Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Humbaba

Arcane
So BG2 is still not matched or surpassed?

0c3.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
there are people on the steam forums mad that "wizards just hit ppl with their staff when they run out of spells"
:nocountryforshitposters:
Nowadays they use cantrips , still no reason to complain, you used to give them a sling or crosbow. Hard to have an opinion about the game just by reading steam reviews , users could just be completely retarded POE shills. Not that it is any better here i've seen more fanboysm in the owlcat subforum than in the old bioware forums .

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
there are people on the steam forums mad that "wizards just hit ppl with their staff when they run out of spells"
:nocountryforshitposters:
That's just your average """RPG""" player nowadays.
I told you, milion times. Steam babies are behind every decline in indie market. Steam babies and reddit retards. These INTELECTUAL GIANTS to whom any puzzle more complex then Skyrim's gives headache. These RPG lovers who love Fallout 4, and talk for hours about how big immersive sim is Skyrim. They use words like "quality of life", "balance", "gameplay loop". All those are RED FLAGS. They are retards, and retards need to be shot

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It is. By BG1.

No, BG1 is not better than BG2. BG2 is higher level, with much more cool places to go. In introductory dungeon, you can visit the plane of air and talk to djins there. Can own a stronghold and fight dragons. Way better game.

Yep. Thanks 5E for that...

And that is great. Low level wizards should have very limited magical capabilities. I don't see any problem with it. In 2E, a lv 10 Magic User(mid level) can use 15 total spells(4/4/3/2/2) and only 4 mid level(tier 4~5) spells an entire day, if they are specialized, they can get more spells but they still can ran out of spells. At will cantrips and other BS is a huge decline.

Nowadays they use cantrips

So a lv 1 wizard has unlimited magical energy output now...

Anyway, started the game. The loadings are long but aren't as longs as people portrait.

Mortmal

Arcane
It is. By BG1.

No, BG1 is not better than BG2. BG2 is higher level, with much more cool places to go. In introductory dungeon, you can visit the plane of air and talk to djins there. Can own a stronghold and fight dragons. Way better game.

Yep. Thanks 5E for that...

And that is great. Low level wizards should have very limited magical capabilities. I don't see any problem with it. In 2E, a lv 10 Magic User(mid level) can use 15 total spells(4/4/3/2/2) and only 4 mid level(tier 4~5) spells an entire day, if they are specialized, they can get more spells but they still can ran out of spells. At will cantrips and other BS is a huge decline.

Nowadays they use cantrips

So a lv 1 wizard has unlimited magical energy output now...

Anyway, started the game. The loadings are long but aren't as longs as people portrait.
Well tell us later if you like it , its impossible to figure if its any good .

pomenitul

Arbiter
Bad ESL writing is a special kind of terrible, even within the famously inept world of CRPGs. I uninstalled the demo about 15 minutes in despite being very much part of the target audience – life’s too short for this shit.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Maybe they're having performance problems because they're trannies or whatever that flag symbolizes.
dT2LD1k.png

This is an asexuality fag flag. The user is obviously not asexual, merely some smelly shut-in kid doing it for attention.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well tell us later if you like it , its impossible to figure if its any good .

So far I'm enjoying a lot. Created wintermage and am lv 1 at moment. Ran out of spells in the first fight and had to fight on melee like a low level wizard should do. Also, snow deals 2~7 damage and I have about 12 hp meaning that I can get two hit killed by a tier 1 spell. I expect that the game will maintain this lethality in higher levels but there are a lot of dialog options. Also appears to have stronghold which is one of my favorite aspects of higher level gameplay. IDK if you can get it in EA, but if you press B

"you do not have a stronghold at the moment."

So far :
  • Relative high lethality(compared to pillars)
  • Strongholds on higher levels
  • Crafting ice golems
  • Unique classes like wintermage
I'm liking it a lot. Will be better than Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous? NO. Will be better than BG3 and Solasta? Yes!!!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So far I'm enjoying a lot. am lv 1 at moment.

iu

LOL. Only cuz I prefer mid and high level doesn't mean that I hate low level. Mainly when is a new game with a new system to learn and a new world to explore. So far, the game uses the vancian magical system but is a bit different than AD&D

• Spells goes from 1 to 7 for arcane casters too, not only divine casters
  • You have two different types of spells slots per spell level. The base-energy and elevated energy. Elevated energy allows you to raise large walls with a circle 1 spell however, you can prepare much more limited elevated energy spells
  • At level 2, I can prepare 6 base energy spells and only two elevated energy spells
  • Spells doesn't seem to scale with your level. My "snow" spell deals the same damage after I leveled up. IDK if all spells are like this, I have heard that necro skeleton spell summons more skeletons on higher levels.
Other amazing thing. Leveled from lv 1 to 2 and only got +2 hp.

Cvilidreta

Novice
just played couple minutes and couple observations... kind of odd that when you position your mouse cursor over any ui element, you won't be able to scroll using the wasd keys, also scrolling down when moving down the cursor works only if you scroll down between the ui elements. I'd also prefer to be able to zoom out more, the current maximum zoom isn't that far imo. Also, i'd like to be able to drag&drop items in the inventory, it would be more intuitive than the current way of moving items. It would be helpful if the corresponding items slots would highlight when i want to equip an item. In the log,i'd prefer if the latest actions would be at the top, also the log isn't easy to read for me as specifically names appear almost as dark as the background. During the first fight i can't quickload, but have to load via the menu.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What I really disliked so far is that spellweaver seems to have access to every spell in the game. While wintermages has a very limited spell selection and I wish that I will get better spells on higher levels. Only lv 4/5 at moment. So many people criticized the story but I honestly am enjoying a lot. You see the effects of "curse of greed" and are in a journey to reclaim your title and state, not to save the world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom