Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News BG2 Remake

kris

Arcane
denizsi said:
Don't worry, people. They will never finish it. They'll probably release a "demo" a few years from now, then they may decide to switch to Dragon Age 2, and eventually call it quits "due to real life".

I hate modders, I really do. Fucking degenerate subhumans that need to be put out. All they ever produce is useless shit. Tons of it.

Pretty accurate for PGS, but it should noted that there are loads of really good mods for strategy games.

Mattresses

Scholar
I love the inference that a modder could ever achieve anything remotely praiseworthy in 'real life'.

Hory

Erudite
Fifteen years of improvements to 3D and it still sucks.

Topher

Cipher
It's not the graphics that bug me it's the crappy DA combat engine, if their not going to bother blending it with the D&D spell system then they were better off just making a new standalone adventure, but I guess that would take actual talent.

Why do modders always insist on taking on such huge projects when they could make a compact and detalied adventure instead?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Topher said:
Why do modders always insist on taking on such huge projects
It's unfortunately very common that 'modding teams' get together to try stuff like this because they want to be acknowledged in an issue of PC Gamer.

Topher

Cipher
Andyman Messiah said:
It's unfortunately very common that 'modding teams' get together to try stuff like this because they want to be acknowledged in an issue of PC Gamer.

What a waste. Maybe when my new PC shows up I'll convert the capitol wasteland into a blank slate and make an all new a mini-adventure with the engine. Maybe not, I never learned how to make new dialogue in Morrowind, I wonder how easy it would be for Fallout 3. Probably still requires scripting and I doubt the tool set handles that in a very user friendly way.

dr. one

Augur
obvious attempt at scoring a job is obvious.
at least the getting attention part worked already, it seems. after all, they already made it into Codex news without almost nothing done.
of course, there are no plans to finish this.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Topher said:
Why do modders always insist on taking on such huge projects when they could make a compact and detalied adventure instead?

Attention whoring. This project will never be finished and in any case it's just a reinvention of the wheel. BG2 already exists (and looks better than DA), why make it again?

Note how a quality of modders is directly tied to a quality of game.
While JA2/OFP/ArmA/Civ4 modders are busy with making those games vastly superior to originals (which they successfully achieved already) the only thing you get with "played-and-forgot" games are a bunch of untalented fags incapable of creating something new with lots of drama and modder-cults and next-to-none results.
(Come to think of it - in the same way good games don't have crazy fanboy retards)

Tails

Arbiter
MetalCraze said:
Attention whoring. This project will never be finished and in any case it's just a reinvention of the wheel. BG2 already exists (and looks better than DA), why make it again?
Hm BG has no animated sex scenes therefore this could be the reason?! Anyway it will never be finished.

Foamhead

Educated
!!!!

This just in from the video game news:

The RPG Codex shocked the world today by shitting all over something and the people working on it. In an unrelated story statistics show that the RPG Codex has a vastly disproportionate number of people with no lives.

Tails

Arbiter
I'm very sorry for being not excited at all about pointless remake.

kris

Arcane
Re: !!!!

Foamhead said:
In an unrelated story statistics show that the RPG Codex has a vastly disproportionate number of people with no lives.

Good. I guess it is a bit like swine flu. That sickness that killed most of the people in the world.

Zeus

Cipher

Foamhead said:

The RPG Codex shocked the world today by shitting all over something and the people working on it. In an unrelated story statistics show that the RPG Codex has a vastly disproportionate number of people with no lives.

I'm pretty sure having a life and remaking BG2 in the Dragon Age Toolset are mutually exclusive.

latexmonkeys

Augur
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Foamhead said:

Attention whores bored the world today by announcing yet another stupid bg2 remake that will never be completed. In a related story, RPG Codex user Foamhead foams at the mouth in a fit of butthurt nerdrage.

In other news...
zeus said:
I'm pretty sure having a life and remaking BG2 in the Dragon Age Toolset are mutually exclusive.
This.

Arem

Scholar
DramaticPopcorn said:
DA:O toolset is way too buggy for such big project.

Also, they won't be able to implement ADND 2nd ed rules completely (not including countless divine/arcane spells), and since DA:O's game mechanic sucks dick, I don't see the point in such project.
True.

But hey there is even NWN2 OC remake in works!
omg, this is totally awesome! Everyone was so stiff in the game, this'll bring more life! :) and also, I hope Bishop will be romanceable option? :3 XD I am sure many fans of Bishop/Casavir/Sand/whoever else will want more option for such X3

Looking forward for this! ^_^

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
The BG remake for NWN2 is coming along pretty nicely:

A little report for those that are interested.

- Almost all the area are done. This is almost 100% Drechner works.

- The sound of the originnal game are imported in the mod with a hak and a 2da. The music of the original game as well.

- the soundset of the original characters aren't done yet. But I hope to be able to import Imoen/minsc and the other original voiceset for exemple.

- the generic scripts system is all done.
Custom death system that works like in the original game.
If the main char dies, it's game over, if a companion dies he remain dead until you can rez him or kick him out of the group where he deasapear.
Basic Iron weapon have a chance to break while fighting until you solve this problem.
The characters becomes tired if they don't rest for 48h. they loose 1 point in each stats every 48H that can be regained if you rest.
The special ability that the char start to devellop are done.
The various book of stats increase are done.
For plot items we are using the originals game icon. They are imported in the game

The world map system is all done and the various module are beginning to be tied with it.
there is a time travel while going from an area to an other depending of the distance.
And you enter from the correct side of the area depending from where you comes.

All the custom content used have been regrouped in 3 hak.

A blueprint hak, a sound hak and a 2da hak. We are using many thing that we got in the vault. But I put all of them in a single hak since we changed some texture and many of the custom content we got was only in an override format for dev. I don't even have the list of all of those that were used.

We got 2 or 3 custom content maker that did specific stuff for the module as well. A custom sarevok helm and some creature a Gibberling and a doppleganger for exemple. I find their work very good.

Almost all the conversation have been transcripted in the mod. But the quest related script is still in its beggining.

The NPC and items are done and for some module we start to put them in game with the scripting associated to them.

TOSC is fully functionnal and done except for the story related to the 3 daughter in BG.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Arem said:
But hey there is even NWN2 OC remake in works!

Well at least this looks a tad better, but my God does DA:O have fuck ugly armor and weapons...
Despite all this, the nwn 2 remake might actually work, since all it had were gythianky(which look pretty good in the screen shots), orcs, goblins, lizardmen and a few more.
I do wonder, however, on what they'll do with the classes, introducing some such as Clerics (if only a few healing spells/buffs), some actually interesting spells for the mages, druids, etc.

omg, this is totally awesome! Everyone was so stiff in the game, this'll bring more life! :) and also, I hope Bishop will be romanceable option? :3 XD I am sure many fans of Bishop/Casavir/Sand/whoever else will want more option for such X3

Looking forward for this! ^_^

Oh for fuck's...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
The BG remake for NWN2 is coming along pretty nicely:

Oh great, port a game done in good engine to a shitty engine.

Can't the people who actually have the knowledge to do things like this do something useful instead?

Who in their right mind would play BG in that shitty engine?

The Barbarian

Liturgist
The Barbarian is going to go lie down, listen to Queen and lament this turn of events. Crom has truly abandoned men.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom