Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BG2 Appreciation thread

Lurkar

Scholar
As bad as the jailbait paladin is, there's much, much worse. She's just the most well known of the horrifyingly bad NPCs.

Take Chloe, for example. That shit will permanently damage you.

Also, the worst thing about Aerie is that, with Robes of Vecna, she actually becomes obscenely powerful. Viconia would be much better if half the NPCs didn't try to kill her. Actually, Viconia would be better if just Keldorn didn't try to kill her.

Murk

Arcane
Viconia would be great if her strength wasn't so retardedly low /powergamer ;(

i got kind of sick of her retarded prejudices, she'd be a much neater character if she brought some actual drown insight and skill instead of just establishing she's awesome because drow are awesome period

i fucking hate drow

gamefan

Scholar
Volourn said:
That would be Troika on the Codex. Actually, not true. that be Spiderweb. 'Cause at leats Troika made fun games. SW games ar ejust plain old fahsion shit.

Most oevrrated dveloper ever is Bethesda though followed by Blizzard.

BIO has made more awesome agmes than Troika has made games. BG1, BG2, NWN, JE, and ME. All fuckin' awesome.

Period.
NWN sucks.

gamefan

Scholar
RainSong said:
Volourn said:
BG1, BG2, NWN, JE, and ME. All fuckin' awesome.

Period.

I now know why I don't agree with most of your posts, you have no taste.
Yeah, volourn's taste sucks for the most part but he likes alot of good games too.

NWN and JE though, :oops:

elander_

Arbiter
Serious_Business said:
janjetina said:
intelectually demanding games like Fallout

Seriously?

Damn

Perhaps what he wanted to say is intellectually stimulating games like Fallout. Any moron with half a brain can finish Fallout but some quests make you consider your options very well to get the optimal results for your character. In a way Baldurs Gate 2 is also a bit like this.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Well - if you do only the main quest it's not, but if you do all the sidequests + the expansion it must be damn close..."

No.

And, FO is no more 'intellectually stimulating' than any other game.

"but some quests make you consider your options very well to get the optimal results for your character."

That's not 'intellectually stimulating'.

"I now know why I don't agree with most of your posts, you have no taste."

"Yeah, volourn's taste sucks"

BG1, BG2, NWN, JE, ME, FO1, FO2, ARC, and U7. All fuckin' awesome.

Period.

Lurkar

Scholar
Mikayel said:
Viconia would be great if her strength wasn't so retardedly low /powergamer ;(

i got kind of sick of her retarded prejudices, she'd be a much neater character if she brought some actual drown insight and skill instead of just establishing she's awesome because drow are awesome period

i fucking hate drow

Pretty much ALL of Viconia's conversations are made of her insulting someone. It gets old. Not that Aerie's whining is any better.

sabishii

Arbiter
One of my favorite things about BG2 is its atmosphere. Bethesda talks about immershun but BG2 pulls off a much better fantasy feel with its art and colors:

baldursgate2.jpg

I'm willing to bet that if Oblivion had those kinds of colors and designs that it would be a lot more palatable to those on this forum.

racofer

Thread Incliner
sabishii said:
One of my favorite things about BG2 is its atmosphere. Bethesda talks about immershun but BG2 pulls off a much better fantasy feel with its art and colors:

I'm willing to bet that if Oblivion had those kinds of colors and designs that it would be a lot more palatable to those on this forum.

That and 50+ voice actors, revamped leveling system / skills system, a plot, no compass, no "go from A to B, kill C, retrieve D, return to A" quests, not being able to join the thieves/db and fighter/mages guild like they are all buttbuddies, no unkillable "important" npcs.... basically if they had dumped the whole game and made Tetris 20.0 it would'be been better.

Murk

Arcane
Lurkar said:
Pretty much ALL of Viconia's conversations are made of her insulting someone. It gets old. Not that Aerie's whining is any better.

she had a few decent moments and i liked that she wasn't very accepting to standard "oh i value you above all!" type of dialog options but... those were far and few and didn't save it from the "MALE SHUT UP !!!" crap.

She had a few neat lines with Sarevok too

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom