Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best mysteries in Dragon Age series which you would like to clear in Dragon Age 4

Which is your favorite mystery?

• Sandal :- Origin

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Avernus :- Experiments

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Urn of Sacred Ashes/Historicity of Andraste

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Ancient Rock Wraith/Vaterral

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unbound Demons

• Ancient Elven Gods / Solas/Mythal/Dread Wolf/Flemeth

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • The Old Gods

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Titans/Lyrium/Red Lyrium/Statue

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Maker/Black City

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Magisters Sidereal

• Lizardmen

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think he was actually one of the better written companions from the bunch of weirdos, although his father-son conflict itself wasn't very convincingly written, and it was supposed to be the main thing about him.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dorian is best bro though.
Didn't know that you have a thing for Lacrymas .
Speaking of the homobro... Got any literature reccs in the vein of Mann's Death in Venice, Lacrymas?
Venecia is really shit city lol,it constantly smell of sewage. It is no wonder that the fag died from cholera.
Just when I was thinking to petition in the site feedback forum that they remove your dumbfuck tag... :(

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Speaking of the homobro... Got any literature reccs in the vein of Mann's Death in Venice, Lacrymas?
I am not familiar with pederastic literature (except the odd Ancient Greek statements here and there), no. Or even homo literature for that matter. I don't need that much outside validation, so it was never a thing I pursued. I am more interested in romance between people who have uniquely suffered, or have extreme opposition, and can connect on multiple levels because of that.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I am not familiar with pederastic literature (except the odd Ancient Greek statements here and there), no. Or even homo literature for that matter. I don't need that much outside validation, so it was never a thing I pursued. I am more interested in romance between people who have uniquely suffered, or have extreme opposition, and can connect on multiple levels because of that.
Have a child with a woman, you will suffer enough for a lifetime of multiple-levelled-connections.

Vatnik Wumao
I am not interested in literary works about love and sexuality, but about aesthetics. Gave the example of Mann's work because "Thomas Mann published an essay, "Über die Ehe" (On Marriage), written in 1925, where he states that homoeroticism is aesthetic, while heterosexuality is prosaic" (t. Wikipedia). Can't seem to find it online though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Dorian is best bro though.
Didn't know that you have a thing for Lacrymas .
Venecia is really shit city lol,it constantly smell of sewage. It is no wonder that the fag died from cholera.
Just when I was thinking to petition in the site feedback forum that they remove your dumbfuck tag... :(
Please don't,i like it :). Also not wrong about the city lol. I take it you are local and had gotten used to the smell. Curb your butthurt mate :).

Have a child with a woman, you will suffer enough for a lifetime of multiple-levelled-connections.
But that is tasteful suffering,as it should be. Also you should have three or four more kids lol. Only one is for modern cucks and career broads.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am not interested in literary works about love and sexuality, but about aesthetics. Gave the example of Mann's work because "Thomas Mann published an essay, "Über die Ehe" (On Marriage), written in 1925, where he states that homoeroticism is aesthetic, while heterosexuality is prosaic" (t. Wikipedia). Can't seem to find it online though.
Sounds like pretentious bullshit. The fags are like a percent of the human populace,no matter what twatter derange people are saying. They can't have an effect on that shit. Most people find homoeroticism appalling on base level,only fag find it aesthetic.....because they are fags.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
James Joyce wrote that only killjoys justify love and sexuality with the Bible in one hand and the Origin of the Species in the other, stating that there is no room for pure aesthetic appreciation in that context. I guess he and Mann would've found common ground.

AwesomeButton

Patron
James Joyce wrote that only killjoys justify love and sexuality with the Bible in one hand and the Origin of the Species in the other, stating that there is no room for pure aesthetic appreciation in that context. I guess he and Mann would've found common ground.
The thing about making such statements, is that one has to become James Joyce first.

Please don't,i like it :)
I know ;)

Nah, just kidding.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Fine. How did Qunari go from stoic, inscrutable, serious warriors that would die for a point of honour, to complete fun lovin' homobros that are only in it for the good bi times. How did the darkspawn go from goblinoid horde, to weird undead things. Where did their armour and equipment come from when their items are definitely unique, but they have no identifiable manufacturing class, industry, factories or bases that would support such things. So much of the lore is so obviously glossed over of passed from one person to another with no coherence. Screw this franchise.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was always under the impression that ME made more money than DA, so you'd really think if the killed of ME after Me3 & A. they'd kill off DA after DA:I. I wonder how these decisions are getting made.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The mystery is,will biowaste live long enough for us to see nu dragon age vomit?
Well, DA4 is in the works.
It didn't stop EA from killing off all those studios.

m84cU8M.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fine. How did Qunari go from stoic, inscrutable, serious warriors that would die for a point of honour, to complete fun lovin' homobros that are only in it for the good bi times.

Iron Bull is a honeypot spy.

How did the darkspawn go from goblinoid horde, to weird undead things.

They're not undead, they just don't look like orcs anymore because Bioware got self-conscious about DA:O's generic art style (the one forced on them because their first attempt looked too different for some manager's tastes).

Vatnik Wumao
They're not undead, they just don't look like orcs anymore because Bioware got self-conscious about DA:O's generic art style (the one forced on them because their first attempt looked too different for some manager's tastes).
That generic art style worked in their favor. Darkspawn in 2 and beyond look like a bunch of inbred Marilyn Manson groupies with paint on their faces.

And don't even get me started on the change in armor design... While there were still a few decent ones in 2, there was literally ONE single good looking armor among all classes (namely the Templar one for the Warrior class) followed by maybe a few alright, but ultimately mediocre designs (Grey Warden armors) in Inquisition. :argh:

Last edited:

jac8awol

Arbiter
I remember early on in Origins you defeat your first few darkspawn on that big ass bridge, after just becoming a warden. Loot those corpses and find this different and interesting enemy weapon and armour. From that moment I was so curious to find out where it comes from, how they make it, all these sort of civilizational questions. And when you finally get down into the deep roads, where the darkspawn are being bred (converted?) I think it was in one of the expansions, there's just... nothing. Sad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom