Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

best of android

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What are the best RPG/Roguelike/Strategy/Tactical games for android and resolution 480x800 (because I guess not every game is made for all resolutions?). Gonna buy a phone soon and I'm looking for games I could install on it to have some fun.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'd love some for my Android tablet.

Someone ported Battle for Wesnoth over to Android, but I guess the asshole who did it decided to charge money for it and then promptly abandoned it leaving it outdated and buggy.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
don't phones letterbox or scale games at lower resolutions?

moving thread to general gaming, by the way.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I downloaded a Space Hulk clone named "Templar Assault," it seems alright. The guy who developed that also made two other seemingly tactical RPGs - Cyber Knights and Star Trader, highly rated in the marketplace, but haven't tried them yet.

Multi-headed Cow

I don't have a cellphone because I don't believe in them, I put Android on my tablet.

:rpgcodex:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Use phones for making phone calls, and computers for gaming.

:rpgcodex:
what if you are in train/bus taking a long trip, or in a university during boring lecture or something? Wouldn't you rather entertain yourself with some kind of a game instead of staring at something like a lecturer or through a window?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Whichever DOS game is the best for you. DOSBox is on Android. The only thing you might have a problem with is the controls.

One of my favorites is Star Traders. They call it an RPG but it's more like Elite. It does have character development, ship upgrades, etc though. Surprisingly deep gameplay for something that looks so simple. Everyone I know that's played it agrees that it's very addictive. There's a free version which is pretty good already, and the paid one just brings in massive amounts of new content.

Also: Zed is right, most games are resolution independent. And even the ones that aren't only need 480x800 from what I've seen.

Captain Shrek

Right. So guys posting in here own Android tablets. Good.

Which is the best one you can buy for under 300 Euros. Conditions: Camera, skype/google chat/video, fast browser.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Whichever DOS game is the best for you. DOSBox is on Android. The only thing you might have a problem with is the controls.

On screen keyboard. Ugh.

Anyone try ScummVM? You'd think that would work nicely with a touchscreen.

Right. So guys posting in here own Android tablets. Good.

Which is the best one you can buy for under 300 Euros. Conditions: Camera, skype/google chat/video, fast browser.

I'm pretty happy with my Transformer Prime. I got it for $400 due to a pricing mistake, but apparently it's around 600 Euros over there.

Captain Shrek

:(

Yeah. That machine kills me every time I look at its price tag. Fuck. I got to apply for a better scholarship. I just missed an opportunity by a single day. I was away for a workshop and there it is, the ad for the scholarship. FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Captain Shrek

Link to the page with details please. There are a lot of galaxy tabs. Which one do you have?

Captain Shrek

The cheapest here is 37i euros :(. I can't afford anything above 300. And that would essentially cripple me for a couple of months.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Hmm try to find a good quality pre-owned one on Ebay? That's how I've always found my MP3 players because I don't really care about pristine condition.

Multi-headed Cow

I'm running an HP Touchpad 32 gig version that I slapped Cyanogenmod on. Got one for Christmas from when they were selling 'em for $150. I generally stick with running it in WebOS since I like the browser for that better, but since it'll dual boot I can flip to Android if there are videogames I wanna try on it.

Repressed Homosexual
Honestly I'm discouraged with mobile games, the controls are pure garbage. Trying to play Silversword on this was a complete headache. The only thing I'll accept to play on these are exclusive point & click adventure games, like Scar on the Doll and Ghost Trick, or completely menu-driven games that aren't too cluttered like Final Fantasy III or The Quest.

Captain Shrek

Ok. Archos 1.5 GZ dual core + 1GB RAM Android 4.0 is now for sale. Going to buy that!

Multi-headed Cow

Neat, didn't know those were on Android. Did they ever actually FINISH Dragon or Vampire? 'cause last time I played 'em unless you got killed they kinda petered off with a "To be continued" ending.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom