Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Bethesda Q&A at GameBanshee

Astromarine

Erudite
so, keeping on the same topic, which other non-Bioware RPGs *did* you like? It suddenly occurred to me that we currently define you as "the NWN guy" and it's quite possible that other than that and MW maybe the rest of your tastes are more like ours :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
FO series, PST, IWD1, BG seriessome of the Ultimas, etc., etc. Yes, I do like the FF's; but I don't really compare them to actual ful fledge role-playing games.

Espicially now. I just finished playing FF1 again; and I'm trying to figure out why I liked it the first time. LOL No worthwhile story, no characters, combat is annoying, and the list goes on. Heh.

For the record, as I stated many times here and elsewhere, FO2 is my favorite game for the actual campaign (NWN is overall due to the total package) with BG2 right behind. The originals of both series are just below these masterpieces. And, no I don't feel like getting into a 'Bash BG Thread'. Those are boring as I much prefer discussing recent games.

Man... This thread seems more like it should be titled Volourn: What Makes The Fool Tick. Saint, sorry about derailing your MW thread. Heh.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Don't be sorry, I found all this pretty funny.

I will say this, the background graphics in NWN sucked ass. The tiles were overly large and overly reused in the campaign. It's almost like Neverwinter and the surrounding areas only had one construction contractor who was also the only architect. The models and animations were pretty good though.

Now, looking at Morrowind, you have the opposite, really. The landscape and backgrounds in Morrowind are damned impressive. The people models definitely aren't. The monsters and armor in Morrowind are pretty damned slick though, especially the bone armors.

Spazmo

Erudite
Very true. In my brief tryst with Morrowind, I managed to get a full suit of steel armour and rather enjoyed just looking at myself.

Longshanks

Augur
Vault Dweller said:
Common, Volourn, play fair. MW has many shortcomings that we discussed here http://www.rpgcodex.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1123, but graphics always were the strongest undisputable point. You are not blind, and your card was not THAT bad, so why are you so biased? If you say that you don't like faces, that would be one thing, but to claim that the overall graphics are ugly :shock: is .... simply not true.

Out of curiosity, you said that you played only 2 hours and hated it. While 2 hours is a very short time to evaluate such a huge game, I want argue that as we all have things that we like and things that we hate, but let me ask you, beside the graphics, was there anything else in particular that resulted in such a strong emotion?
Linked thread in this post is less bizzarro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom