Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition from Nightdive Studios

Modron

Arcane
They just pulled a beamdog, I don't remember there being this much of an uproar at them hiding the classic version behind a purchase of the enhanced edition of the Baldur's Gates. Hell at least these guys didn't up the price of their version compared to the old one don't know why they are so upset. Especially since they weren't making money off the old release and the old release wasn't free.

Codex Year of the Donut
4typYz6.png

faggot had his work taken and sold for profit by a corporation after they tried to delist his work he did for free and replace it with an inferior product, then they banned him from their (presumably) primary communication platform, and his only response is "d-d-don't be mean to them!!!"
lmao

Viata

Arcane
I see it as their fault for making something for free and just giving it to GOG to sell it. Next time, don't be a fucking dumbass. Do what all those openX did.

Azdul

Magister

faggot had his work taken and sold for profit by a corporation after they tried to delist his work he did for free and replace it with an inferior product, then they banned him from their (presumably) primary communication platform, and his only response is "d-d-don't be mean to them!!!"
lmao
I admire business acumen of Nightdive Studio. You cannot allow superior version for 5$ competing with your own brand new full price release.

BTW - if you don't like the idea of Gothic 1/2 with OpenGothic being available only as a free addon to my anime erotic visual novella set in the Gothic world - you need to outbid my offer of 100$ for the rights sent to THQ Nordic.

Codex Year of the Donut
dev studios nearly always actively make games worse when they attempt remasters

meanwhile, some random autist in his basement by himself is capable of doing this
snapshot.jpg

snapshot2.jpg

(yes, it's the entire game upscaled)

Naraya

Arcane
I mean, 99% of "remasters" are nothing more than cashgrabs - extract the maximum amount of dollars from the "fans" with the minimum effort. It's really that easy, and it's the main reason I'm not interested in them.

Modron

Arcane
The old release of Blade Runner was 10 dollars as well, they didn't jack up the price like beamdog with it's zero effort BG Enhanced Editions. Plus the original version of Blade Runner wasn't even available on steam before they added it to this release I don't get why this would make players upset. Modders in question sure. For comparison: Beamdog never made OG Baldur's Gate available to steam owners but they did for sure hide the original version behind the purchase of the more expensive EE on GoG.

El Presidente

Arcane
"We're a super professional company with lots of super professional contacts all over the industry and a super professional portfolio, take a look!"

Uh hey dude your product is shit, in fact it's a scam.

"LOOK WE'RE A VERY SMALL INDIE STUDIO ALL WE HAVE TO WORK WITH HERE IS OUR PASSION AND OUR LOVE!!!"

Every single time.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
The White Dragon scene looks better in orginal for example but this is the only example so far that i saw that shows that orginal looks better, it is the other way around most of the time. But difference is super minimal.
You might want to try prescription glasses and/or not browsing the internet with a mobile phone.

Dexter

Arcane
To this day I still don't get why the "Shitdog" releases didn't get the same response as this, only maybe worse since Baldur's Gate and Planetescape: Tournament are more iconic games. They didn't "Remaster" shit either and made a lot of things worse.

Another dev studio that got off relatively scot-free with releasing blurry smudged shit with shitty Mobile UI embedded on top of the game was the "Simon the Sorcerer 25th Anniversary Edition" guys, although to be fair I guess they didn't get a lot of attention either: https://store.steampowered.com/app/674150/Simon_the_Sorcerer_25th_Anniversary_Edition/
iu

ss_effcef273b8fb1702a192cfe246a1b51912967ee.1920x1080.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
To this day I still don't get why the "Shitdog" releases didn't get the same response as this, only maybe worse since Baldur's Gate and Planetescape: Tournament are more iconic games. They didn't "Remaster" shit either and made a lot of things worse.
worst thing beamdog EEs did was greatly reduce the interest in GemRB.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

No upscaling.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh look! My review on the gog store page was too spicy for them was disappeared in some unfortunate website mishap! Here it is in its former glory:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-at-12-44-55-Blade-Runner-Enhanced-Edition.png

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I genuinely have nothing against remasters, in fact, the more the better. But it seems almost no studio (or at least most of them) is capable of pulling it off properly.

- leave the original game in the store/on abandonware sites
- new remaster should be properly compatible with new OSes
- new remaster should have the option to run like the original, smoothly as butter and with original or new assets
- new assets don't need to be remade, but use proper AI upscaling techniques like the aforementioned FF9 Moguri mod

Is this so hard to ask? Rhetorical question, in theory it isn't, in practice it seem to be.

P.S. would love a good remaster port of Dino Crisis/Parasite Eve games. I doubt we'll see proper remakes, and even if we do, it's highly likely they will end up being shit anyways.

Well, gee! gog must've had some sort of server mishap or something, because all of a sudden my review for Blade Runner went missing.

At first I figured this must be an accident, considering that a whole bunch of them got gobbled up. I'd say a good 70% of the reviews for Blade Runner "Enhanced" Edition are now gone.

gogbladerunnerreviews.png

Ha, look at this conspiracy theorist! This can't be right! Everyone knows that gog are the good guyz in gaming, no way would they ever do something underhanded!

Or so I thought, until I found this mail from gog support in my inbox...
gogdoramabr2.png

I was almost flattered - getting messages from gog support these days will usually take a number of weeks at the very least... And I hadn't even contacted support!

Still, I was somewhat miffed by the realization that gog had indeed been nuking negative reviews. Here's my reply to them.
gogdoramabr.png

As of right now, they have purged several pages worth of negative reviews. But that's ok, I know how these fuckers operate by now, so I kept screenshots of all the reviews, just in case just this sort of thing happens.
gogbladerunnerdeletedreviews.jpg

Note how a good portion are from verified buyers (that's what Bestätigter Benutzer means in German).
Negative reviews in foreign languages are still up, because, lololol, gogstaff are apparently too fucking retarded to turn off their own language filters. If they eventually get around to deleting non-English language negative reviews, rest assured there are screencaps of those as well!

PS: Please feel free to post a link to the above review compilation in the Blade Runner "Enhanced" Edition release thread! I can't post it myself, since I'm currently in the middle of a 2 month forum ban. ;)

racofer

Thread Incliner
Oh look! My review on the gog store page was too spicy for them was disappeared in some unfortunate website mishap! Here it is in its former glory:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-at-12-44-55-Blade-Runner-Enhanced-Edition.png
GOGstapo will not have the likes of you spewing dissent on game reviews. Consoooome your product and be glad we allow you to spend your shekels on our store. Now repent and buy from our LGBTQIF++++ catalogue or face the consequences.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom