Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best mods for Fallout Tactics?

roshan

Arcane
I've been thinking of playing Fallout Tactics again. What are the best mods for it? I think there's one that makes it a more Fallout-y open world style game?

Fargus

Arcane
I think the mod you mean is unfinished. There really aren't that many mods for this game let alone the ones i would recommend. I also used to play the game with some "overhaul\cut content" mod called Redux that i ended up deleting for having too many cringy changes to things that never needed them, so i just switched to unmodded game.

You can try this one, seems cool enough https://www.moddb.com/mods/enclave-mod

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Has anyone tried "The Sum"?
It's not a new mod, but I saw it covered on Warlockracy' youtube channel (https://youtu.be/k433iBVN8CQ?si=sjZ_s2IPq_FKbI2B), and it looks intriguing, original, if very janky.
I would wait a bit more, the dev said the next big release is in beta testing and will come out "soon".

Anyway, it's a very interesting game. The idea is to just live the life of a person in the post-apocalypse. You're not supposed to explore everything, min-max, save-scumm or anything, just accept the stories that emerge. For example, one of the playable characters is a father with a sick child. The kid wants to see the ocean, so I take him there, he dies, I decide to live the last of my days in a nearby town. The end.

Cael

Arcane
I've been thinking of playing Fallout Tactics again. What are the best mods for it? I think there's one that makes it a more Fallout-y open world style game?

Cael
I don't use mods. Just made it 1.27 (I think), and messed with the existing missions and weapons to make it more challenging for myself turn-based.

The only two mods that I have looked at is equilibrium and redux, but that was years ago. I remember that one of them (redux, I think) had an overpowered .50cal sniper rifle and I immediately skipped it. Given my style of play (stealth sniper), it would be far too unbalanced. I just took the interesting new random encounters and replaced the useless ones in the base game (things like Mir, Reaver Dance, etc.) with them. The other one is basically a revamp of all the weapons and armour, which I do myself anyway, so I never bothered.

roshan

Arcane

CHEMS

Scholar

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom