Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bloodlines: no wonder troika is out of business

bryce777

Erudite
The other slowness is ok for me. Sometimes it gets quirky, but it's not bad.

The loading makes it basically unplayable because it will litterally be at least a minute. Now it is much better, but still painful.

I am hoping the loadtimes will die ones I go up to 2+gig

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
I never even considered replaying Bloodlines, the mere thought of wading through all those linear quest locations seems pointless, especially when you already know all the scary bits. But to be fair, i did replay the game all the way through when i discovered the "noclip" and "notarget" cheats, those really eased the pain.

Worst part for me were those areas where the enemies respawn instantly, and out of nowhere, even when you're watching the spawn point. I have a hard time figuring out what goes on in a developer's head, when he or she thinks it's a good idea, to handle respawning enemies like that.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
fnordcircle said:
The gameworld was tiny, the NPC interaction was non-existent and all those loadtimes didn't seem worth it based on the graphics it had.

By NPC interaction, you mean NPC interaction in the story missions, right? In the map hubs, there was quite a lot to do with the NPCs like picking up the better quests in the game. In fact, the dialogue options outside the missions were fantastic in terms of interactivity including the use of special blood powers if you were a Malkavian or Ventrue. Speech skills popped up quite a bit as well in the dialogues and had some fairly useful effects on side quests.

If the regular plot missions had the same kind of thing, the game would have been much better.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Wow, what a whinny bitch. I hereby officially change the name of this site into FPScodex, putting the whinny bitch back into crybaby pansy ass fag queer sissy bitches whinny babies.

The title of this post should be, "No wonder no real rpgs are made anymore." Or, "No wonder "rpgs" are now focusing on graphics, glitz, and superficial shit instead of content, and also why game mechanics or any sort of complexity are being replaced by streamlined, simplicity and hot action."

Man the fuck up bitches. Or switch to your prefered genre, the FPS.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Roqua said:
Wow, what a whinny bitch. I hereby officially change the name of this site into FPScodex, putting the whinny bitch back into crybaby pansy ass fag queer sissy bitches whinny babies.
You misspelled whiny. And usually when you say "putting the X back in Y" Y should actually contain X as it is written, but you have "whinny bitch" going into "bitches whinny".

bryce777

Erudite
Roqua said:

The title of this post should be, "No wonder no real rpgs are made anymore." Or, "No wonder "rpgs" are now focusing on graphics, glitz, and superficial shit instead of content, and also why game mechanics or any sort of complexity are being replaced by streamlined, simplicity and hot action."

Man the fuck up bitches. Or switch to your prefered genre, the FPS.

Wow, you are an idiot.

First off, this is rpglite as far as combat goes - a first person rpg where the manual is concerned more about "combination attacks" than say, telling you how to figure out how much fucking health you have (which seems impossible). Sound familiar? Yup, sounds like a console game to me.

It also uses a superhighend graphics whoring engine. Licensed no doubt at great expense.

People accepting compromises and sortof rpgs as the real deal is the real reason nothing decent comes out any more.

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
At least play through the Santa Monica hub. It's great. You don't need to bother with the rest, really. Though Downtown has some interesting quests, like the flesh-eating vampire lady.

Twinfalls

Erudite
bryce777 said:
Well, now that I pooped in two new gig sticks, the loading is much, much better.

You crap RAM? Impressive, very hyper-Gibsonesque.

One Wolf

Scholar
bryce777 said:
Well, now that I pooped in two new gig sticks, the loading is much, much better.

Maybe 10 seconds at most. At least the game is worth giving a shot, now.

10 seconds? holy shit man, how long is it gonna take me to load a save with an amd +1800 and 512mb of ram?

bryce777

Erudite
Naked_Lunch said:
At least play through the Santa Monica hub. It's great. You don't need to bother with the rest, really. Though Downtown has some interesting quests, like the flesh-eating vampire lady.

I've already tapped all that out. Now I am in the sewers...feel like super mario vampire.

Who'd have thunk, also, there would be 75 security guards at the museum of natural history?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom