Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

CreamyBlood

Arcane
New frontiers in Early Access shadiness - releasing $20 "completely finished" non-Early Access DLC for Early Access base game: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ly-access-games-completely-finished-expansion

And look at those reviews: http://store.steampowered.com/app/346110/
I thought we already hit the latest frontier with doing a full release for and charging full price for an Early Access title when No Man's Sky came out?

Except that Ark was already more of a game over a year ago than most modern AAA titles and possibly most of what shit you play that doesn't interest me. The devs have been cranking it out so fast that most people can't keep up with the new content. After over 1100 hours into it, tossing them $20 bucks for a surprise, full-fledged expansion isn't a problem for me although I suspect you don't remember what those things were in the first place.

I think it's a great game and keeps getting better. I suppose my tastes are different from yours, but yeah, forty bucks, grande total so far.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm testing an old computer to see if it works, and how many of the included games still work today.

While I have no experience with these computers, I'm fortunate enough to have the manual with me, which opens on these words:

Welcome to the world of tomorrow. You have just made a purchase that will reward you for a long time to come. The SVI-328(MKII) Personal Computer that you have purchased will open the doors to the future both today and in the future. The SPECTRAVIDEO family of personal computers contain features that will allow you to take full advantage of all current computing technology and will also allow you to expand your horizons as new technology evolves.

The SVI-328(MKII) is the tool that will allow you to deal with the computer revolution of the 1980's and this is the manual for the operation of this tool.

Again, welcome to tomorrow. Make it what you want it to be with your SVI-218(MKII). Just keep one thought in mind as you progress on your journey: "A Computer is only as smart as you make it. Without you, it's only a rather complex bunch of wires, chips, metal and plastic. You are the most important component of your new computer system!"

That last quote should have been made into a law or something, because computers today are quite capable of ruining your day without your input.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Neat.

Hearing the Menu theme from Hired Guns (PC) again for the first time in 20 years was a nice bonus moment of nostalgia.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
http://store.steampowered.com/app/496680/
SweatShop is a incremental game where you're the owner of a sweatshop, you have to hire more staff to work for you and sell products to gain more money. Buy many different upgrades for your workers and make even more money than before.
Are indie games going too far?

Cart Life did better job and it was DRMfree and free.
edit: damn, developer gave me negative brofist. Foul creatures.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
CsVi4J_UMAA9UlH.jpg

CsVi6SEVMAAbPSt.jpg

CsVi8vTUIAA171U.jpg

CsVi_ssVUAARvE5.jpg

pippin

I think he should be complaining about ownership instead of "I had to work to do my work". However, this is nothing new in any creative industry.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom