Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda, ESF, and your roots...

Did you originally come to the Codex from the ESF?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nutcracker

Scholar
As per poll question...

Vipera

Scholar
Yes, but I'm still an Oblivion fan. I just joined to have interesting discussions.

User was nabbed fit

I'll admit that I was sucked in by all the hype over Oblivion, so I joined the ESF... soon after joining I heard of this evil place called the "RPG Codex" which was besmirching Oblivion's good name!
So I came over here and was shocked at the barrage of negative news comments about Oblivion that were being posted (me being used to every website sucking its cock)... of course the game hadn't yet come out back then, so I couldn't understand all this and dismissed everyone here as being alarmist.
But then I started (it didn't take me long) actually trying to understand where everyone here was coming from with all this 'hate'; I started to actually read the points, and it all started making sense to me... more sense than the sugar-coated BS on the ESF anyway. Finally, the game came out, and everything was confirmed. The Codex was right all along.

sheek

Arbiter
I came from from Google (search: "Oblivion sucks" in reaction to the hype). I was never a member of ESF.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I came here after I discovered the "RPGCODEX/I LOVE OBLIVION" autocensor thingie, and I made a thread about it, which was swiftly closed by a mod. I knew this site from it´s Oblivion review, which is my favorite.

don_tomaso

Liturgist
Hehe, the first screenshot of oblivion, with the trees and all that shit, totally sucked me into the hypestorm following.. Then after a few months I heard about this place, read some comments here about oblivion, and then I was codexhooked..

Uz0rnaem

Scholar
I've been a lurker since 2002. My first account was "Wilford", which I created somewhere around the time Lionheart was still considered a good idea.

Twinfalls

Erudite
ZORRORAMA-2001.jpg

"My God... It's full of Tards!"

mathboy

Liturgist
Whipporowill said:
I was a Troika fanboy, born and raised. Used to run a little fansite and all, and came onboard fulltime when it went awol. INTARNET MYSTARY.
Pretty much same here. Only my fansite is still alive (and not really mine at all, but I like to imagine I do help it in some way when not creating trouble with it)!

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Nope. I actually discovered the Codex while as a member of No Mutants Allowed. More specifically, when Rex was trolling that forum with his infamous "No More Free Rides" line. He had the Codex in his sig. I think I joined to say Bloodlines was a good game. While I'll never grow accustomed to the immaturity, the Codex is right. They truly have stopped making good RPGs.

MacBone

Scholar
Yeah, I admit it, I did arrive here from the ESF, which I joined when I began playing MW. I think I first read about RPG Codex in a ESF general discussion post about Fallout and Planescape (and I think that particular reference to the Codex was a positive one), so I joined to see what all the brouhaha was about.

Does this mean I don't get to swim in the natatorium during lunch breaks any more?

Slylandro

Scholar
I came here through Sorcerer's Place (which I keep thinking is Sorcerer's Palace), which I found with google. I couldn't help clicking the link after reading their flattering description of the Codex which sounded too good to be true (I was already a fan of Vogel, Troika, BIS, etc).

Ladonna

Arcane
Just lurked here for years basically. Never part of the ESF.

My original haunt was Club SSI, when it still existed.

IV Flavia

Novice
I've been a member of ESF for I think up to two years now. I just joined here about a week ago. I'm not a 'refugee' from ESF, though, since I still post there. I like to keep up to date with the mod community because that's pretty much why I bought Oblivion in the first place (what, you thought I got the game for its rich storyline?).

Ooh, I should also mention that I first came across the Codex having read Vault Dweller's review of the game. I've lurked here for a few months before deciding to join. Now I'm also here anticipating AoD.

OverrideB1

Scholar
I make no bones about the fact that I came here from the ESF -- mostly because the Codex was where the devs were posting details about Oblivion instead of on the official forums. But I'd been disillusioned with Bethesda ever since Todd's infamous "knights on horseback" post and already anticipated the suckage that was to be Oblivion.

Not that I see why it matters worth a damn where anyone came from, or why...

Anaglyph

Novice
OverrideB1 said:
...mostly because the Codex was where the devs were posting details about Oblivion instead of on the official forums...

Same here - been lurking ever since. Only registered recently to comment on a Pythonesque moment in Oblivion because I found it so amusing. I don't intend to post much though, as my Codex credentials are weak; even though I agree mostly with the Codex agenda, I'm just not a hardcore RPGer.

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Yep, I suppose I'm a cookie-cutter TESF refugee. Saw VD's review linked to, read it, then saw the post deleted later. The two of these together sparked a great interest in the Codex, so I went back and had a look around. To tell the truth, it scared me a bit, so I left again and returned to TESF. After a while, I was sucked into something I'd managed to avoid; Oblivion General flamewars. While I never actually flamed, the aggravating stupidity of most of the posters made me yearn for intelligent conversation and like-minded people, and I saw "my side" mentioning the Codex (briefly) every so often, so I returned and joined.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom