Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

From Software Bloodborne 2 (probably)

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Lahey, Dec 8, 2017.

1. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    So wtf is written on that parchment? No chinks ITT?

Btw awesome news. After the disappointment that was PGW I sure as fuck didn't expect From to announce anything at some shitty Games Award event. Miyazaki, the eternal troll.

^ Top  
  2. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    Could be an entirely different world/setting, but then they decided to slap Bloodborne 2 on it anyway for brand recognition.

^ Top  
  3. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Just like they slapped Miyazaki's name on DS3.

^ Top  
  4. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I was under the impression that DaS3 was all Miyazaki.

^ Top  
  5. Momock Savant

Momock
    Nope. Fatal Shadows for PS2 is by Fromsoftware (and it's super hard compared to Wrath of Heaven.

^ Top  
  6. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Putting aside the fact the game fucking sucks it has also two co-directors mentioned in the credits. Whereas Bloodborne just Miyazaki. And both games were developed at the same time. But I might be completely wrong and Miyazaki could've spent equal time on both.

Show Spoiler
    :prosper:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Deflowerer Arcane

Deflowerer
    miyazaki worship is retarded

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  8. Felix Arcane

Felix
    Looks like tenchu to me. pseudo old japanese writing on the parchment. shadow may refer to ninja and 'die twice' sounds like a james bond title.

^ Top  
  9. Falksi Arcane

Falksi

^ Top  
  10. bert Arcane

bert
    Personally I hope it's not Bloodborne 2. If it is though I'm hoping they'll be taking it to a new setting but same-ish mechanics, which judging by the parchment it seems like that's their plan.

^ Top  
  11. Somberlain Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    No, it's not. Fatal Shadows was developed by K2, like Wrath of Heaven.

Fromsoft published it and ported it to PSP. It's not very hard to check this info.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    This. Not a big fan of anything smacking of victorianism. Anyway...

Seems we can calm our tits and focus on here and now for now. It's still a long, long way off.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Hyperion Magister

Hyperion
    Parchment also looks like it was stuck against a wall with a... flathead screw driver? Machinery and Blood screams Bloodborne, but I do agree with you, From needs to not franchise every game they make, even if they're mechanically similar.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    That guy Vaati that makes those long rants about lore on youtube did bring up an interesting idea. The 4th world in Demon's Souls is the Shrine of Storms, the inhabitants are called shadowmen, they are all undead and the skeletons there all use Katanas (this being tied to the Asian looking script on the parchment). In fact, you can get the Uchigatana there along with another special Katana, the Makoto (or something like that). So, Demons Souls prequel about the Shadowmen and the Shrine of Storms? Would be interesting, if only from a story perspective, but I dunno.

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.