Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News bitComposer issue official statement on Chaos Chronicles

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Age of Decadence - Released on Thursday August 29, 2027 - three hours before SKYNET gains self-awareness
:lol:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
God damn it... I looked forward to this game so much.

I guess Kickstarter is out of the question? Shitcomposer seems to love letting the crowd fund their games. :(

Don Peste

Arcane
Don't worry, Black Isle's new project is all we need.
62515366_640.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The incline list is surely getting shorter. From "OMG! Turn-based RPGs are everywhere!" to this.

Shadowrun - the modders will fix it
Realms of Arkania - what is this, I don't even...
Chaos Chronicles - the lawyers got to it first.

Dead State - ...nomen est omen
Wasteland 2 - Proven to be an elaborate Russian hoax after Brian Fargo's decomposed corpse is accidentally discovered
Project Eternity - After Josh Sawyer is shot by R.O. Guyey during his wedding ceremony, the project collapses on itself
Torment 2 - After inXile's downfall, the assets are re-purposed and the game is finally released as a visual novel on PS4
Age of Decadence - Released on Thursday August 29, 2027 - three hours before SKYNET gains self-awareness
Grimoire - On January, 2102, Cleve sends an update to the backers of the sixtieth fund-raising campaign, promising the superdemo release "soon"

I like the implicit and selfexplanatory fact that of course Cleve survives the 2027 holocaust, hiding in his bunker :lol:

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
In case people suddenly forget why Kickstarter is hailed, let them look at Chaos Chronicles and learn from it.

I am bitter as -FUCK- right now.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Game's been relatively bug-free so far, its content seems complete, no major features are missing afaict.

Maybe you meant it in some other way?

Hegel

Arcane
Oh, added to the long list of failures associated with the Government intervention in the market. Poor german taxpayers. :lol:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Oh, added to the long list of failures associated with the Government intervention in the market. Poor german taxpayers.

I think that pretty much the only fact that can be agreed upon in this matter is that the bavarian fond is pretty exempt of any part in the blame.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
In case people suddenly forget why Kickstarter is hailed, let them look at Chaos Chronicles and learn from it.

I am bitter as -FUCK- right now.
For this particular issue, KS isn't a solution. The issue is funding. It's rarely sufficient, if ever, and KS doesn't do much there. If anything, it only increases the risks by forcing developers to over-promise. I mean, who knows, maybe if Shadowrun was limited to one campaign, it wouldn't be so shallow. Still not sure how Obsidian will add a second major city, a mega-dungeon, which is like another city, a stronghold, and everything else they promised without cutting corners everywhere.

So far, we have indie games like Conquistadors that were already playable by the time they go to KS and they get 75-250k, and then the AAA-equivalent games that pull in millions, which might still not be enough to deliver quality in a relatively short time.

Hegel

Arcane
Oh, added to the long list of failures associated with the Government intervention in the market. Poor german taxpayers.

I think that pretty much the only fact that can be agreed upon in this matter is that the bavarian fond is pretty exempt of any part in the blame.
You don't get it, do you? If they didn't have any public backing they'd be less inclined to such shenanigans. Seriously: "sorry the dough is finished and we have no intention of releasing a bugged product", what kind of excuse is that, gladly they don't work for me otherwise I would have fired them at light speed. That's the exact reason why we love contingency clauses so much, regardless if there were no public funds, the investors would be much smarter in their selection process. Too bad they can't be served a writ of execution, which brings forth the previous point: Poor bavarians taxpayers.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

You don't get it, do you? If they didn't have any public backing they'd be less inclined to these shenanigans. Seriously: "sorry the dough is finished and we have no intention of releasing a bugged product", what kind of excuse is that, gladly they don't work for me otherwise I would have fired them at light speed. That's the exact reason why we love contingency clauses so much, regardless if there were no public funds, the investors would be much smarter in their selection process. Too bad they can't be served a writ of execution, poor bavarians taxpayers.

The bavarian fond funded the game after development had started and bitComposer had agreed to publish and pay for the game. The funding was used to add features, not pay for stuff bC would have otherwise paid for.

But good luck with your political campaign bro. I'm sure it will serve you nicely :salute:

weresheeple

Educated
Bullshit, 3h won't be enough to kill the assassin in the release (perfect) version of AoD.
Thank goodness that we will be able to just download any 100 hour game and experience it like a 3 second flash movie in our cyber brains by then.

Hegel

Arcane

You don't get it, do you? If they didn't have any public backing they'd be less inclined to these shenanigans. Seriously: "sorry the dough is finished and we have no intention of releasing a bugged product", what kind of excuse is that, gladly they don't work for me otherwise I would have fired them at light speed. That's the exact reason why we love contingency clauses so much, regardless if there were no public funds, the investors would be much smarter in their selection process. Too bad they can't be served a writ of execution, poor bavarians taxpayers.

The bavarian fond funded the game after development had started and bitComposer had agreed to publish and pay for the game. The funding was used to add features, not pay for stuff bC would have otherwise paid for.

But good luck with your political campaign bro. I'm sure it will serve you nicely :salute:
And so many features they added, the game is going to be a masterpiece.
Oh... wait, what game? Exactly. :keepmyjewgold:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom