Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BATTLETECH - turn-based mech combat from Harebrained Schemes

Fry

Arcane
If your first character isn't a space Prussian with dueling scars and "von" in his surname, you're doing it wrong.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I don't care about THEY or that most of the characters are asian, but wtf isn't blonde hair in the game? I want my pilot to look like Dolph Lundgren.

Blonde hair is a sign of weakness in this future, so obviously it has been selected out of the gene pool. :smug:

We all know it is coming in the new "Hairstyles DLC" for $5

agris

Arcane
Patron
I'm kinda wrong, there's a light-brown button that makes dark blondish hair. Still, it's insane that you can select all these other nonsense colors but bleach and platinum blonde aren't options.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The performance is atrocious for such a dog shit looking game, I get sub 30 fps on some maps on a furiously overclocked i7 and 1070ti. I just don't get it, what went in their fucking degenerate minds with leaving the game with such poor perfomance? But at least we got delusional pronouns right?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I don't care about THEY or that most of the characters are asian, but wtf isn't blonde hair in the game? I want my pilot to look like Dolph Lundgren.
Didn't you know that last of the cis-het mutant oppressors in that region of space were hunted down by decorated lance comprised of Macheteman mechs during 2840's?
They didn't speak much about that piece of lore.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The performance is atrocious for such a dog shit looking game, I get sub 30 fps on some maps on a furiously overclocked i7 and 1070ti. I just don't get it, what went in their fucking degenerate minds with leaving the game with such poor perfomance? But at least we got delusional pronouns right?
Do you even have to ask? It's a low effort engine for low effort developers, optimizing the game probably amounts for them searching for some unity tutorial for a couple of hours, then giving up and deciding to dedicate themselves to sci-fi gender diversity issues.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fuck you with a five foot dildo.

developer_flag.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh boy, reading these last couple of pages after just spending 40 euro :)

And damn, down to 62% rating on Steam. Brutal.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Oh boy, reading these last couple of pages after just spending 40 euro :)

And damn, down to 62% rating on Steam. Brutal.
I think it'll be a solid game, especially with a few tweaks.

But uhhh.. *ahem* I think you mean UP to 62%.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there a way to disable that zoomed in camera when the mech is firing of walks?

"Has a rather nasty launch bug thats overloading graphics cards, its pushing even 1080`s and 1080ti`s to 100% and walling them they until they overheat."

that shitty engine strikes again. and to think some retards around here actually defend Unity

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is there a way to disable that zoomed in camera when the mech is firing of walks?

Yes, just go to the options and select "never" for all the action cam stuff.

Game is great so far, just finished the first mission and am starting the game proper.

Bohr

Arcane
3 and half stars on GOG.
Folks there are taking requirement for Paradox account for PvP just as expected.

And the HBS dev responsible for the multiplayer servers mentioned a while back (on Discord) that they had got lan multiplayer working fine (without online sign-in), then the tie-up with Paradox happened and suddenly the official word was "we hope to be able to provide lan multiplayer later on", with everything now going through Paradox. This Paradox account thing could really hurt this game's sales.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is especially sad given that Harebrained have suffered from anti-DRM backlash before. Remember when they weren't allowed to release Shadowrun on GOG because their license with Microsoft didn't allow it?

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, the score has been trending upwards. It was actually at Mostly Negative for a short while after release.

Mark Richard

Arcane
Why would you decide to use such a game to push your inane agenda?:lol: Goddamn, these people are dumb as bricks.
How weird would it be if a game's extensive human character creator omitted the basic characteristics of its own development staff? Unless there's a reason not to (historical accuracy - there's no ruling a 9th century Norse Village as a black Viking in Expeditions: Viking), that would stick out like a sore thumb. Imagine you're a major part of the development team for XCOM 2 only to find your nationality is conspicuously absent from the list of options. You wouldn't be getting Jake Solomon a Christmas card that year.

Parabalus

Arcane
A lot of reviews point out that the game is incredibly slow, with more nonsensical pauses than nu-Xcom. Obligatory mods will fix it meme.

Mustawd

Imagine you're a major part of the development team for XCOM 2 only to find your nationality is conspicuously absent from the list of options. You wouldn't be getting Jake Solomon a Christmas card that year.

I imagine if I was a developer on Uncharted 4, or Tomb Raider or Super Mario games that there isn’t gonna be alcoholic half-mexicans who like fat bishes only to pander to me. That’s such a strange argument.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lots of enemies like that though ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom