Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best thread ever.

VenomByte

Scholar
whitemithrandir said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=385922&hl=

I'm really curious as to the reaction that would have received if it'd been put in Oblivion General...

sheek

Arbiter
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=396793

I find this thread funny.

The Redguards are one of the most talented and respectable races, yet one of the most "hated and wanted to exterimate race" in this thread (12%). The so called Homosexual race (wood elves) are hated 18%. The snobby race (high elve) 16%. The Orcs 14%. The white races Nords 4%. Imperials 5%. For an added 9%.

I got to see what the end result is...

Redguards, hang them niggárz. tongue.gif

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Summer's tag is "Ice Vixen." Omg tahts so hawt. I want her. She can be the Dairy Queen and I can be the hotheaded young adventurer. She's obviously into roleplaying, right?

Data4

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
Summer's tag is "Ice Vixen." Omg tahts so hawt. I want her. She can be the Dairy Queen and I can be the hotheaded young adventurer. She's obviously into roleplaying, right?

The Dairy Queen to your ....Burger King?

-D4

Thrawn05

Scholar
summer said:
(btw and this is a personal note, it is also a pop up nightmare, thank goodness when I have gone there my pop up blocker worked for me.)

What? I have never gotton a popup ad here. Now newgrounds, holy shit is that pop up hell.

summer pisses me off to no end.

Human Shield

Augur
Playing dolly is hardkore RPG!!!

I wash my feet in water.
I cast fireball on water and then put meat in it and then put it on a plate with knife and fork sitting on side then eat it.
I go to the tailor and buy and sell the same hat back and front to get it refit.
I act surprised and jump around when leaving a dungeon because I lost track of time and my character doesn't have a watch DUH!!
I recite my poems to female NPCs and they respond "I heard the fighter's guild is hiring" but I roleplay that they love me <3 :oops: .
My character's parents was killed by orcs and I only tell this story to my closest friends, they respond by saying "You hear about the Emperor?" but I roleplay that we have seX!!

None of it does anything in the game but everyone knows that U MUST ROLEPALY!!

LlamaGod

Cipher
El Dee said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=416894

So How hardcore do you RP? Well with one of my characters I walk...From town to town, And I don't mean "Running" either.
Apparently this is the new way to RP, though the forum nerds do get into a debate further in the thread as to whether walking constitutes RPing.

If you can wade through the idiocy it can make for a funny, or sad, read.

same shit happened with Morrowind.

I remember people trying to 'roleplay' a person scared of heights. So they held down the walk key whenever they were elevated.

Fucking MMORPGs ruining the word roleplay.

Twinfalls

Erudite
So How hardcore do you RP? Well with one of my characters I walk...From town to town, And I don't mean "Running" either.

Behold the deepest depths of tragic!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
LlamaGod said:
El Dee said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=416894

Apparently this is the new way to RP, though the forum nerds do get into a debate further in the thread as to whether walking constitutes RPing.

If you can wade through the idiocy it can make for a funny, or sad, read.

same shit happened with Morrowind.

I remember people trying to 'roleplay' a person scared of heights. So they held down the walk key whenever they were elevated.

Fucking MMORPGs ruining the word roleplay.

wow. and i thought a 'real' hydrophobic gamer has it bad. i remember reading this guy saying he's having trouble playing morrowind caused he has a phobia of water.

IIRC a lot of dungeons are submerged in water, so he kinda felt 'drowned' when he entered it. kinda immersive in a very scary way.

Lumpy

Arcane
whitemithrandir said:
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=198236&st=0#entry3494628

When I play an RPG, I want to do exactly that: ROLEPLAY. I don't want to get bogged down by statistics and streamlining my character, because it just feels like a burden to me. Morrowind had too many skills that I couldn't keep track of half of them, and I feel it detracted from the game. I just want to chop up an orc or throw a fireball. Why do I need to fiddle with two dozen skills in order to do that? That's not role-playing; that's just silly.

So, in the end, I've condensed these 20 skills into four core skills, which are much more elegant and easy to understand, and won't get in the way of Oblivion's core gameplay. They are:

Hacking & Slashing
Staying Alive
Zapping
Looting

There. That's a list I can live with. It is more modern than the 20 skill system and I believe will appeal to a much wider modern audience who appreciates elegance of complexity, wouldn't you agree?

Haha.
Lol what a retard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom