Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bethesda opens Fallout 3 forums

Chinese Jetpilot said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Sentenza said:
Chinese Jetpilot said:
Oblivion's combat is fast and furious, and rewards you for pausing out to inventory to use potions, scrolls, other equipment, other spells, etc strategically.

Would these MOTHERFUCKERS stop already with the "tactics" and "strategy" of Oblivion!
I always thought that pausing the game to epen the inventory and drink a fuckload of potions during fitghts was a lame exploit, but no good sirs, ITS TEH STRATEGIK
What I like about that is how you can only drink about 8 potions at a time though. That is, before you have to close your inventory and then re-open it again half a second later. OH NOEZ! TEH LIMITASHUNS MAEK IT STRATEGIK.

Figures that an Armchair Strategist like yourself would think its that easy. Sure, it's all fun and games when you're stomping on mudcrabs. But what if you're surrounded by five...count them, FIVE, Goblins rushing towards you? You try swinging your sword, but your auto-aim ain't working. You start to panic. You can only use a combination of eight healing and fatigue potions. What's a matter? Not so easy now, is it?

Pop quiz hotshot. What do you do?

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU DO?

Easy. Press Y to enter EXTREME mode and dish out some serious collar-grabbing fury upon those goblins.

taxacaria

Scholar
from BGSF said:
Daggerfall was awesome, but some things bothered me, Morrowind fixed most of them
Morrowind was awesome, but smaller. Some things bugged me, Oblivion fixed most of them
Oblivion was awesome but smaller. Some things bugged me, Shivering Isles fixed those.
Shivering Isles was awsome but smaller. Some things bugged me, Fallout 3 will fix them?
*shudders*

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Summer isn't a ditz like nearly every other forum member. You'd probably disagree with her on some or other matter but she seems pretty level-headed.

I couldn't decide between laughing or crying when I saw that poll. "Hey guys, should Fallout resembles its predecessors or should it try to emulate games its got nothing to do with?" The S-M-R-T-ness, it boggles the mind and goggles the blind.

Zelda? Fuck's sake.

Fez

Erudite
How can there be 40 total votes now if Fallout 1 & 2 have 38 and Bloodlines has 13? Never mind all the other votes. Strange.

taxacaria

Scholar
@seboss
from that thread -

Zenmaster Omega said:
Oblivion is more of an RPG than:

The Wizardry series
Might and Magic series
The Bard's Tale
Dragon Wars
Phantasie
The Dark Heart of Uukrul
The Gold Box D&D games
Eye of the Beholder
Betrayal at Krondor
Realms of Arkania
Wizards & Warriors
to name a few...

And I'm a Fallout person, not a TES person.

I'd say he's a dumbfuck person.

Relien

Scholar
Fez said:
How can there be 40 total votes now if Fallout 1 & 2 have 38 and Bloodlines has 13? Never mind all the other votes. Strange.
It's a checkbox poll, not a standard radiobutton one. Also the percentages are calculated from the total number of votes, not voters.

EDIT: In other words, "Total votes" in this case means the total number of voters, each of whom selected one or more options in the poll.

Bradylama

Arcane
So, in total, the vast majority of people participating in the poll would be fine with a Fallout 3 like its predecessors compared to any other game design.

What the fuck is up with all the dumbass polls? My favorite so far:

Gonzodave said:
Would you want a persuasion mini game like in Oblivion?

a. Yes, I loved it
b. Totally
c. Without a doubt
d. Yes, and I want minigames for other areas too

Shannow

Waster of Time
sportforredneck said:
Zenmaster Omega said:
Oblivion is more of an RPG than:

The Wizardry series
They besmirched the name of Wizardry, someone is going to die.
I promise you that Zenmaster is going to die. In fact every ESF-poster is going to die. Every codexer too.
OMFG, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!1111oneoneeleven11!!

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's something I gotta get off my chest:

Please enter your details below to log in
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attention!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You must already have registered for an account before you can log in.
If you do not have an account, you may register by clicking the 'register' link near the top of the screen

I've forgotten my password! Click here!

Enter your user name

Enter your password
I find this deeply disturbing. Do I really need to be told, in such an urgent manner? When I first tried to log in and saw that big red warning box, I expected an error and not the trivial information that I need to be registered to log in.
Is that standard now, or is that a sign of what Bethesda thinks of their target audience?

taxacaria said:
from BGSF said:
Daggerfall was awesome, but some things bothered me, Morrowind fixed most of them
Morrowind was awesome, but smaller. Some things bugged me, Oblivion fixed most of them
Oblivion was awesome but smaller. Some things bugged me, Shivering Isles fixed those.
Shivering Isles was awsome but smaller. Some things bugged me, Fallout 3 will fix them?
*shudders*
So Bethout will play in a city after all.

Bradylama said:
So, in total, the vast majority of people participating in the poll would be fine with a Fallout 3 like its predecessors compared to any other game design.
In fact, the poll suggests that people would prefer it over the alternatives. Go figure.

OccupatedVoid said:
FALLOUT 3: WAR FINALLY CHANGES THIS SUMMER.
Great idea. You should submit that as application for a job in their marketing department. :lol:

Drakron

Arcane
Its a policy that comes when large treads screw up the search function ... many forums have it but I am unsure if its just something from the old days when software was affected by it or its still a limitation.

Drakron said:
Its a policy that comes when large treads screw up the search function ... many forums have it but I am unsure if its just something from the old days when software was affected by it or its still a limitation.

Probably just typical Bethesda shirking.

Claw said:
Is that standard now, or is that a sign of what Bethesda thinks of their target audience?
At least we know why the include compasses, the people who play their games don't even know that to log in, you need an actual account to log into.

stargelman

Scholar
sportforredneck said:
Claw said:
At least we know why the include compasses, the people who play their games don't even know that to log in, you need an actual account to log into.
Feeling good now?

Seboss

Liturgist
Hehe, a mod deleting a thread to save himself from embarrassment. That's rich.

MountainWest

Scholar
CCNA is the same mod who altered the "which developer do you want to develop Fallout 3"-poll and made Bethesda #2....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom