Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Tehdagah

Arcane
I think people are stretching the Half life meme a bit too much. Speaking of stretching, sometimes it's a good thing for horror game for the protagonist to be quiet.

It doesn't look half-bad for being an indie Derp Space clone, but chances are it will become an Epic exclusive.

They probably have no idea what made the Dead Space games good.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
'Life IN not Linear.'

See I told ya'll, linearity is the new binary. You can set your watch to these patterns. Jesus, it's like we're in a simulator or something.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"Developers and industry legends on the games that defined the last 20 years": https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...s-on-the-games-that-defined-the-last-20-years

Ironically the Xbox boss is probably the only person who picked a game Codex would appreciate:

Phil Spencer, head of Xbox

Ultima Online

"Ultima Online evolved my view of gaming in a big way. And for the first time, it really did feel like me in a video game - not just an armored avatar roaming the world. I was a big fan of Ultima 3, but UO made the world of Britannia come alive for me.

"When my character stepped foot in the game's fantasy cities, or down into a huge dungeon, I was doing it as one person playing and exploring alongside everyone else in a shared world. They could observe me, they could help me, become my friend or foe. I definitely had many instances where PvP didn't go my way.

"I'm sure people have plenty of great stories about their experiences in Ultima Online. To me, a lot the norms and expectations we have in today's games came from those first, shared-world experiences that many players had in games like UO. Those moments created a lasting connection not just to my character, but to a world's worth of players. It was the first time I didn't just love a game, but where it took me."

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
"Developers and industry legends on the games that defined the last 20 years": https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...s-on-the-games-that-defined-the-last-20-years

This is a laugh riot.

The developer of Shenmue picks... Shenmue.

Likewise an ex-Final Fantasy developer picks the first game he worked on.

Far too many devs pick the games that got them into the business, including Rhianna Pratchett.

Peter Molyneux picks GTA3, which makes sense.

Indie dev #1 picks Spelunky, hoping that Indie dev #2 (who incidentally made Spelunky) will name-drop him in return. Sadly, Indie dev #2 picks Dark Souls.

Jeff Kaplan unironically picks Everquest, the game he himself helped torpedo as Tigole Bitties (someone posted about that here on the Codex a long time ago).

One 'travelling' dev picks Diablo 2. Hard to argue that.

And last, but not least, Hideo Kojima picks Super Mario Bros, Xevious, Another World and The Portopia Serial Murder Case, because Screw You, Silly Questions. For recent games he names Inside. :salute:

XCif1YI.jpg

:lol:

The game is rated "very positive", though.

-

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Simple Civ-like 4x game implemented in Microsoft Excel:

This is the trailer for my first game in Excel, s0lly's [CELL]IVIZATION, created in just around a week for the OLC CODEJAM 2019 (https://itch.io/jam/olc-codejam-2019).

The gamejam's theme is destruction, which is apt for this game given that the only way to win is to destroy the opposing team.

The game is very light on features (basically just build units and attack the opposition), but I will add on additional features - DLC you could call it - if people are keen to see more!

The model and further information about the game will be released via this description on 7 September 2019. Watch this space!

Hope you enjoy!

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
I replayed Most Wanted last month and this video is a really good run down on it. There really is an absurd magic to the game that not many have managed to replicated. Something that EA Black Box deserves triple credit for, is that they managed to crank out NFS games on a yearly basis and so many of them were great, most notably Underground, Most Wanted and ProStreet (the latter two showing how they suffered a fair bit by that year long development cycle where they had to port for over 5 platforms.) They're fantastic games, but one can wonder how much better they could have been if they had a bit more reasonable of a dev cycle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom