Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Blast from the past. I like David Davidson's view on the whole ordeal.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/6777563/1
I like how honest and intelligent many BSNers are:

No, you just can't uderstand that there are people out therem who just don't like Dragon Age 2.

OMG CODEX IS EVULL!

Don't make such ridiculous assumptions. The codex is not nearly big enough to account for even a tenth of the spam on this forum.

It must be the gestapo or russian spies, there can't poossibly be so many negative comments for a game that has an awful storyline, resuses maps, plays like dynasty warriors and is a total betrayal of the preceeding game.
Who cares about RPG Codex? The place is a toilet. Like /b/ without the lolicon and guro.
Wrong again. :martini:

yeah, we have plenty of lolicon and guro, wth is he talking about

Deleted member 7219

SPACE HULK

Nominated for the Pulitzer Price in games journalism.

I hope that article showed to the world that RockPaperShotgun is not some last bastion of :obviously: gaming journalism. I've been suspicious of that place ever since they gave Fallout: New Vegas a good fucking over.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I dunno. I'm not sure that you could really say more about that Space Hulk teaser trailer... Did you watch it? It struck me as seriously funny. It's a 30 second video with 25 seconds of logos, 3 seconds of legalese shit at the end and about 2 seconds of non-gameplay video. (I didn't time it, but really...) The thing plays like a parody of crap modern game teaser videos.

Repressed Homosexual
I mentioned in an earlier Comm-Link that we are planning on having the core development of Star Citizen happen in
three locations – Los Angeles, Californa, Austin, Texas and Montreal, Canada.
There are quite a few reasons why Montreal is interesting – there is a lot of
game development talent: Ubisoft, Warner Bros, EA and THQ all have large
development studios and games such as the Assassin’s Creed series, Far Cry 2 & 3 and
Deus Ex Revolutions have all come out of Montreal. There are a fair amount of
developers with CryEngine experience (the Far Cry series is built on a modified
version of the original CryEngine and THQ has been working on a couple of
unannounced CryEngine projects.) Finally, all your dollars go much further in Montreal
than they do in Austin and Los Angeles due to the strong government support
for game development and the lower cost of living. This allows us to pack more
ships,
locations and features in than we could if we just built the game in Los
Angeles and Austin.

As part of the year of preparation, research and development I did in building
the prototype I was testing out workflow concepts and personnel. Montreal was
an area that I knew from making films (which the Canadian and Quebec
governments also support strongly), so it was an area I considered right from the start.
I weighed several options, from building a studio from scratch to partnering
with an established studio to help build out a team. Considering everything else
that we need to accomplish with Star Citizen I decided that it was smarter to
partner with someone that all ready has an infrastructure and is up and running,
much the same way I would contract with a local production service company if
I was making a film.

Behaviour Interactive are the biggest independent developer in Montreal, with
a great infrastructure and work process. They have worked on over 130 games
with some of the biggest publishers in the industry, have a reputation for being
on time and budget and have many people that worked on big AAA titles like
Assassins Creed or Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft contracted them to help out the recently
shipped Far Cry 3.)

Over the last year they contributed some resources on spec to flesh out some
of the technical design on the server back end (Behaviour designed, built and
maintains Nickelodeon’s kid’s MMO, Monkey Quest, which has over 10 million
users) and help build the prototype as a test to see if we could work well together
and they could meet the quality standards I want to hit for Star Citizen. If
you liked the prototype you’ve already seen some of their work and approved.
Because of this I’m happy to announce formally that Behaviour Interactive will be
our partner in Montreal, Canada. You can read the complete press release here
(http://robertsspaceindustries.us5.l...1243db6075c45571bd&id=d74d27f3eb&e=70855929b1 ) .

No, my taxes pay for ANOTHER game. Once again, this race to the bottom continues, and Quebec perpetuates it. When will they understand that if their incentives were removed, all those studios would vanish in a puff of smoke?

Also, Behaviour never made anything good, they have been involved in so-so at best grunt work for licensed properties ever since they were created. It really doesn't fill me with confidence.

XMOgZ.png

:kwanzania:

DISCLAIMER: MASS EFFECT IS A WORK OF FICTION. SPACE MARINES ARE NOT REAL, AND EVEN IF THEY WERE YOU WOULDN'T PASS THE PHYSICAL EXAM. ENJOY YOUR DORITOS & MTN DEW COMBO.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
I dunno. I'm not sure that you could really say more about that Space Hulk teaser trailer... Did you watch it? It struck me as seriously funny. It's a 30 second video with 25 seconds of logos, 3 seconds of legalese shit at the end and about 2 seconds of non-gameplay video. (I didn't time it, but really...) The thing plays like a parody of crap modern game teaser videos.
Typical Games Workshop.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
what people don't know is that mass effect simulates the death of children using real weapons and is very true to life. the perpatrater could not realise he was not playing real life because mass effect is set in a future where graphics are soo good they look real. bann all guns now because in mass effect 100 round assault clips
:lol:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
XMOgZ.png

:kwanzania:

DISCLAIMER: MASS EFFECT IS A WORK OF FICTION. SPACE MARINES ARE NOT REAL, AND EVEN IF THEY WERE YOU WOULDN'T PASS THE PHYSICAL EXAM. ENJOY YOUR DORITOS & MTN DEW COMBO.
Stuff like this makes me want to kill people. They should be ashamed.

If there's someone that I hate more than copyrightfags, it's game censorshipfags. Disgusting subhuman monsters. Filthy alien threat.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, fuck any delicate matters like mental issues, wealth distribution, abusive families, gun control, bullying or that kind of thing...noooooo, VIDYA GAMEZ ARE THE CAUSE OF ALL EVIUL!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Okay, this was pretty cool:

kmd.png

The HoMM2 minotaur remains my favourite: simple, elegant, but formidable when seen on the battlefield. The MM5 minotaur was also a terrifying sight, as it crushed your party with its brimstone hammer.

All the other following minotaurs show the decline of the MM series, starting from the terrible 3D of MM6 to the blandness of HoMM4. But the last two minotaurs are pretty good, if a bit too flashy.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
2343027-minotaur_king_thumb.png
>
1762825.gif

Look at the custom-fitted chainmail helmet worn by the minotaur king in HoMM2. How cool is that?

Brinko

Arcane
So are the deaths of children going to bring about a much needed incline in video games due to casuals leaving from the shame thrown upon them or is this just more ineffectual kwa outrage that goes nowhere?

Regdar

Arcane
Wait until they find out which game inspired a certain viking folk hero by the name of Anders.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom