Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda, ESF, and your roots...

Did you originally come to the Codex from the ESF?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VenomByte

Scholar
Of course, after OB was released the TESF forums became significantly more retarded

I actually made a poll on the possibility of that happening, a few months before Oblivion launched. I called it something like "Will the average IQ of the forums drop once Oblivion is released?". Most of the answers were a resounding "yes", before the thread got locked as flame-bait.

sabishii

Arbiter
Lol, I saved this page to my hard drive, changed any reference to the codex & changed the background colors. Then I uploaded it to a free hosting site and linked to it in a post in ESF, calling the posters "traitors"...

Surprisingly, I got a lot of replies saying that Oblivion wasn't the best game in the world, that it had crap quests, etc. And then some astute observer noticed it was the Codex and said the usual "what do you expect from the codex?" remark. But I had to drive back to college after that, and when I logged back on my post was deleted. I wonder if it would've been deleted had that astute observer not noticed my trickery.

Vidken

Novice
OverrideB1 said:
Not that I see why it matters worth a damn where anyone came from, or why...
Same. It's kinda like "We were good friends, but then I learned that you were born in a country I hate, so now I hate you."

Well, I came from TESF, so let the arbitrary redicule begin.

Voss

Erudite
Except no one ever liked you in the first place, so your attempt at analogy is worthless.

The problem is this current crop of ESF refugees feels obliged to bring their deep and abiding stupidity with them and show it off as much as possible.

Nutcracker

Scholar
Same. It's kinda like "We were good friends, but then I learned that you were born in a country I hate, so now I hate you."

Well, I came from TESF, so let the arbitrary redicule begin.

That certainly wasnt my intent. What i have done is displayed that there is a significant ex-ESF minority, thus discouraging potential elitism.

This isnt 1950s America, and former ESFers are not the niggers of the Codex.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Voss said:
Except no one ever liked you in the first place, so your attempt at analogy is worthless.

The problem is this current crop of ESF refugees feels obliged to bring their deep and abiding stupidity with them and show it off as much as possible.
Exactly.

Look, by and large we don't give a fuck where you came from. As per Override, it shouldn't matter.
Unfortunately, for some of you, it does. Mainly due to your endless ESF and Oblivion posts. Some of you are treating this place as an ex-ESF refuge and are obsessed with why you decided to come here, and I think that is what makes it tiresome for some (most?) of the regs.

I remember about a month before Oblivion coming out, talking to Saint on IRC and saying how sick I was with the almost Exitium-strength shenanigans even then.
He said he couldn't wait for Oblivion to come out, then it would all die down and it would be just another shitty game the codex doesn't like.

I disagreed, saying that it would only get worse, by a large amount at least temporarily, but the 'tardness would take a long time to die. It's not very often that I'm right when it comes to disagreeing with Saint. :(

Voss

Erudite
Admiral jimbob said:
Nutcracker said:
This isnt 1950s America, and former ESFers are not the niggers of the Codex.

I should bloody well hope not.

S'right, bitches. We're going to treat you worse.

Voss

Erudite
I think we should start branding them. Like the dumbfuck tag, but with a usable flag you can tie into a feature in the user profile:

Auto-ignore ESF refugees? Y/N

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Wow, i knew we had a bunch of ESF refugees but didn't realize it was this many. One third of the people who voted are from ESF. I guess when even Frankie conceded and jumped ship it should tell you something.

And just for the record, I came here through RPGDot around the time VD announced AoD. A bunch of people were trashing him and this mysterious site called rpgcodex with such bile and hate that I had to check it out.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Whipporowill said:
Statistics and polls prove nothing, as usual. Are ESF'ers more prone to participate in polls than the grumbling old men of the codex for instance?
Oh fer sure. I didn't vote. I expect most of the other grumbling old men didn't vote.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Well, lezsee...

I know a few members here posted on BIS back in the days...

Volourn, for one. Calis, I think. (There was also Caelis, but that's someone different) Then there are the whole Mistresslair.net bunch, whom, I take it, you guys didn't like very much. Then there's Sargelllawhatever, you know, the guy who talked like a wemic. Then there's Gromnir (who still posts here from time to time, I think).

Anyway, the point is, you fuckers shared this little RPG community with me for a good 6 years of my life. No, wait, longer. I registered on BIS in april of 1999. So that's... Holy shit, ~7.5 years?

Thanks for wasting my time, bitches.

WAIT! This means I've known Volourn for... 5 years? OMG we're practically BFFs.

Blahblah Talks

Arbiter
I'm going to have to invoke my 5th Ammendment rights. You can't prove anything!

@aweigh
Rick Santorum said:
As the hobbits are going up Mount Doom, the Eye of Mordor is being drawn somewhere else. It's being drawn to Iraq and it's not being drawn to the U.S.
I've been thinking about this quote. Is he implying that Frodo and Sam are Bush and Cheney, and the Ring is the Bill of Rights? ;)

cutterjohn

Cipher
Well, while I've had 2 accounts @ ESF since c. 2002 (forgot the pw of the 1st one and the email addy registered under is LONG gone...(my old personal domains)) and registered a second around when Oblivion came out, but was dismayed by the new lows that the new "fans" that Oblivion brought with it to the ESF.

That being said ESF was never really anywhere that I hung around to a great extent, mainly just looking through the modding threads/info & pastt games forum, and occasionally through the general forums. In recent years, I've been around Prairie Games forums, and BC3000AD forums(yes, I do get some enjoyment out of Smart's Battlecruiser series, sue me...), and before then when I was playing ALOT of low grav TFC and DoD I was primarily planted @ Frenchy's Pit's forums, and also some, now defunct, Harpoon sites. But even above and beyond all of these web forums, I still, generally, prefer usenet newsgroups and mailing lists. (In reality most of the sites/groups that I DID participate in were entirely technical, e.g. FreeBSD, linux, mac fora, etc. but as there are not related to gaming, I will not list them.)

Initially, I must admit too, that I thought that the codex was a pit, however the realization of Oblivion for what it was(and was not) and the nearly total alignment of assessment of Oblivion(and other crpgs) made me reconsider the value of the codex, and so here I be. Also, I was looking for a decent RPG site, and didn't entirely care for just-rpgs growing console focus, nor entirely for the atmosphere of rpgdot/rpgwatch, rpgvault, etc.

The Hedonist

Novice
ROFL

Twinfalls said:
ZORRORAMA-2001.jpg

"My God... It's full of Tards!"

Okay, that is the funniest 2001 reference ever. I totally just shit my pants laughing.

I came here from ESF and let me tell you I'm sick of it. I'm sick of the 2 year olds, I'm sick of the autosensor, and I'm sick of the whole Oblivion is bette, no Morrowind is better. Anyone who doesn't have their head up their ass knows that Morrowind is a better game, and that Oblivion is all eye candy and no substance . . . Gee, where has all the lore gone? Oh yeah, the game was streamlined for tards! Where are all of the options? Oh yeah, kids with ADHD don't like to read that much! I so sick of that crap!

spacemoose

Erudite
Nutcracker said:
ESFers are not the niggers of the Codex.

on the contrary, I think you're on to something here. ESFers are EXACTLY the niggers of the codex. and we should take every opportunity to remind them about their inferior origins, fried chicken, watermelon, corn-bread and kool-aid... now I'm hungry

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Spacemoose said:
Nutcracker said:
ESFers are not the niggers of the Codex.

on the contrary, I think you're on to something here. ESFers are EXACTLY the niggers of the codex. and we should take every opportunity to remind them about their inferior origins, fried chicken, watermelon, corn-bread and kool-aid... now I'm hungry

I'll steal yo' television, cracker. Ain't no gravity, just the white man keepin' us down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom