Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bioware unveils 'Dragon Age'

Sammael

Liturgist
Dragon Age = a CRPG in which you play a dragon.

Mark my words.

Araanor

Liturgist
High fantasy with a bunch of dragons loitering about, I doubt they would go more complicated than that.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Volourn said:
Now, if Troika were to name a game Dragon Age; I'd say the sam exact things about it as I'd do with BIo naming a game Dragon Age.
Troika call a game Dragon Age? Hell no. That's WAAY too short a title for them. Now if you said "Age of the Dragon: Red Heart" then I'd think so.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Think i's both silly and premature to bash the title of a game before any info is revealed (although I also think it's bad form to release the title of a game without more background info to go with it). I'm willing to give Bioware the benefit of a doubt, I enjoyed KotOR and although Jade Empire is a console game and thus not interesting, I think it shows that they are willing to deviate from the standard fantasy formula. Maybe it's a Reign of Fire game? :wink:

Rosh

Erudite
triCritical said:
Sammael said:
Dragon Age = a CRPG in which you play a dragon.

Mark my words.

What about a tarrasque?

Well, knowing how well BioWare goes for superfluous fanservice, why not? I wouldn't be surprised. Nothing's too twinkish, munchkinish, and mainstream for them to whore out more old plot device clichés with. Maybe they'll "think up" the St. Ives brainteaser, or perhaps try going for the goose/fox/feed puzzle or some variant of that. :lol:

And the fanboys say:
"OMFGG!G!G!G! They have a TARASK!! OMFG!!! INNOVASHUN!!!!"

;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom