the biz. Or something.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
6 min video is now available to download. In this video there still no significant insight on rpg elements, but the game looks really great.
Teh dialogue
http://foto.rambler.ru/public/h/a/hamsterw/1/26/1-webbig.jpg
Supar strike
http://foto.rambler.ru/public/h/a/hamsterw/1/27/3-webbig.jpg

btw, ag.ru posted preview of the game
http://www.ag.ru/articles/previews/battle_lord
Now all you need is some crazy russian, who will tranaslate it.
Intersting fact - you can have wife and children in Battle lord :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom