Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Angthoron

Arcane
It was actually Cthulhu's doing. These guys were stomping too close to his brand.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I suppose it makes the Codex devil unexpectedly fitting, now that it's revealed to the world that Satan is a force of incline in gaming.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm pretty sure the devil has better things to do than troll the developers of a game pretty much no one cares about.

I suppose it makes the Codex devil unexpectedly fitting, now that it's revealed to the world that Satan is a force of incline in gaming.
It's a troll, goddammit. You should know better!

Turjan

Arcane
That's funny. Does anybody know what the video at the bottom of the article was?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm pretty sure the devil has better things to do than troll the developers of a game pretty much no one cares about.
Don't be so sure, now that Reaper of Souls is done he probably has time to fuck about a bit, even CEOs need to have fun.
bobby+kotick+the+devil.jpg

WhiteGuts

Arcane
"I make games about stuff I don't understand". We can safely assume that Donkey is Ken Levine's self-insert.:M

LivingOne

Savant
Capcom Halves Profit Forecast After Poor Sales In Mobile Market
March 31, 2014 silvershadowfly 36 Comments
Capcom has announced ahead of its annual financial results that it will revise its current profit projections by more than 50 per cent. Despite an increase in profits from their famed Monster Hunter franchise, the company has issued a statement to halve their profit forecast after underwhelming sales in both the mobile market and Monster Hunter Frontier G – the online game which is exclusive to Japan.

The Osaka-based company has reduced its consolidated net income profit forecast from its original projection of 6.8 billion yen (around $66 million) to 3.3 billion yen (around $32 million). However, Capcom’s net sales are due to increase from 97 billion yen to 101.5 billion yen, primarily due to strong sales from Monster Hunter 4.

Though sales have increased, the mobile market hasn’t quite hit the ground running and Capcom has suffered a significant “special loss” of 5 billion yen from setting aside “post business structural improvement expenses” to reorganise the product development framework and improve development processes. A small section of the offiical statement from Capcom can be found below.

“The forecast for consolidated sales has been increased mainly because of strong sales of ‘Monster Hunter 4′, the biggest title in Capcom’s home video games business, and the highly successful pachislo title ‘Monster Hunter Gekka Raimei’. On the other hand, the operating income and ordinary income forecasts have been lowered because of a decline in profitability. The primary reasons for this decline are below expectations of products in the highly profitable mobile contents and ‘Monster Hunter Frontier G’ online game. The net income forecast has been lowered for these reasons as well as to incorporate the special loss explained in the previous section. As a result, Capcom revises the forecast for consolidated business for the fiscal year ending March 2014.”
who would've expeted such results,really:hearnoevil:

Durwyn

Prophet
Finally some good news. Too bad that DA:I isn't here already, seeing Bioware shut down by EA after imminent flop would make this day complete

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Capcom obviously hates money since anyone sane would already realize that porting certain games like Dragon Dogma to PC is easy money.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom