Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Fez

Erudite
I saw everything. I saw it all.

MacBone

Scholar
Nicolai, I realize your list isn't exhaustive, but what do you think of Azzarello's 100 Bullets, Ellis' Global Frequency, and Vaughn's Y the Last Man?

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
MacBone said:
Nicolai, I realize your list isn't exhaustive, but what do you think of Azzarello's 100 Bullets

Didn't include 100 Bullets in my list since I'm not entirely up to date on it, but if I were to judge by the ~20 issues I've read thus far, I'd have to say that it's a pretty decent series. Planning to pick it back up from where I left off once I finish my Transmetropolitan reread.

MacBone said:
Ellis' Global Frequency

I have the complete run in my ever-growing Unread folder (50 gigs and counting), but I've yet to make a dent in it. Been hearing a lot of good stuff about it and I'm a big fan of Ellis to boot, so watch this space.

MacBone said:
Vaughn's Y the Last Man?

Bit of a mixed bag, that one. Interesting concept, shoddy execution. Tad too soapish for my liking. Neither the art nor the writing gets my juices flowing.

OccupatedVoid said:
Nicolai, where did you get the "Fuckface" comic from?

Garth Ennis' Fury mini-series. I can upload it to the comics thread later if you want it, doughboy.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
I just looked at the back of my old Arcanum manual. There's an advertisement for some samurai diablo clone called Throne of Darkness. But the thing is, the words that are written in big bold letters are (and in this very order, remember that there are puny words inbetween): TERROR, YOU, ORDER, OBLIVION.

Coincidence? I don't think so. Clearly Sierra is trying to warn us from the terror of ordering TES IV. But no one listened. WE DIDN'T LISTEN! (except for me, because I pirated it instead of purchasing).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Kingston said:
I just looked at the back of my old Arcanum manual. There's an advertisement for some samurai diablo clone called Throne of Darkness. But the thing is, the words that are written in big bold letters are (and in this very order, remember that there are puny words inbetween): TERROR, YOU, ORDER, OBLIVION.

Coincidence? I don't think so. Clearly Sierra is trying to warn us from the terror of ordering TES IV. But no one listened. WE DIDN'T LISTEN! (except for me, because I pirated it instead of purchasing).

This is too great.
Hilarious!

dagorkan

Arbiter
Unfortunately, I can't be with you my comrades. :?

You fight for a just cause. :honorblade:

galsiah

Erudite
The point being?
There's not even anything to flame. 40 posts with zero content in the first few minutes. It's all just rather depressing.

OccupatedVoid

Arbiter
Jesus, people! If someone wrote something KRAZEE over there, quote it. I'm to lazy to set up a proxy to view some Bethstapo links.

Darkflame

Scholar
look at this: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... 83293&st=0

some woman says she is new to oblivion and asks for advice, and everyone who responds tells her to choose major skills that don't level up, and self-impose restrictions on her game actions, etc...

how does it feel to know that your fans have to use your product improperly in order to have any fun with it... that should be the topic of a new thread over there...

Surgey

Scholar
Darkflame said:
look at this: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index ... 83293&st=0

some woman says she is new to oblivion and asks for advice, and everyone who responds tells her to choose major skills that don't level up, and self-impose restrictions on her game actions, etc...

how does it feel to know that your fans have to use your product improperly in order to have any fun with it... that should be the topic of a new thread over there...

Yeah, it should clue some people in that the game is retarded in that respect, instead of something you just say, "Oh you can avoid it by doing this incredibly annoying thing that makes no sense," about.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Volourn said:
Fallout 3 will no tbe worthy of the Fallou ttitle.

Let's face it, moron. Game over, man, game over LOLZ!!!11!1!!!!

I win, you lose.[Volourn]

Joseph K said:
If there is anything worse than Volourn, it is all the Volourn impersonators.

Just kidding, there is *nothing* worse than Volourn.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
toddlersol3.jpg

Thanks to Warlord Peecard for making that thread.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom