Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl LE release date announced

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
People who pre-ordered the game are doing some testing now. Browsing the forums, it looks like a lot of people are happy with the product. There only seems to be a few minor issues. Lots of "issues" are people who aren't familiar with the rules.

Mantiis

Cipher
yay bloodbowl

Looking at the boards it looks like my major gripes are fixed:

1. Matches can be reset so that they are replayed.
2. Matches can be set to whatever the league manager wants so if it crashes out at 3-0 on turn 15 the score can be set (as long as participants agree) and this will assign money and MVP points.

By the sounds of it the netcode is still a little flakey but the above changes addresses this somewhat. I will be purchasing it this weekend I think and ill post back here if I think it's worthwhile trying for another league.

Mantiis

Cipher
Got it and it seems ok so far, initial thoughts:

It is far more stable in single player and more polished.
I couldnt see the mouse cursor when I first started the game, I had to update my video drivers and now it's all good
The AI seems a little better but I still won my first game with Nercromantic whom I have never played with before.
The flow of the menus seems better than before - it just feels better all around.
You can navigate the map with WASD!!

There is a small chance I am over BB as I am not enjoying it as I did when I got the first release. Or it could be I don't like necromantic. Or single player. Hmmm.

Multi-headed Cow

Did they remove the limited activations shitty DRM? I see no mention of it on Steam's listing of it. If it's all fixed and wonderful and HOPEFULLY has good AI since I'd mostly be playing singleplayer I might might might buy it. I was originally planning on piracy but what the hell.

Edit: Just looked it up, apparently still has shitty DRM even on Steam version. God damn French bastards.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The AI seem to be better over all.

I have only played a few matches and they seem to build better cages and do things a bit better.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm tempted. Any hopes of getting another league going?

BvG

Novice
The most annoying thing about cyanids implementation is that they threat it as a rts, instead of a turn based game. In addition, they introduce a lot of unskipable animations. So a usual turn goes like this:

1. wait for "it's your turn" animation to end
2. readjust field view, because it shifted (even if you disabled the stupid "action" cam)
3. click on player, click where you want to move him or tackle or whatever
4. wait for animation
5. quickly glimpse at scrolling log, but don't see any meaningful info about why you won/lost the tackle or pass or whatever
6. wait for injured animation to finish
7. repeat step 3 to 6 (or 5) until turnover or touchdown
8. wait for touchdown animation (hit esc frantically to shorten it slightly)
9. wait for injured animation (hit esc franticall to shorten it slightly)
10. wait for opponents injured animation (don't hit esc it's important to know who stands up, but it won't be in the log because it will be scrolled up to invisibility)
11. wait for new turn animation (don't hit esc, won't help)
12. don't use the internet no matter how boring your opponent behaves, if you disconnect this rts game, you loose it

Or similar, it's been half a year since i played it, and this fuckup of a ui still gives me the angry.

so is that any better in le?

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
MetalCraze said:
Note how this didn't reach 10 pages yet. Everyone's waiting for TPB Special Edition :smug:

Dood your starting to turn into a cliché of your self you need new material

grotsnik

Arcane
Eh, I'm downloading it now. Decided to be a glutton for punishment.

Mantiis

Cipher
It would have to be BB:LE though - I can't go back to the Dark Elves version.

I guess I will be organising it again? :grumble:

If someone else wants to organise it let us know!!!

Multi-headed Cow

Wish the pirates would hurry up and release this. Been getting an urge for some Blood Bowl, especially since the AI in this is supposed to be a little better.

bb2_orc_cheer.jpg

Blood Bowl LE - £30
fumbbl - free

Lets be honest here - I'm not nearly enough of a graphics whore to spend £30 on pretty animations that can't even be skipped. Though thrashing some Codexians is always a tempting proposition, I have better things to spend my money on

MetalCraze

Arcane
Well I will wait till there will be another sale on Steam or pick it up from some western internet shop bargain bin. Because here it's getting released by the same shitty publisher as "original" Blood Bowl.
Why shitty? Because the russian version can't be patched and so you either buy a western ubermensch version or get stuck with 1.0 forever.

Fuck I want my BBLE. The 2nd game this year I truly waited for.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
I'm no poorfag, so I ignored the discount for owning the prior version and just bought it on Steam. Too bad the damn thing won't be finished downloading until tomorrow.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
There's a difference between not being a poorfag and being utterly stupid

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Berekän said:
There's a difference between not being a poorfag and being utterly stupid

Either you really, really hate Steam or you completely misunderstood what I said and exposed yourself as being one gigantically butthurt faggot.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
So suddenly paying a 30% extra to play a game on your online DRM of choice is somewhat acceptable... ok :lol:

Multi-headed Cow

Dear pirates, please work faster as for the last few days I've had a burning desire to drink some beer and play some Blood Bowl and would rather play LE than my vanilla edition.

Love,
~Multi-headed Cow

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Berekän said:
So suddenly paying a 30% extra to play a game on your online DRM of choice is somewhat acceptable... ok :lol:

Convenience fee, bro. We already do all our match preparation through Steam. And the alternatives would be to get a physical copy shipped to me or order through NextWay(?). I've heard horror stories about them. Hell, on release day they ran out of digital copies of the game. Digital copies.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Multi-headed Cow said:
Dear pirates, please work faster as for the last few days I've had a burning desire to drink some beer and play some Blood Bowl and would rather play LE than my vanilla edition.

Love,
~Multi-headed Cow

1291007186.trivium.nfo.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom