Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bethesda Releases Concept Art

Drakron

Arcane
Draedra are not demons, Tarmiel had long be used to deal with Draedra and even if the gates are a issue someone wearing a set of the Draedra armor means someone managed to get their hands on it ... its just armor and wearing does not make someone a Draedra or even a worshiper (and lets not forget that Azura is a Draedra Lord), its likely it got the armor by removing it from a Dreadra corpse.

The armor exists from back to Daggerfall were nobody given a shit about, its unlogic someone started now ... kinda like because you have a AK-47 does not mean you a communist.

Besides there is "elven armor" and likely Dwemer is going to show itself again ... does wearing Dwemer armor means the user is a Dwemer?

Of course not.

Section8 said:
Single player CRPGs don't offer this kind of social interaction, so they need to substitute something in its place. If a game doesn't account for the RP decisions you make, why play the game? Why not find a nice patch of sun, kick back, and daydream instead? You're flexing that imagination without any of the constraints of a CRPG. Or even better, how about commiting some of that imagination to some form of creative media, like art or literature, so others can enjoy the fruits of your imaginings. That is after all what P&P RPGing is, entertaining yourself and friends with a collective creative output.
Reminds me of an interesting statement I've come up with:
Lucid dreams are the ultimate rpg's in terms of freeform, non-linear and raw roleplayability.

The disadvantages are your own imagination. And the capabilities of your own mind.
Also the reason why some people use drugs.
A lot of drugs do help with the imaginative process. Generally called "uppers". Examples would be stuff like Heroïne and Toadstools(*?). But also cafiëne. Cafiëne is "forbidden" in some sports.
Though there are drugs that can also reduce the imaginative process. Making you more relaxed. Ingnorance is bliss sometimes.
It's also a reason why you can suddenly understand some drug-arts when you're using drugs.
Anyhow drugs just produce certain substances that can help stimulate a certain proces in your mind.

*Toadstools is a translation for paddo's. I don't know what paddo's should be called in English, but I would asume toadstools or toadies come close.

Drakron said:
Draedra are not demons, Tarmiel had long be used to deal with Draedra and even if the gates are a issue someone wearing a set of the Draedra armor means someone managed to get their hands on it ... its just armor and wearing does not make someone a Draedra or even a worshiper (and lets not forget that Azura is a Draedra Lord), its likely it got the armor by removing it from a Dreadra corpse.

The armor exists from back to Daggerfall were nobody given a shit about, its unlogic someone started now ... kinda like because you have a AK-47 does not mean you a communist.

Besides there is "elven armor" and likely Dwemer is going to show itself again ... does wearing Dwemer armor means the user is a Dwemer?

Of course not.
Well AK-47 are widely in use. Daedric armour isn't as widely in use.

Though you're right. Attacking Diyath Fyr because he wore Daedric armour would have been silly.
However if he'd worn a helmet that looked like the head of a Dremora, I might have attacked him.
Well not if he's in his home, but NPC's will wander about now. If I'd encounter Diyath Fyr on one of his explorations in a Daedric shrine, I wouldn't hesitate attacking him.

There's no real way to fix this though. RAI is still no where near our intelligence.

In world war I the french wore bright blue uniforms (obvious disadvantage). The Germans wore something more camouflaging. The french should have changed their uniforms, but they can't just take the uniforms of dead Germans. That would cause tremendous confusion.

Lumpy

Arcane
M'Aiq the Dragon said:
Anyhow back to Daedric armour. If you're an NPC and you see someone wearing Daedric armour you won't question why he's wearing it.
It's the best armour in the game. Simple.

YOU DO, however question how he got.
Now here are two options:
- He got it from killing Daedra.
or...
- He's serving a Daedra Lord.

Well if you're able to kill Daedra you already should be wearing decent armour (mithrill/ebony), so no use changing outfit.
So it would make more sence to me that when someone's toting around Daedric armour would be evil. The chances are just quite a few% higher for them to be evil.
[/i]
But Daedric is the best. How does it not make sense for a guy killing a Daedra to take his armor?

Chefe

Erudite
Good points Section8 and M'Aiq. Agreed on all.

*M'Aiq, I think the word you were looking for is "Shrooms".

Anyways, imagine this scenario...
----------------------------------------------

You're a citizen of Elfville in Cyrodiil. It's a moderately sized village, not a very large population, with decent trade routes to the Imperial City.

You make your living as a blacksmith, like your father and grandfather before you. You're friendly with most people in the village, and attend temple services. Your wife stays at home and tends to the children, who are always getting into trouble. You go the the bar at night to eat, drink, and be merry with the other townsfolk. Overall, life is good.

One day you hear from your friend, a town guard, that the emperor of Tamriel has been assassinated. Before you can recover from the shock, he also tells you the Imperial Legion is taking up arms from all around the empire because some kind of a gate has opened up in the city of Kvatch, unleasing hordes of daedra. They viciously killed citizens and destroyed buildings.

That night the bar is extremely busy. The entire town is there discussing this daedra incident. "What if a gate opens up here?" one man exclaims. "I heard they don't even die! And are fueled by the blood of innocents!" another one shouts. The local Mages Guild leader steps up and tells the town about the daedra, and how powerful they are. "We could probably take one or two if we're careful," he says "But we'd have to get out of town quickly if there were many. And I mean, get out of town fast. Leave your belongings and don't try to fight back!" The wizard also addresses something you've never even heard of, a daedra lord. He says, with fear in his eyes, "The daedra lords are the fiercest of them all. They are the most ruthless and vile creatures on the face of the earth. More evil than the snakemen to the north, more cunning than the dragons to the east. They wear spiked platemail that glows red from the blood of their own kind, souls infused into their armor! They wield massive weapons made of mithril, ebony, and adamantium." He pauses for a moment, then looks down at the floor, "If one should ever pay a visit to our humble town... gods help us all."

This is the talk of the town. People are worried, and you've noticed an increase in weapon purchases. Then, a few days later, you're outside of your shop fixing a broken hinge on the window. It's early in the morning, so most of the town is asleep and the streets are pretty much deserted. Then, out of the corner of your eye, you see a dark figure walking up. You turn your head, seeing a man fully decked out in armor that looks like it was made from the souls of the damned. It's gruesome spikes tell tales of violence and hatred. It glows red as if it were bleeding. Attached to the back of this figure is one of the largest and shiniest ebony claymores you've ever seen. The blade glistens as if it has just been sharpened, and the hilt is bloodstained.

What do you do?

Section8

Cipher
Draedra are not demons, Tarmiel had long be used to deal with Draedra and even if the gates are a issue someone wearing a set of the Draedra armor means someone managed to get their hands on it ... its just armor and wearing does not make someone a Draedra or even a worshiper, its likely it got the armor by removing it from a Dreadra corpse.

Isn't it more likely that there is actually a Daedra under it all? I find it more plausible that a god-like Daedra wearing god-like armour is going to stay alive rather than become a corpse for someone to remove it from.

Plus you entirely missed the point I made earlier, where you have a primitive society under threat. If you're just a peasant or a common trader, are you going to make the assumption that under that Daedra armour is someone who killed one at some point, or are you going to run screaming?

(and lets not forget that Azura is a Draedra Lord)

Yes, there are a few good Daedra, (Azura, Boethiah*, Mephala, and presumably their entourage) but given that Daedric armour is made through a process that involves torturing other Daedra, I can't see them being a huge fan of wearing it.

Yeah, but you better believe dressing in an enemy uniform would get your arse shot pretty fucking quick.

Of course not.

Well, given the lore that precedes Oblivion, then no, of course it doesn't mean the user is Dwemer. But what race are they? For instance, what race is this guy? [edit] For that matter, what gender is it?

* I actually quite like Boethiah's armour:
dae_beothiah.gif

Chefe

Erudite
Drakron said:
The armor exists from back to Daggerfall were nobody given a shit about, its unlogic someone started now

Oh come on, you're not that stupid are you? I mean, seriously, it's Daggerfall. A whole skill set didn't even do anything in that game. There are enemies on the CD that never were implemented, there's even a movie of a town seige that was never put in. Your horse was a 2D sprite that was placed in the front of your screen.

That's like saying it didn't disrupt the gameplay or bother anyone that there were only 2-4 different villager sprites, so why bother implementing different styles of NPCs now? Or saying that special NPCs in Daggerfall didn't give a shit if you swing a sword through them, so why should they give a shit now?

Be reasonable here.

... kinda like because you have a AK-47 does not mean you a communist.

Try carrying that AK-47 around a city and tell me how things go.

whitemithrandir

Erudite
Chefe said:

...[snip]
What do you do?

Quickload repeatedly until I kill him for the phat armor and that sweet sweet sword.

Lumpy

Arcane
Chefe said:

*M'Aiq, I think the word you were looking for is "Shrooms".

Anyways, imagine this scenario...
----------------------------------------------

You're a citizen of Elfville in Cyrodiil. It's a moderately sized village, not a very large population, with decent trade routes to the Imperial City.

You make your living as a blacksmith, like your father and grandfather before you. You're friendly with most people in the village, and attend temple services. Your wife stays at home and tends to the children, who are always getting into trouble. You go the the bar at night to eat, drink, and be merry with the other townsfolk. Overall, life is good.

One day you hear from your friend, a town guard, that the emperor of Tamriel has been assassinated. Before you can recover from the shock, he also tells you the Imperial Legion is taking up arms from all around the empire because some kind of a gate has opened up in the city of Kvatch, unleasing hordes of daedra. They viciously killed citizens and destroyed buildings.

That night the bar is extremely busy. The entire town is there discussing this daedra incident. "What if a gate opens up here?" one man exclaims. "I heard they don't even die! And are fueled by the blood of innocents!" another one shouts. The local Mages Guild leader steps up and tells the town about the daedra, and how powerful they are. "We could probably take one or two if we're careful," he says "But we'd have to get out of town quickly if there were many. And I mean, get out of town fast. Leave your belongings and don't try to fight back!" The wizard also addresses something you've never even heard of, a daedra lord. He says, with fear in his eyes, "The daedra lords are the fiercest of them all. They are the most ruthless and vile creatures on the face of the earth. More evil than the snakemen to the north, more cunning than the dragons to the east. They wear spiked platemail that glows red from the blood of their own kind, souls infused into their armor! They wield massive weapons made of mithril, ebony, and adamantium." He pauses for a moment, then looks down at the floor, "If one should ever pay a visit to our humble town... gods help us all."

This is the talk of the town. People are worried, and you've noticed an increase in weapon purchases. Then, a few days later, you're outside of your shop fixing a broken hinge on the window. It's early in the morning, so most of the town is asleep and the streets are pretty much deserted. Then, out of the corner of your eye, you see a dark figure walking up. You turn your head, seeing a man fully decked out in armor that looks like it was made from the souls of the damned. It's gruesome spikes tell tales of violence and hatred. It glows red as if it were bleeding. Attached to the back of this figure is one of the largest and shiniest ebony claymores you've ever seen. The blade glistens as if it has just been sharpened, and the hilt is bloodstained.
... As he gets to the town center, he takes his helmet off. He is a nord, and appears to be quite a strong warrior. He says to the townspeople gathered around him:
"Do not worry. With this armor, not even the guys Chefe referred to as Daedra Lords, but are actually called Dremora, can harm me. Why? Because I have one of their armor, which is much better that any other one. Because I have this armors, I will be able to save your village from the Daedra. I couldn't have without it."
An arrow suddenly pierces his head. "Die, evil Daedric armor wearer. I have saved you all, people. You could have cut yourselves in the spikes coming out of his armor."
Then the Daedra come and kill all of them.

Chefe

Erudite
Lumpy said:
... As he gets to the town center, he takes his helmet off. He is a nord, and appears to be quite a strong warrior. He says to the townspeople gathered around him:
"Do not worry. With this armor, not even the guys Chefe referred to as Daedra Lords, but are actually called Dremora, can harm me. Why? Because I have one of their armor, which is much better that any other one. Because I have this armors, I will be able to save your village from the Daedra. I couldn't have without it."
An arrow suddenly pierces his head. "Die, evil Daedric armor wearer. I have saved you all, people. You could have cut yourselves in the spikes coming out of his armor."

Oh, you're witty. By the way, there are creatures called Daedra Lords. Don't hurt yourself now trying to find one in Morrowind, they were in Daggerfall. Ever heard of that game? The Daedra Lords are very similar to the Dremora and Dremora Lords from Morrowind and Battlespire. So, wait! I guess you're not really witty. Oh well.

Either way, the naming doesn't matter, but how you described the Nord taking off his helmet does. Even if he had his helmet off, he should have to convince the townsfolk he's not going to kill them. He should have to prove himself, possibly using speechcraft (like in your example) or by a quest, and gain the towns respect. But when they first see a burly man decked out in the armor of Oblivion itself... well... they should shit their pants (not literally, of course, unless they really are that radiant).

Lumpy

Arcane
Chefe said:
Lumpy said:

Oh, you're witty. By the way, there are creatures called Daedra Lords. Don't hurt yourself now trying to find one in Morrowind, they were in Daggerfall. Ever heard of that game? The Daedra Lords are very similar to the Dremora and Dremora Lords from Morrowind and Battlespire. So, wait! I guess you're not really witty. Oh well.

Either way, the naming doesn't matter, but how you described the Nord taking off his helmet does. Even if he had his helmet off, he should have to convince the townsfolk he's not going to kill them. He should have to prove himself, possibly using speechcraft (like in your example) or by a quest, and gain the towns respect. But when they first see a burly man decked out in the armor of Oblivion itself... well... they should shit their pants (not literally, of course, unless they really are that radiant).
Maybe back then, they were called Daedra Lords. But nowadays, the Daedra Lord is synonimous with the Daedra Prince, a god of the Daedra. Dremora Lords exist, though.
So, if you were a villager, what would you do?
a. Trust the guy in Daedric armor, who promises to save you from the real Daedra.
b. Fight the guy in Daedric armor, because, even though he promises to save your village, he is evil because he wears Daedric armor (which would help him to save your village).

How exactly would a guy in Daedric inspire less trust than a guy in Ebony armor?

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
Section8 said:
I don't have any problem with the discipline, and I recognise that good roleplaying tends to happen independent of system. But I'm also recognising the big difference between P&P and CRPGing.

If I make a choice and roleplay my character independent of the system in a P&P session, then there are other players who react accordingly to the choices I make, and also, a Dungeon Master to account for my choices and tailor the campaign, encounters and NPC reactions accordingly.

I didn't do a very good job on that last post, your comments are quite valid. It's not like I want a completely non-reponsive world that I have to fill with life exclusivley by means of my imagination. Of course a good amount of logical feedback from the game is great and absolutely necessary to make it a good CRPG.
What I hate is overregulation via gameplay mechanics - you are class X, so you can't wear material Y. Your alignment is "chaotic evil" so you don't have dialogue option Z and everyone will run away screaming because they know. You wear daedric armor and everyone assumes you are evil, without you having the chance to convince them otherwise by dialogue. Now, if the game were complex enough that you could go and convince people that you are stil a nice guy, or if they would give you the benefit of the doubt, because you alaready did lots of good things for the villagers, then I would be all for it. Since its usually done with a simple cause effect rule however, I prefer to leave such things open.
In general prefer to leave a little more to the player and less to the gameplay mechanics for this kind of stuff.

Its a thing i hate about dialogue trees too: often you choose an option and the result is you alienate an NPC, he might attack you, not give you the item etc. etc. Now in real life I could argue, plead, apologize... - in a game I usually can't and it drives me crazy if that happens.

So, unless you have the time and talent to implement these kinds of feedbacks really well, I prefer to not have too much of that type. A few well placed ones (like the Indoril armor) is quite enough, IMHO.

Chefe

Erudite
Lumpy said:
Maybe back then, they were called Daedra Lords. But nowadays, the Daedra Lord is synonimous with the Daedra Prince, a god of the Daedra. Dremora Lords exist, though.

Maybe Oblivion will be the point where Bethesda finally decides on what the hell they're really called?

So, if you were a villager, what would you do?
a. Trust the guy in Daedric armor, who promises to save you from the real Daedra.
b. Fight the guy in Daedric armor, because, even though he promises to save your village, he is evil because he wears Daedric armor (which would help him to save your village).

If it was me, I'd run to a town guard and have him alert the citizens, soldiers, and other guards that are in the village. They'd ring the town bell and surround the Daedric-clad guy. At that point, they'd ask him what his purpose was there. If he had high persuasion skills, he could persuade the town that he was friendly and the suit was merely taken from a corpse of a slain enemy. Another way, as I mentioned before, was that the town would give him a task to perform. Perhaps a group of bandits had been raiding the town recently, or little Timmy was dragged off by a Minotaur, and the guy would be tasked to complete this quest and earn the village's trust and respect.

How exactly would a guy in Daedric inspire less trust than a guy in Ebony armor?

Wearing the armor of the feared lords and princes of Oblivion, the armor that's infused with the souls of demons, is going to cause more fear than the well-known and long respected Ebony armor of nobles and wealthy soldiers.

Chefe

Erudite
GhanBuriGhan said:
Its a thing i hate about dialogue trees too: often you choose an option and the result is you alienate an NPC, he might attack you, not give you the item etc. etc. Now in real life I could argue, plead, apologize... - in a game I usually can't and it drives me crazy if that happens.

So you'd want a second chance. Well, if the NPCs personality doesn't warrant him giving second chances, just accept that you chose the wrong dialogue option with him and continue on. It's called roleplaying. Go with the flow. You made decision X so Y happened and you didn't get something. Life isn't fair. That's what makes the dialogue in an RPG real and challenging.

Or are you the kind of perfectionist where *EVERYTHING* must be completed with 100% accuracy and you get pissed off when you don't get to exhaust every dialogue option?

Drakron

Arcane
The point I was trying to make with Dwemer was that nobody is saying anything about a armor set that makes it impossible to determine its actual race, if anyone would stop someone because they were wearing Daedra armor why sould they not stop someone wearning Dwemer armor since it could be a dwemer/dwarf?

Your point over daedra armor is that someone wearing must be one or affiliated with then but you dont carry beyond that ...

In Morrowind the Ordinators attacked anyone wearing their because the only one could have a piece was by stealing or murdering a Ordinator and that was their badge of office.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lumpy said:
c. Don't wait for something that looks like it just stepped out of a gate to Oblivion to walk up to you and explain itself.

Chefe

Erudite
Drakron said:
The point I was trying to make with Dwemer was that nobody is saying anything about a armor set that makes it impossible to determine its actual race, if anyone would stop someone because they were wearing Daedra armor why sould they not stop someone wearning Dwemer armor since it could be a dwemer/dwarf?

Well, since Dwemer items were said to be "illegal" in Morrowind, it would have been nice if the game recognized that. As in guards came up to you and questioned you about where you got that piece of dwemer. Oh well.

I see what point you're trying to make. It seems you think the Dwemer are dangerous. The Dwemer/Dwarves were a peaceful race. The only ones that hated them were the Dark Elves (since the Dark Elves invaded their land, but that's another story). Azura didn't like them for trying to play god (but that's also another story). However, with everyone else they were knows as an intelligent and peaceful race. Also, the Dwemer haven't been seen in some absurd amount of years, I think it was over 4,000. No one knows what happened to them. Their ancient sites are gold mines for archeologists and scholars, and their artifacts are prized by collectors.

The only person that would actually believe that you were a Dwemer when you are wearing the armor would be the village idiot. And even then, I'd be doubtful that he wasn't joking.

The Daedra, however, have just opened up gates around Cyrodiil and are distroying cities and lives. They're spreading like a plague through the land; threatening to destroy all human, elf, lizard, cat, and minotaur life as we know it. They damn SpeedTree to hell and plan on turning Tamriel into a landscape on par with Fallout.

Do I need to hit you over the head with a baseball bat, or do you get it?

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Chefe said:
Drakron said:

Well, since Dwemer items were said to be "illegal" in Morrowind, it would have been nice if the game recognized that. As in guards came up to you and questioned you about where you got that piece of dwemer. Oh well.

I see what point you're trying to make. It seems you think the Dwemer are dangerous. The Dwemer/Dwarves were a peaceful race. The only ones that hated them were the Dark Elves (since the Dark Elves invaded their land, but that's another story). Azura didn't like them for trying to play god (but that's also another story). However, with everyone else they were knows as an intelligent and peaceful race. Also, the Dwemer haven't been seen in some absurd amount of years, I think it was over 4,000. No one knows what happened to them. Their ancient sites are gold mines for archeologists and scholars, and their artifacts are prized by collectors.

The only person that would actually believe that you were a Dwemer when you are wearing the armor would be the village idiot. And even then, I'd be doubtful that he wasn't joking.

The Daedra, however, have just opened up gates around Cyrodiil and are distroying cities and lives. They're spreading like a plague through the land; threatening to destroy all human, elf, lizard, cat, and minotaur life as we know it. They damn SpeedTree to hell and plan on turning Tamriel into a landscape on par with Fallout.

Do I need to hit you over the head with a baseball bat, or do you get it?
on the dwemer bit, only the really educated/rich guards would know unless curcumstance dictated otherwise

Chefe

Erudite
MINIGUNWIELDER said:
on the dwemer bit, only the really educated/rich guards would know unless curcumstance dictated otherwise

In Morrowind, all guards should have known about it.

In Cyrodiil, I don't think they would be considered to be illegal, since there are no Dwemer ruins to plunder and loot. I do hope if you walk around town wearing Dwemer armor the NPCs will take notice and positively comment on it and you acquiring such a rare and exquisite piece. The Dwemer armor looks much better now.

Drakron

Arcane
Actually you incorrect in several things Chefe.

The Dwemer are not well know, the fact they are called dwarves shows people did not really know much about then, the only race that had dealings with then were the Dummer, in fact the Dwemer were likely one of the houses before the events at Red Mountain.

Oh and notice they are mer with means they are elves, in fact they were likely the 5th house (notice how there are 4 houses and Dagoth is the 6th house).

As for then playing god ... well the Heart of Lorkan is not something to mess around with, playing around with it can destroy the normal plane and they were planing to use their golem god to escape the mortal plane and that is not good.

As for Dwemer artifacts ... sorry but they sould know, its a rather old law that put in effect reguarding the old Dwemer golem they build that was supposed to be powered by the Heart of Lorkan (and instead was powered by someone else heart - see Daggerfall plot) since the empire wanted it back, the Blades original purpose was to recover the parts of the golem when it was lost.

Of course that it makes no much sense to enforce that law (since Daggerfall events) and that is why guards dont do much about it, in fact it was not even enforced in Daggerfall and that is because they already found all the parts (except the heart) when Daggerfall started.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Chefe said:
MINIGUNWIELDER said:

In Morrowind, all guards should have known about it.

In Cyrodiil, I don't think they would be considered to be illegal, since there are no Dwemer ruins to plunder and loot. I do hope if you walk around town wearing Dwemer armor the NPCs will take notice and positively comment on it and you acquiring such a rare and exquisite piece. The Dwemer armor looks much better now.
note the end bit of my post
and did dwemers even appear in tes in any numbers(dont know the timeline)?
or are they like the furlings in stargate SG-1?

Chefe

Erudite
Drakron said:
Actually you incorrect in several things Chefe.

I am?

The Dwemer are not well know, the fact they are called dwarves shows people did not really know much about then

No, they are called dwarves because a... damn this sounds silly... an extinct race of giants befriended them and, since the Dwemer were smaller, took to calling them dwarves (but hey, that's what they say in Morrowind). Then the name stuck as their common name, much like Dark Elf for the Dunmer.

They are pretty well known around Tamriel for their artifacts. That they existed is pretty well known, of course, what little information there is that's actually about them is scarce.

the only race that had dealings with then were the Dummer, in fact the Dwemer were likely one of the houses before the events at Red Mountain.

Oh and notice they are mer with means they are elves, in fact they were likely the 5th house (notice how there are 4 houses and Dagoth is the 6th house).

They were a great house, convienently called House Dwemer. This is explained in Morrowind.

And I know they are mer. Dwemer literally translates into "Deep Elves" (again, according to Morrowind).

As for then playing god ... well the Heart of Lorkan is not something to mess around with, playing around with it can destroy the normal plane and they were planing to use their golem god to escape the mortal plane and that is not good.

Okay. I know this, how was I wrong? I only said that Azura was pissed off because of what they were trying to do.

As for Dwemer artifacts ... sorry but they sould know, its a rather old law that put in effect reguarding the old Dwemer golem they build that was supposed to be powered by the Heart of Lorkan (and instead was powered by someone else heart - see Daggerfall plot) since the empire wanted it back, the Blades original purpose was to recover the parts of the golem when it was lost.

What are you babbling on about here?

Of course that it makes no much sense to enforce that law (since Daggerfall events) and that is why guards dont do much about it, in fact it was not even enforced in Daggerfall and that is because they already found all the parts (except the heart) when Daggerfall started.

In Morrowind, it was enforced (or rather, it should have been but that feature was cut) because any average joe could go into a Dwemer ruin and start looting the place. Obviously, since the artifacts are so rare and valuable (Morrowind forgot to include the feature that made them valuable, too), and also historically significant, they don't want people to do that.

Personally, I'd be really surprised if in Oblivion you heard talk that Dwemer artifacts were illegal. I think that only applies to Morrowind, for the reasons I mentioned above.

Drakron

Arcane
Tthey were part of the elves that split and moved to Morrowind and isolated from the rest of the world, it looks they had their own type of magic.

They appear to be very isolanist and end up with conflict with the dunmers later on when the dunmer reached Morrowind until they settled for peace ... until the whole heart thing were they all vanished.

Part of the dwemer disagreed with using the heart and left to west, the ruins on Daggerfall are what is left of then but nobody really knows if they vanished with the rest of the race or if they used their airships to leave Tamniel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom